Database Error

Juergen2

1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

I had to reload my OS and therefor also EFB2. I now have a problem connecting to the Client and searched my previous post. I checked the "serverSettings.txt" and CAN NOT find an entry for TcpIp Address in the network section. What I can see is a "TcpPortNumber = 51748" entry. This port number entry is also shown in the Server>Settings>System tab as "TCP Network - Port Number - 51748".

As per previous post should be "ANY"?

Thanks for help

Hi Jürgen,

we removed the "any" line as it just caused too much trouble if people decided to put in changes without knowing what they were doing. Just leave this Port Number as it is and don't change it without any good reason. You will see the same Port Number in the client's settings. They must be equal and of course they are equal by default.

If you want to connect the Client from a remote computer you need to know the IP number of the Server computer's and enter it in the corresponding input field at the first start of the Client. Alternatively you can also enter the Server Computer's Name. You don't need to input the Server Computer's IP address anywhere in the Server setup. You only need the Server Computer's IP address to connect a remote Client

Hi Lonewulf,

You are correct, the same port number appears in the Client & Server. However, the IP address of the Server appears on the Client, but it does not connect to the server.

My system: 2(two) SSD's with WIN10 loaded on each. One SSD runs FSX-SE the other SSD runs P3Dv4 and both use the same Server-PC . The FSX-SE setup runs fine, but when I boot to the P3D drive, the Client does not connect to the Server.

What steps can I take to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks for help

18 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Lonewulf,

You are correct, the same port number appears in the Client & Server. However, the IP address of the Server appears on the Client, but it does not connect to the server.

My system: 2(two) SSD's with WIN10 loaded on each. One SSD runs FSX-SE the other SSD runs P3Dv4 and both use the same Server-PC . The FSX-SE setup runs fine, but when I boot to the P3D drive, the Client does not connect to the Server.

What steps can I take to troubleshoot the problem?

Thanks for help

Hi Jürgen,

I remember your quasi-dual boot system as explained earlier in this thread. Did you check whether both partitions provide the same IP address? To me it seems that booting with the FSX-SE drive does not use/provide the same IP address as booting with the P3D drive. Can you check those two IP addresses whether they really are equal?

Hi Oskar,

I can't get at the system right now. But if it is a different IP address, can I use the computer-name instead of IP address?

Thanks

Actually yes, however be aware that as from Win10 Build #1803 onwards there were problems reported with the propagation of the names. But anyway you can of course try with the computer name.

Hi,

I just tried to set the Server's PC name instead of IP address, but miss-typed the name. Now I can't get the Client to open any longer; I just get an error: Could not resolve IP address for computer . Please make sure....."

I need to correct the spelling of the Server PC to check the connection?

"Help", thanks

13 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

I just tried to set the Server's PC name instead of IP address, but miss-typed the name. Now I can't get the Client to open any longer; I just get an error: Could not resolve IP address for computer . Please make sure....."

I need to correct the spelling of the Server PC to check the connection?

"Help", thanks

Hi Jürgen,

Please Start the CLIENT and open the Main System Window. From there open the "Server Location" Button ahd re-enter the server's name or IP address.

Oskar,

the Client does NOT start up. All I get is the error and if I click ok, the error window closes, but the Client does NOT start!!!! So I can’t open the main system window. 

Thanks

Ohh, I see. Sorry, I misread your message. I'm afraid you have to do a manual correction in the Client's Settings file.

Open the "ClientSettings.txt" file with any text editor (found at C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\Settings) and look for the following entry:

[Network]
IpEndPointType = 0
ServerComputerName = XXXXXXXXXXX
TcpPortNumber = 51748

Whatever is shown at "ServerComputerName = XXXXXXXXXXX", delete everything right of the "=" sign

Do not change anything else and save the file. Restart the Client. It should come up with the initial input field for the Server Location.

Oskar,

That worked. I entered the correctly spelled PC name and it connected right away.

I just need to figure out something for the other drive,  since the PC name is not the same. If necessary, I might have to install another Client (different  folder) and call it EFB P3D and EFB FSX.

Thanks for help

38 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Oskar,

That worked. I entered the correctly spelled PC name and it connected right away.

I just need to figure out something for the other drive,  since the PC name is not the same. If necessary, I might have to install another Client (different  folder) and call it EFB P3D and EFB FSX.

Thanks for help

Why don't you give both drives the same computer name? Shouldn't be a problem as you boot them separately. Alternatively you still might check (and if necessary adjust) the IP address of both Boot Drives. Then enter the IP address for the Client instead of the Computer Name. Running two Clients on the same (remote) computer is not a good idea and may lead to problems.

Oskar,

I just changed the PC Name on my P3D drive to the same name as the FSX drive. Tested it and the Client connects just fine.

35 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Why don't you give both drives the same computer name? Shouldn't be a problem as you boot them separately. Alternatively you still might check (and if necessary adjust) the IP address of both Boot Drives. Then enter the IP address for the Client instead of the Computer Name. Running two Clients on the same (remote) computer is not a good idea and may lead to problems.

What do you mean by entering the IP address for the client (where?). I do enter the IP address (or PC name) for the SERVER on the CLIENT. The IP address for the FSX drive and the P3D drive are different. That would necessitate me entering a different IP address for each of the drives/systems.

Since the PC name seems to work, I will give this a shot first (no brainer).

Again, thanks for help

26 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Oskar,

I just changed the PC Name on my P3D drive to the same name as the FSX drive. Tested it and the Client connects just fine.

What do you mean by entering the IP address for the client (where?). I do enter the IP address (or PC name) for the SERVER on the CLIENT. The IP address for the FSX drive and the P3D drive are different. That would necessitate me entering a different IP address for each of the drives/systems.

Since the PC name seems to work, I will give this a shot first (no brainer).

Again, thanks for help

Ok, sorry a typo!1 Of course I meant the IP address of the Server's computer! IMHO this pseudo dual boot system can still have the same IP address for both boot partitions as well as it can have the same name. Changing the name might however be the simpler solution.

Oskar,

Had major crash on my P3D drive (corrupted files)and needed to install the OS, P3D and everything else again. So I assigned a static IP (same for all them) to all the windows drives and tried EFB2.

Connected successful to ALL the drives w/o a problem.

So I am good to go

again, thanks for your help

2 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Oskar,

Had major crash on my P3D drive (corrupted files)and needed to install the OS, P3D and everything else again. So I assigned a static IP (same for all them) to all the windows drives and tried EFB2.

Connected successful to ALL the drives w/o a problem.

So I am good to go

again, thanks for your help

Hi Jürgen,

sorry for the crash, but sometimes a vanilla installation can create miracles...? Great to hear that all is ok.

• 3 months later...

Hi, 
I don't know if this is the correct thread for my problem, so please correct me if I'm wrong.
First of all, I use Prepar3d v3.4 on a Windows 10 based Pc. I installed Client Build 2.0.78 and Server Build 2.0.61. I installed both programs
according to your manual. When I'm running the DbBuilder I always receive the same error message which you can see in my attachment. 
I need advise because I have no idea what to do.

Thanks for your help.

error.png

Server_201901032209.txt

Hi, please comply with the forum rules and sign your posts with your real first name. Thanks.

This morning you sent me an email to support@aivlasoft.com and I replied to you. Why do you post now herein instead of sending me the scenery.cfg as mentioned in my email?