Socket -error trying to create TCP listener

Andre

hello

i can no longer start my server

it has been working great for a few weeks the one night i closed down my PC with no issues then

next day i tried starting my aivlasoft server and for no apparent reason it comes up with the message

SOCKET ERROR trying to create TCP listener.

When i dismiss this message it then closes down the whole server software thus making your software totally unusable.

I have tried rebooting my PC and also tried reinstalling the server but to no avail.

Please can you address this issue as a matter of concern as per the forum discussion it seems

I am not the only one facing this problem.

kind regards

Andre

Client_201808031847.txt.zip

Server_201808031913.txt.zip

Hi Andre,

thank you for the logfiles. I have analyzed them and came to the following findings:

- the error message reads: "Socket-Error while trying to create TCP listener: The requested address is not valid in its context". This is not the same error that you refer to, also in your original post. That error was regarding the same socket address, which is definitely not the same.

- in the Server's settings, the IP address of the TCP listener was manually set to the same IP address as the Server computer's address itself. I don't know why you have changed this address, but this is the cause why the above mentioned error is raised and this is also the cause why the connection to the Client cannot be established. After an installation of EFB this IP address is set to "0.0.0.0" which means "any". In the manual "3 EN Server.pdf", page 14, it is clearly stated: Here also you would not need to make any changes in most of all cases. the IP address setting "any" means that the Server is listening to all connection requests within its own, logical Area Network.

To solve the issue you have to set the IP address in the Server's settings back to '0.0.0.0'. After next restart of the Server it will read 'any' on the dialog.

IpAny.png

Thank you I gave it a try and it worked. 

I changed my client IP remote address to my server computers name

And set the server IP setting to ANY as you suggested and now works great. 

Just strange how for weeks setting it up manually with my IP addresses work fine. 

Then one day stopped working. 

But thank you very much for your quick response and help and sorry for my short attitude I've had a very bad couple of weeks. 

Kind regards 

Andre

Mr. [noname] ? (see forum rules #2)

Please create a set of Support Files. It would also be helpful if we knew the setup of your computer, i.e. whether the Server and Client is installed on the same machine or as a remote server. All this information would save your (and our) precious time if all pertinent information could be given at first instance ? instead of retrieving each piece of information separately. Trobleshooting can only start in an efficient way if we have all information right from the beginning. Otherwise it may become an endless game of Q & A....?