ILS Approach Missing [SOLVED]

RRVyper

I could not find a topic that is similar to the issue I'm having. I was flying a route from EGLL into EDDF Rwy 07R and noticed that the ILS procedures for that runway are not available. I'm not sure how they are built within EFB so not sure where to look for the problem. I have the latest Navigraph AIRAC cycle. I can see the approach in the FMC (PMDG 747) and also in Little Navmap. I am using P3Dv4.3.

Rebuilding the database did not help.

Any ideas?

Randy

896334821_EDDF07R.thumb.jpg.bf22facc685a499ea6517a1b6caae0e7.jpg

7 hours ago, RRVyper said:

I could not find a topic that is similar to the issue I'm having. I was flying a route from EGLL into EDDF Rwy 07R and noticed that the ILS procedures for that runway are not available. I'm not sure how they are built within EFB so not sure where to look for the problem. I have the latest Navigraph AIRAC cycle. I can see the approach in the FMC (PMDG 747) and also in Little Navmap. I am using P3Dv4.3.

Rebuilding the database did not help.

Any ideas?

Randy

Hi Randy,

We will have to investigate. We might need some more details. Build # of Server and Client, do you use any Add-on for EDDF? With Aerosoft's EDDF and NavDataPro 1809 however all looks normal.

EDDF_07R.png.ba8f8d572c875c038f6b6cc83f4a15ee.png

I am having the same problems but it is wide spread.  I made a trip to KICT and no ILS approaches were listed even though they exist in both Navigraph charts and the Maddog MD82 databases.   I also have Navigraph navdata up to date using 1809, rev1.

I am now planning a trip from KICT to KATL and have the same problem where EFB is only showing RNAV approaches to KATL.

My server version shows 2.0.57.0 and client shows 2.0 build #74.  I run the client on a separate computer.

The airports are default P3Dv4.3 on Win7. 

I have had other airports with missing ILS approaches but did not keep the data for them since I thought it was probably something I was doing wrong.  That was until I see the pattern now that every airport I visit are missing ILS approaches.

Is there any other data that would help you with this issue?

Thanks for any ideas.166532586_EFBILSMissing.thumb.png.b940fb87c1c77d5a3eeab8ffaae2aef9.png

Jerry

To me it seems that during the creation process of the database some data are lost. In the case of KATL no ILS information get recorded, although there are quite a few...? (see picture, also from default KATL in P3D V4). Could it be that an automatic backup system or an aggressive AV program cause havoc? In any case, the Server log will be interesting for some more clues. So, in fact the ILS approaches are not missing, but for any (so far) unknown reason they are not showing up on your system. We surely will find the reason, sooner or later ?

KATL_ILS.png.97bc0f2fd245af691f1aaa132ac28b7a.png

The file location paths for p3dv4 in the update sim function shows as:  Install is E:\P3D v4\  & Scenery.cfg folder is  C:\ProgramData\Locheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 - are these correct for standard install?

I have attached what I believe to be the result of creating a support file.  Let me know if I got the wrong file.

Thanks for the quick response.  :)

Server_201808221121.txt.zip

Thanks for the replies.

Is it possible that updating the default P3D Nav data (as provided by Hervé Sors on his website) has created a problem with the database creation? I'm not sure if anyone else has done this but I did. It all began when trying to do an approach to EDDF Rwy 25C I was not receiving the Loc or G/S, but if I used the old frequency (IFNW 109.50) it led me to the runway. Using Hervé's (AIE) Airport Inspector & Editor (great program, btw) I narrowed the issue down to an Orbx Germany South file (ADE_FTX_GES_EDDF.bgl) that was outdated:

2096987683_OrbxEDDF.jpg.a417ada683584e37a893439e6e94fa6a.jpg

I used the AIE program to fix the BGL, adding the missing ILS approaches and removing the incorrect ones. That probably accounts for your 07R display differing from mine (LDA and VFR pattern). But I am not sure how/if it affected the EFB database creation. Could the Nav data update be the culprit? Is it possible to determine which BGL file(s) are not cooperating for me (i.e. not providing the ILS or GLS approaches in this case). Server version is 2.0.57.0 and Client is 2.0.74.0.

Randy

Edit: Forgot to mention that I am not using any EDDF addon (other than what Orbx is providing).

@HondaJet

Thank you for the log file.

I can see that the database creation process was not successful. It ended with the message: Database creation finished with 6 warning(s) and/or 3 error(s).

This would be an important information for us. Next time please mention it.

I can see that you have fsAerodata installed (or at least have had) on this computer. Did you update this product to the latest AIRAC cycle?

I forgot to ask you to do the following:

- select the airport KATL in EFB Client (-> Airports)

- when the airport is loaded, please press the 'i' (information) button, right of 'Airports'

- can you take a screenshot so I can see the file list. This list shows the hierarchy in which the content of the files is considered.

