WCA Depiction

Chappie

Not sure if this is displayed correctly or not, but on the Client in the sidebar the Wind Correction Angle (WCA) I think is displayed as the green line and the true heading as the purple line. But if you look at the WCA number it says one direction and the green arrow is showing the opposite direction. Given the actual known wind direction, I believe the WCA number is correct because it reflects a corrected heading INTO the wind and if the green arrow is supposed to reflect a wind corrected heading it is showing it opposite.

30 minutes ago, Chappie said:

Not sure if this is displayed correctly or not, but on the Client in the sidebar the Wind Correction Angle (WCA) I think is displayed as the green line and the true heading as the purple line. But if you look at the WCA number it says one direction and the green arrow is showing the opposite direction. Given the actual known wind direction, I believe the WCA number is correct because it reflects a corrected heading INTO the wind and if the green arrow is supposed to reflect a wind corrected heading it is showing it opposite.

No sure whatyou mean. This is the depiction of wind and WCA:

WCY.png.b2f52bc1ec8a1aa47de278caadce9187.png

Magenta line ist the A/C Heading (297°), Green line is the Ground Track (308°). Difference is WCA, in this example 011° to the left.

7 minutes ago, Chappie said:

I guess that answers my core question, what does the green line represent? If you are saying the Green line is the desired ground track then it is displayed correctly. I was not exactly sure what the green line depicted.

Just to be accurate: the green line is the ACTUAL Ground Track. The two arrows on the A/C -Ambient WCA depiction are actually the same as on the World Map, if you have CMPS and VCT activated.