Jump to content
cubpilot

Tw0 Problems With Flight Plan

Recommended Posts

I have checked and rechecked the manual but still cannot find what I am doing wrong.

First, when I load the Client it opens to my last flight: chart, path, plane's last position, etc.. so I delete this flight plan.

Then starting a new flight plan No company routes shown (grayed out).... and the Copy/Paste text box always has PPOS (present position) waiting for another entry.

Deleting PPOS and Company Routes still not available.  Double-checked and 7-8 routes are in the proper folder.

I suppose most of this problem is because Client will not open with out a plan.

This is a superb program. Before this problem I did a full ifr flight with SID/STAR, ILS in nasty Wx and it was really nice.

Please get me on the right track

Regards

Neal Howard

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cubpilot said:

No company routes shown (grayed out).... and the Copy/Paste text box always has PPOS (present position) waiting for another entry.

Deleting PPOS and Company Routes still not available.  Double-checked and 7-8 routes are in the proper folder.

I suppose most of this problem is because Client will not open with out a plan.

EFB is saving the last position of the aircraft when you exit EFB. If the aircraft is airborne, the Company Routes tab as well as the Internet tab is greyed out per design. The term PPOS means 'Present position' which is always preset when the aircraft is airborne.

Best practice is to always land your aircraft before you exit EFB. If you land your aircraft, the flight plan will be automatically removed upon touch down plus some seconds.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having a similar issue, and I understand "best practice", but today I setup a flight, KSEA to KBOS and got busy, then distracted and completely forgot to setup my Flight plan in EFB2 before departure. Now, 30 min into the flight I realized all this and want to get setup, but as far as I can tell can't because the option to load my company route is greyed out. 

 

What do I need to do in these circumstances to get my FP setup in the EFB, quiting the flight and starting over is not a realistic option, I don't have time for that, but I still want to have my EFB functioning properly.

 

THX

 

Sasha Beer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sasha,

you might have realized that on the "create flight plan" dialog are THREE tabs. Only two of them are greyed out while the aircraft is in flight. Just use the "Copy/Paste" tab to enter your flight plan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2018 at 1:58 AM, aivlasoft said:

EFB is saving the last position of the aircraft when you exit EFB. If the aircraft is airborne, the Company Routes tab as well as the Internet tab is greyed out per design. The term PPOS means 'Present position' which is always preset when the aircraft is airborne.

Best practice is to always land your aircraft before you exit EFB. If you land your aircraft, the flight plan will be automatically removed upon touch down plus some seconds.

 

Hi. First of all - I wanted to say I am really enjoying EFB v2 after recently upgrading from v1. It's a wonderful product. :)
On the above point - I completely understand that it is best practice to land your aircraft before exiting EFB, but that's not always practical. I tend to fly on Vatsim and choose the airports based on available ATC. Very often, the destination airport is unstaffed by the time I'm en route. In addition, I often don't have a lot of time for flights, so often have to save them after takeoff to resume some time later. This means I save a lot of flights; and resume a lot of saved flights (in a different order based on ATC etc). Whereas the process for resuming flights in EFB v1 was relatively easy - you just import the flight plan file; this option is not available in v2. As you say, you have to copy and paste the flight plan and add the departure and arrival airports. I appreciate it's not hugely demanding, but it is more fiddly and time consuming than v1. If there was an option to use the Company Routes at any stage of flight, this would be hugely helpful. Maybe something that could be considered for the future? ;)
Thank you.

Adam Joyce

P3Dv4

EFBv2 running in networked configuration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's a little much, but my workaround for now is that I created a folder and called it "FPL":   C:\Users\username\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\FPL

 

Every time I create a new FP, I copy the data, create a file in the FPL folder and save it.

 

By chance if I need to change the FP in EFB, I clear it, copy and paste my saved FP and I'm good to go ✈️ing.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/22/2018 at 9:00 AM, aivlasoft said:

Sasha,

you might have realized that on the "create flight plan" dialog are THREE tabs. Only two of them are greyed out while the aircraft is in flight. Just use the "Copy/Paste" tab to enter your flight plan.

I think most folks would like the option to just go ahead and set up a new flight plan regardless of their progress in their current flight. I am in a similar bind. I have all the tools to create flight plans but it seems confining to have to land to clear a flight plan. My advice is to open up the flight plan option to be able to quit at any point, stick in a new fp and then input that into the software. It is a great program and I love the evolution from v1, but I am not loving this restriction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pappinr said:

I think most folks would like the option to just go ahead and set up a new flight plan regardless of their progress in their current flight. I am in a similar bind. I have all the tools to create flight plans but it seems confining to have to land to clear a flight plan. My advice is to open up the flight plan option to be able to quit at any point, stick in a new fp and then input that into the software. It is a great program and I love the evolution from v1, but I am not loving this restriction.

Well, this might be a little misunerstanding. If on a current FlightPlan, you dont need to land to be able to clear the FlightPlan. Just switch to HDG Hold (in case you are on Autopilot), clear the Flightplan (use the Clear FPL Button in the FPL Window) and enter a new FlightpPlan String into the "Copy/Paste" window. You can even enter a complete string in the form of e.g. "LSZR ALAGO Z1 ETAGO HAREM UN851 KEMAD UP605 NOLGO EDDH". It then creates the new FlightPan. The only thing you need to do ist to enter a DCT TO to a resonable point in the new FlightPlan and switch the Autopilot back to NAV mode. Maybe this will ease things a bit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...