FSX-SE and P3D

Juergen2

Hi,

I have recently installed a 2nd SSD and use it in a dual boot configuration.

I have EFB v2 running in FSX-SE (on SSD # 1 w. WIN10) in a Server/Client arrangement.

I would like now to do the same in P3D (on SSD # 2 w. WIN10) Server/Client arrangement.

Since the client is already installed on another PC, I don't know how to proceed. I hope I have made myself understandable what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks for help

Juergen Mader

3 hours ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi,

I have recently installed a 2nd SSD and use it in a dual boot configuration.

I have EFB v2 running in FSX-SE (on SSD # 1 w. WIN10) in a Server/Client arrangement.

I would like now to do the same in P3D (on SSD # 2 w. WIN10) Server/Client arrangement.

Since the client is already installed on another PC, I don't know how to proceed. I hope I have made myself understandable what I am trying to achieve.

Thanks for help

Juergen Mader

Hmm, a dual boot configuration with twice the same OS? So you will be running either FSX:SE under Win10 in one boot configuration and P3D under Win10 in another? This makes not too much sense to me. Even more so that you will probably require two licenses because you need two different Server installs. Not sure whether this will run on one common license. The Client however is of no problem. It can be installed as many times as you like as long as you can get it connected to the respective Server.

Hi lonewulf47,

my reasons for the dual boot: Eventually I have to re-install FSX-SE and basically clean it up properly. While I am doing that, I can still fly with P3D and I am familiar with WIN10. Yes, I needed an additional license.

So you see no problem with installing the Server (Database) on my 2nd SSD and run the Client (display) on a different PC. Logic says there should be no problem since it is running on a different SSD with the same OS.

Thanks