Request for improvement: procedures in sidebar

Calvin213

Hi!

The sidebar represents the current selection auf departure and arrival routes in the procedure window. This may differ from the the active flight plan. 

Example:

1. Select a departure route and set it to the flight plan

2. Press "Clear" (or select a different route)

3. The sidebar now displays no route (or a different route), though a departure route is set in the flight plan and shown in the map

I think it would be more reasonable to show the flight plan's departure and arrival routes in the side bar.

regards,

Oliver

Hi Oliver,

you have to distinguish between a 'procedure' and the 'waypoints in a route which derive from a procedure'.

When you press "Set FPL" on the procedures selection dialog, all the waypoints which belong to a certain procedure, are copied into the route while the procedure itself remains depicted on the map. If you press "Clear" on the procedures dialog, then you obviously don't want to use this procedure anymore and therefore the indication on the sidebar disappears too. However the waypoints which have been inserted will remain in the route. This is by design and allows you to remove certain waypoints from the route by not changing the original procedure.

Hi Urs,

I fully understand that this is not a bug. Anyway, I would prefer the sidebar to be consistent with the flight plan. Probably I’m the only one ;)

Alternatively, a button “reset” or “cancel” in the departure/arrival window to re-select the active routes from the flight plan would be nice.

regards,

Oliver