Thanks.

Urs,

I do update fsAerodata each month when I update Navigraph so that is up to 1809 also.

Sorry about not mentioning the errors, I just didn't remember it when writing up the details.  The best I can recollect that has happened every time I ran that process.

I attached the KATL airport info as requested.

Let me know how I can help further.  Do you think I need to reinstall this program?

Thanks for your efforts.

Jerry

Airport Info.png

Hi Jerry,

thanks for the screenshot.

Some indications that make me think that the installation might be somehow messed up:

- in the logfile I can see 3 errors which are clearly related to an older version of fsAerodata than cycle 1809. The developer of fsAerodata told me that these errors have been fixed already with 1809.

- in the screenshot above the files list should list at least 3 files if fsAerodata is properly installed.

So from my point of view you should verify whether fsAerodata is really properly installed and if its really cycle 1809.

Urs,

Here is a shot of my fsAerodata that confirms it is 1809.  I will try an uninstall and reinstall of it to see if that gets the right files showing for the EFB. 

I sure hope that will resolve the issue.  I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Jerry

fsAerodata.png

38 minutes ago, HondaJet said:

Urs,

Here is a shot of my fsAerodata that confirms it is 1809.  I will try an uninstall and reinstall of it to see if that gets the right files showing for the EFB. 

I sure hope that will resolve the issue.  I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Jerry

Jerry,

just as a sidenote,  I would first disable FS Aerodata completey, do a rebuild of the database and check for availability of the ILS'es with REAL default data. Thereafter you can still reinstall FS Aerodata.

I uninstalled fsAerodata and all its files I could find after the uninstall.  Then reinstalled it and ran the update to 1809 (both done with anti-virus off).  Then ran the update Navdata which ran successfully without any errors.

Then I ran Update Simulator which came up with 7 warnings and 3 errors like before (shown in attached file).

Even though the errors were still there I checked my last flight airports (KATL & KICT) and they both show ILS approaches now.

Hopefully this will continue on my next flights and all is good again.

Thanks for all your help on this guys.

Jerry

EFB Errors.png

ILS Showing.png

One more thing I found in case someone else runs into this issue with fsAerodata and EFB.

I found a comment in their forum about this problem with Cycle 1808 so I tried it and it cleared the errors on this run.

They said to disable and then re-enable the database in fsAerodata.  Then run the database builder in EFB again.

This time it ran with no errors.  Yea!

Thanks for all your help on this guys.

Jerry

Glad you are sorted out, Jerry.

@lonewulf47 @aivlasoft

Any idea why I can’t see the EDDF ILS approaches using Navigraph? I checked P3Dv3 (installed on the same machine but without the default P3D nav updates I mentioned above) and they still don’t show in EFB. I turned off Bitdefender just in case and still no joy.

Perhaps someone with Navigraph data could check EDDF approaches in EFB to see if the ILS ones show up, and it’s not just me with the issue. :roll:

Randy

Thanks, Jerry. But I think that's KATL. ?

@aivlasoft, unfortunately I'll be away from my computer for about 3 weeks now. Once I'm back from vacation I'll do as you request. I remember checking EDDF and the 2 files in use were 1) the outdated Orbx file I mentioned above and 2) the stock P3D file (APX50140.bgl in the 601 folder if memory serves). But I'll get you those items.

Thanks.

Randy

Hi

I have the same problems with missing ILS approach. However, this only happens, if i have installed e.g. a new scenery, start P3d
and subsequently the server, then the message for the database builder appears.  If I confirm that and build a new database, it comes to this error

If I start the database builder in advance manually and let it go through, everything fits so far.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 2:14 AM, aivlasoft said:

Hi Randy,

same question to you, could you please rebuild the database, then create and upload a support-file from the EFB Server. Also create a screenshot from the airport info of EDDF.

@aivlasoft

As requested:

image.png.466e9989c2b211def29045aea859ae3a.png

I hope this helps. I'm thinking perhaps the nav data update referred to in my post above may be the issue.

Update 2018-09-16: Uninstalling Hervé Sors' Nav Data update did not resolve the issue.

Randy

Client_201809141937.txt.zip

Server_201809141937.txt.zip

On 8/24/2018 at 11:31 AM, HondaJet said:

OOPS, Sorry about that Randy, I was not awake when I did that.

Here is the one you wanted in case you have not left yet.

EDDF.png

@HondaJet

Jerry,

Do you have Orbx Germany South installed? Or a 3rd party EDDF addon?

@lonewulf47

Oskar, are you able to easily disable your Aerosoft EDDF, rebuild the DB and see what it looks like with just stock scenery? Even using FSX as the DB source, I don't see the 07R ILS approaches.

Randy