Sorry, But Problems Keep Coming

cubpilot

I should have tried the free 30 days after all.  After finally getting it to at least START a flight I thought it would be great. 

EFB 2 WILL start a flight plan but here is what happens half the time:

Plane at Friday Harbor (KHFR)v but EFB map says I am at Burden Field (6IWA) at town of Friday Harbor. There is no database entry for KHFR...BUT my plane is there right where I usually park.

Flight plan from Monterey (KMRY)...not in DB so no plan

From Juneau ((PAJN)   not in DB

etc

etc.

In every case the plane IS exactly where it should be.

I reran the database builder, update simulator, update Navdata

Latest Navigraph  1808 R1 in both P3D v3 and v4

This is about the fifth day that I have wasted all my flight time troubleshooting.

At this point I am giving up on EFB v2 and will return to  original EFB.

Maybe when an update comes along I can try it again.

An expensive lesson but my own fault. Free trial still had a couple of weeks.

NOTE: I tried ALL these plans with EFB v1 and each worked perfectly

19 minutes ago, cubpilot said:

I should have tried the free 30 days after all.  After finally getting it to at least START a flight I thought it would be great. 

EFB 2 WILL start a flight plan but here is what happens half the time:

Plane at Friday Harbor (KHFR)v but EFB map says I am at Burden Field (6IWA) at town of Friday Harbor. There is no database entry for KHFR...BUT my plane is there right where I usually park.

Flight plan from Monterey (KMRY)...not in DB so no plan

From Juneau ((PAJN)   not in DB

etc

etc.

In every case the plane IS exactly where it should be.

I reran the database builder, update simulator, update Navdata

Latest Navigraph  1808 R1 in both P3D v3 and v4

This is about the fifth day that I have wasted all my flight time troubleshooting.

At this point I am giving up on EFB v2 and will return to  original EFB.

Maybe when an update comes along I can try it again.

An expensive lesson but my own fault. Free trial still had a couple of weeks.

NOTE: I tried ALL these plans with EFB v1 and each worked perfectly

Neal,

first of all let me say that KHFR does not exist on my EFB v2 either because the ICAO code for Friday Harbor is KFHR ?, but that's just a sidenote. Of course all those airports are there. If they are in your simulator, they they will be in your EFB v2. There is still a problem with your database not being set up correctly. It is indeed very difficult to find out what is going on in your EFB v2 installation, but just be sure as long as the airports are in your simulator they will be in your EFB v2 database, IF the latter is set up correctly.

Frankly, it sounds a bit strange to claim EFB v2 for not working correctly if a very large number of other EFB v2 installations do so.

So, as a first step please delete your current EFB v2 database. To do so, start the DatabaseBuilder, select the database and press "Delete". then close Server and Client. I take it that in the meantime you have updated your Server and Client to the newest builds (Server #57, Client #74). I would recommend to reboot your computer bevore yout start anything new, however it is not a requirement.

Now start the Server and follwow the steps for a new basic database creation. After completion please make a set of Suppport Files and send it to support@aivlasoft.com or publish it here. We need to know what is going on when you do a complete build of a new database. Something is definitely going wrong, but I can't say that just by the snip of my fingers...?

24 minutes ago, bobsk8 said:

Where the heck is KHFR??? Skyvector doesn't have it, and either does P3D.   

KFHR  typo sorry I DID use the correct ICAO in both versions of EFB. Correct  ICAO used for others mentioned above as well. 

18 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Frankly, it sounds a bit strange to claim EFB v2 for not working correctly if a very large number of other EFB v2 installations do so.

I agree and I just logged on to request that my post be removed. Obviously the various problems are at this end. I have no intention of flaming a good product with super support. Unfortunately I have only a limited amount of "Sim time" and too much has been lost of late.

A week or two without problems and I will be ready to try again.

Regards to you all

Hi,

P3DV4.3 (FSX maybe ?) do not check if the airplane is correct for this airport but EFBv2 do it.

Example:

Airplane: PMDG 747

Airport: KTNP

P3DV4.3: KTNP

EFBv2: KTRM is the nearest airport for the 747

Airplane: Mooney Acclain

Airport: KTNP

P3DV4.3: KTNP

EFBv2: KTNP

Neither P3D nor FSX do such a check. You can also put your Jumbo to a 600m grass runway. Doesn't make much sense, does it?

According your examples, EFB works exactly the way it should and prevents you to select an unsuitable airport. The limiting factors have already been described. You may at any time deactivate the PRFL filter (Manual 5 Client, 5.1.3) to suppress this protection. If I do so, I can file a flight plan with a B747 departing in KTNP without any problem.