ILS Approach Missing [SOLVED]

RRVyper

Randy,

I have just temporarily disabled Aerosoft EDDF and rebuilt the database with default EDDF from P3D v4.3. I see ILS on all RWYs 07C, 07R, 25C, 25L. The new (northernmost) RWY 07L/25R is of course missing as it was not available when the stock data were compiled. I have the latest Sors Update intalled, but this has no influence on the default airport layout in APX50140.bgl.

Thanks, Oskar.  I disable the Orbx EDDF files (x3) and rebuilt the db so only the APX50140.bgl file is active and still no joy. I guess the only difference between us now is the AIRAC provider (I'm using Navigraph).

image.thumb.png.6b9ab25fba29f1fda5fb5bbb0cfe3d47.png

image.png.3a64bd44c8669b27a630257c69c99fb5.png

Strange that the navaids show:

image.png.1b7e35689ffb50e2e629f54668b9d839.png

Perhaps the support files I uploaded will provide the answer.

Thanks.

Randy

@aivlasoft @lonewulf47

I believe this is solved! :grin:

I was looking at the Orbx Germany South EDDF file (ADE_FTX_GES_EDDF.bgl) and noticed an "extra" runway 08/26. I was able to remove it (and an associated ILS/Start Position/Approach), update the remaining ILS data, and add the missing ILS data from the latest AIRAC. I then rebuilt the database and the approaches now show. What I don't understand is why the DbBuilder still accessed the Orbx files when I renamed their file extensions to ".off". :unsure:

This is what I now see:

image.png.a4c2344014ad20d6d8a2376fc8dddf3d.png

image.png.5d465bba1c45f5d0fb8f9511d0c15ad7.png

image.thumb.png.06f262f577d304fb1f29da5fafbb5ab8.png

All that's left is to fly some of the approaches and see if things work in the sim.

Cheers!

Randy

• RRVyper changed the title to ILS Approach Missing [SOLVED]
  • 1 month later...
14 hours ago, mroschk said:

Hello,

i have nearly the same problem.

I have also installed Mega Airport Frankfurt for P3Dv4 and have doubled ILS for 07L/25R and so on like in the Picture above.

How can i fix that?

See attached the Airport Info

MR

Hi MR??? (please observe the forum rules)

I'm afraid there is nothing to fix as it is exactly the case in EDDF ?! You might check this with the latest AIP Germany AD2 EDDF 4 ff

RWY 07L: ILS Z Cat III, AA 3.0°, 111.75 MHz, IFEL

RWY 07L: ILS Y  Cat I,   AA 3.2°, 110.30 MHz, IFNE

RWY 25R: ILS Z Cat III, AA 3.0°, 111.35 MHz, IFWR

RWY 25R: ILS Y Cat I,   AA 3.2°, 109.75 MHz, IFNW

ATM we cannot distinguish between two ILS' on the same RWY. Therefore whenever you select one of the 4 ILS' check for the proper IDENT and then select the corresponding "Y" or "Z" ILS. "Y" ILS should have an Apporach Angle of 3.2° iso 3.0°. This is wrongly modelled from the Addon Developer. If using our EDDF AFCAD (see here:https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3005-afcad/) the GS angles are corrected for display in EFB v2, it must however be noted that the approach angle in the SIMULATOR is still at 3° for all ILS', as it is derived as a tuneable Navaid solely from the Sim (AddOn) BGL. To have the real 3.2° approach angles the corresponding AFCAS of the AddOn needs to be changed.