I am STILL confused about Flight planning

cubpilot

:( I am STILL unable to get a proper flight plan. Maybe my tired old brain is wearing out. All I want is a plan from A to B with waypoints/SID/STAR which I select. However, almost any departure or destination selection I get the following : step 1 efb2.pdf

What filter criteria is this ? No matter which plane selected the routing is "invalid"

So far plans attempted to or from KCLT, KGSO, KSEA, etc are all "invalid.

Plans have been attempted with P3D v4 not loaded and also loaded with plane waiting.

Help requested Please'

Neal H

My old daddy once said: "Just wait...someday you will be as dumb as you think I am"

Hi Neal,

the filter criteria define e.g. minimum runway length for your currently selected

aircraft. Let's assume you are flying an A320 and the runway length of your destination

airport is 1000m, then you get the above message.  This is just an example, KSAN has long

enough runways. To check which filters are set for your aircraft just go on the client in "Profiles Editor".

If you fly an airliner just try KLAS LVELL KSAN, that might work. Departure procedure could be BOACH8,

arrival procedure LUCKI1.

Peter

2 hours ago, cubpilot said:

:( I am STILL unable to get a proper flight plan. Maybe my tired old brain is wearing out. All I want is a plan from A to B with waypoints/SID/STAR which I select. However, almost any departure or destination selection I get the following : step 1 efb2.pdf

What filter criteria is this ? No matter which plane selected the routing is "invalid"

So far plans attempted to or from KCLT, KGSO, KSEA, etc are all "invalid.

Plans have been attempted with P3D v4 not loaded and also loaded with plane waiting.

Help requested Please'

Neal H

My old daddy once said: "Just wait...someday you will be as dumb as you think I am"

Sounds very strange to me.I have quickly loaded the B777 at KLAS and made a simple setup KLAS-KSAN. No error displayed.

KLAS-KSAN.thumb.png.5b780a67cb3b7c2d268cd9032508c8c8.png

1 hour ago, lonewulf47 said:

Sounds very strange to me.I have quickly loaded the B777 at KLAS and made a simple setup KLAS-KSAN. No error displayed

I have no problems with either of those either.  Try KCLT, KGSO, KPHX, KABQ.  All have nice long, wide runways. Aircraft selected Cessna Skylane, Cessna 310, Pilatus PC 12, A2A J-3...all get the same message.

Frankly, any pilot who does not know whether his plane can fly into or out of an airport probably is too stupid    to understand the "invalid" message.

I was an active pilot (military and private) for 30 years and  luckily never met one.

Also noted that the UNITS selected: Feet, pounds,  degrees, etc. are not locked. Still metrics.

Sorry to be a bother but I am not giving up...yet

1 hour ago, cubpilot said:

Try KCLT, KGSO, KPHX, KABQ

Same result: No problems, as you can see in the screenshot

KCLT-KGSO.thumb.png.09b1905042dcd9540ebc82c72d65a413.png

Also noted that the UNITS selected: Feet, pounds,  degrees, etc. are not locked. Still metrics.

I cannot confirm this either. After restarting the Client the newly selected units remain displayed. You might however have noticed that the units are only applicable to certain items like Weather, Aircraft etc. and after selecting a new unit you need to give EFB v2 the chance to save your new  selection by pressingthe "Apply" button.

units.png.1311ab44c568404ab2e0581737772d38.png

Neal,

To shorten this a bit, please do the following:

- start EFB v2 Server and Client

- start Prepar3D v4 (I think that's the one you have in use) with the A/C of your choice at the Departure Airport for your desired routing

This should result in:

Your desired A/C positioned on your desired Departure Airport, with the profile selected for the A/C in use (unless you have selected an A/C that has no profile in the default collection of EFB v2, then the Default Profile would be selected)

Now CREATE a routing from THAT airport to any destination of your liking and report, if possible with a screenshot.

There is nothing pointing to corrupt files. There is somehow an issue with your settings. A new installation not necessarily will solve this.

I'm missing the status bar of EFB on the right where the active aircraft profile is displayed. Please also go into the profiles editor and show us the filter page of the aircraft you are using.

If you change the airport in EFB manually, do you have the AUTO function on? Is the destination airport shown in the list?

1 hour ago, cubpilot said:

This seems to work for everyone else so perhaps a corrupt file?

Try a reinstall?

Neal H

Neal, no reinstall necessary. Are you familiar with creating Support Files? If not, please read here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3046-how-to-create-a-support-file/

If you don't want to post the files here, please send it to support@aivlasoft.com

Urs will take care of the problem. I'm sure we will find the culprit ?