Atc frequencies

klisura

8 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Bob,

what you have posted (left screenshot of version 2) is a bug which I have already fixed. EFB v2 obviously does not yet recognize the callsigns using an 'alias'. With next update (coming soon) this is fixed and you will see all stations around your aircraft, in ascending order to the their distance.

Thanks Urs. That will be better. 
I hope you and your team can discuss options for snapping that window into a ribbon bar or something similar. 
The flow from left-to-right across the top of the To/From airports and everything in between is amazingly intuitive and simple and a huge time saver during busy events. Piloting an airliner solo and being able to see the upcoming frequences - and click-and-tune quickly is a big deal.
EFB has made me an excellent online pilot and frankly I hardly used x-plane solely because I depend on EFB for so many small tasks.
The v2 server/database management is excellent. I wish the v1 client would connect to it so we don't lose future support.

• 2 weeks later...

I opened this thread then I went on holiday  and I didn't read the other reply.

I did it now and I'd like to know if in the meantime something has changed in the direction hoped by me, Bob, Ben and many online flyiers. My demo is expired and I'm still considering buying it.

Thank you for your attention 

Regards

Hi "klisura" (according to the forum rules, please sign your posts with your real first name)

In a few days an update will be released which brings some improvements. However, it will not be the "return of v1".

What has changed, what has been improved (see also screenshots below):

1) World map

1.1) Added 'boundary crossing labels'. Whenever your route is crossing a boundary of an active FIR, you will see a label which indicates the callsign of the related ATC service. This is very helpful, if you have a detailed zoom level selected and you currently don't see the 'overall picture'.

1.2) Ground related services (ATIS, Delivery, Ground) will be indicated with one letter (A, D, G).

1.3) Tower and Approach will be indicated with a filled circle and the corresponding label on the top of the circle.

Points 1.2 and 1.3 will help to get an overview about the current activities on the network.

2) Radio panel

2.1) The radio panel lists all relevant and currently active services in the following order:

1 Route - Airport Origin (all services at the origin airport)
2 Route - All services of any FIR along your route
3 Route - Airport Destination (all services at the destination airport)
4 Airports - Airport related services (TWR and APP), where your aircraft is within a certain distance (TWR=50NM, APP=150NM)
5 FIRs  - FIRs where your aircraft is within their 'visual range'
6 Unicom - always added as last item in list, if not yet listed before

If no route is activated, the radio panel lists the items 4, 5 and 6 in ascending order to their distance. For the distance calculations the following positions are taken: Airports = ARP; FIRs = position of the so called 'visibility center'. 

NOTE: EFB cannot determine whether one of the services listed in the radio panel is actually within a distance where the service can be received.

2.2) The current FIR (where the aircraft is inside) will be highlighted with a white background (color can be changed).
If the aircraft is not in any of the active FIRs, the UNICOM frequency is highlighted instead.

3) Data files

With this update the most recent data files (boundaries and definitions) for VATSIM and IVAO will be provided.

VatsimWithRoute.png

VatsimWithoutRoute.png