Cannot use trial

bruceb

After many repeated attempts to use the trial I give up as I keep getting the cannot connect to an internet time server error.  I do have the file AivlaSoft_Efb_V2_0.dlsc in my users.../documents/EFB2/Server/License folder so I gather this is a time out issue and the fix is to keep trying.  Further when I check time date in windows control panel I am connected to an internet time server - time.nist.gov. So for how long do you have to keep trying?  Five minutes, ten minutes, half an hour.  Makes it all a bit impractical to use the trial.  Also, is the clock keep ticking for the trial while I try to get this fixed?  Thank you.

Bruceb

Thanks - yes a very sloppy system indeed. So sloppy I have yet to get it started.  But I am puzzled, over the years there have been many other developers who have offered time limited trials but none that I have used have had this issue.  Also if my Windows 7 install can connect to time.nist.gov why can't EFB?

Bruceb

17 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Yes I know read all that before posting!  Comments in my second post still remain.  As things are now the trial is useless.  Grateful that you are providing the trial but if you are going to the effort to do this prospective customers need to be able to access it, otherwise what is the point?  Am I missing something here is there some other reason why I can't run the trial?  Thanks

Bruceb

Why then is "latency etc" not an issue for my Win 7" - it has no trouble connecting to an internet time server?  Also why not just have a limited number of uses trial - 5, 10, 20 whatever instead of limited time?  Now after many repeated attempts I can get this to run sometimes but it is still a PITA. However I now have a new problem. When running the DbBuilder I get the following warnings and errors and the client gets stuck loading airports

2018-08-08 13:37:10.762   Error   : P48, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-08-08 13:37:10.765   Warning : P48, C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\fsad_comms.BGL
2018-08-08 13:37:10.768   Warning : P48 will not be available in EFB database
2018-08-08 13:37:12.989   Error   : F23, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-08-08 13:37:12.993   Warning : F23, C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\fsad_comms.BGL
2018-08-08 13:37:12.995   Warning : F23 will not be available in EFB database
2018-08-08 13:37:15.565   Error   : 37XA, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-08-08 13:37:15.568   Warning : 37XA, C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\fsad_comms.BGL
2018-08-08 13:37:15.571   Warning : 37XA will not be available in EFB database
2018-08-08 13:37:33.832   Error   : DAOF, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-08-08 13:37:33.835   Warning : DAOF, C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\fsad_comms.BGL
2018-08-08 13:37:33.838   Warning : DAOF, C:\Users\Bruce\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC\scenery\DAOF.BGL
2018-08-08 13:37:33.841   Warning : DAOF will not be available in EFB database

Does EFB v2 have a problem with fsAerodata?  What is the fix for this? Thanks.

Bruceb

Just to add to this I have disabled the files related to errors in the log - had to repeat this a number of times as each time the DbBuilder would find new errors - until the DbBuilder finished with no errors.  However this hasn't helped as on running the client I get that very annoying alarm and the database loading process stalls at airports. Glad I haven't (yet) paid good money for this thing.  Not looking real flash for a prospective purchaser.  Meanwhile the trial clock keeps ticking but I can't run the trial.

Bruceb

Have to agree here - I have no confidence that this will not manifest itself as other problems if I were to pay £45 for the full product.

Unfortunately, if you are going to provide a demo, ensure it works properly.

For that reason, " I'm out " - which is a shame, as it looks quite good.

Stick with LittleNavMap - its free.

1 hour ago, Gabe777 said:

Have to agree here - I have no confidence that this will not manifest itself as other problems if I were to pay £45 for the full product.

World of difference between Little Nav map and EFB. Like a bicycle and a Ferrari. 

Not really.

It does nearly everything EFB does. It has come on a long way recently, and combined with the moving map function of Navigraph Charts, I don't think there is any information missing !

I find EFB easier to use though... to be fair. 

To be honest, I just want to be sure that if I pay for it, there won't be any network nonsense.

The demo only worked for 2 days... now it just will not call home to check the license... so ironically, there may well be functionality I am not aware of !!!

6 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

Thank you for the hint. We would never have guessed that this is necessary...? We learn something new every day! But just as a hint from my side: there is no demo, there is only a full version, and this works in quite a considerable number of installations...

I had similar issues but I have persevered.

Make sure you are starting in Administrator mode (sure you are but just in case).

My trial expires in a couple of days and I intend to purchase.

I too have the freeware software you are suggesting as an alternative and find EFB grows on you.

the 'time server' issues are not issues with the full license but I can understand you wanting to have a good look. I did for sure.

Just a slight mea culpa here. The reason the trial client would not run in my case even after fixing all errors in the DbBuilder was due to insufficient disc space on my system drive due to the fact that Windows Update Cleanup has left 9 gig of stuff that I can't seem to remove using Disk Cleanup or Ccleaner.  I have managed to delete some other files to leave a gig or so of space and this has been enough to run the EFBv2 trial.  Now running side by side comparisons between v1 and v2 and the jury is still out.  First impression is that even if I got EFBv2 I would still need EFBv1 and once again like to know if EFBv2 has issues with fsAerodata as most of the errors I had running DbBuilder relate to fsAerdata.  Thank you.

Bruceb

7 hours ago, bruceb said:

Just a slight mea culpa here. The reason the trial client would not run in my case even after fixing all errors in the DbBuilder was due to insufficient disc space on my system drive due to the fact that Windows Update Cleanup has left 9 gig of stuff that I can't seem to remove using Disk Cleanup or Ccleaner.  I have managed to delete some other files to leave a gig or so of space and this has been enough to run the EFBv2 trial.  Now running side by side comparisons between v1 and v2 and the jury is still out.  First impression is that even if I got EFBv2 I would still need EFBv1 and once again like to know if EFBv2 has issues with fsAerodata as most of the errors I had running DbBuilder relate to fsAerdata.  Thank you.

Bruceb

One Gig of space on your drive, I am really surprised that anything runs. 

I will take these last posts as a "yes" as I use 1712 for fsAerodata but will be updating all my stuff to 1809 when it becomes available.  I didn't do a search as disabling the relevant files removed all the errors but I now see that there is an extensive history re FsAerdata on this forum.

Bruceb

On 8/8/2018 at 5:38 PM, Gabe777 said:

wow yes the threads are crawling with failed non demo installations. How strange ..please tell me you realize the full version doesn't require logging onto a time stamp web sight  right? right??

2 hours ago, zoran said:

wow yes the threads are crawling with failed non demo installations. How strange ..please tell me you realize the full version doesn't require logging onto a time stamp web sight  right? right??

I think the complaints about the demo are by a few compared to all the people that tried the demo. I had an issue with the demo where I had to log on a few times, and then it worked. Did that over 2 days, saw that it was a great program and purchased. Didn't take me 100 hours to figure out if it was good or not if you catch my drift. Once I purchased it, never had any problem after that which has been reported by everyone that did what I did. .