Aircraft Profile

Juergen2

HI,

I wanted to fly from WMKK(Kuala Lumpur) to VTBS(Bangkok), with a flight plan from Sim Brief. When I tried to select the flight plan from the company routes it is grayed out. If I than highlight it it comes up with a warning: Invalid routing. Please see the validation summary and update the route.

The validation summary says: Destination airport VTBS is not available due to filter criteria  of the currently selected aircraft profile.

The current selected aircraft is a B747-400 (FSX-SE PMDG B747-400).

For the life of me I can't see anything wrong in the aircraft profile filter.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/98E2hu

Any suggestions I would appreciate

Thanks

Juergen Mader

3 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

VTBS does not exist

That is a very clear indication, isn't it? Obviously, you do not have VTBS in your sim.

15 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Destination airport VTBS is not available due to filter criteria  of the currently selected aircraft profile.

This is due to defined runway length, width and surface. Because VTBS is not in your sim, there is no runway, hence EFB tells you that you won't make it. PMDG won't tell you that and guide you anywhere where data is defined for an airport, even if it doesn't exists (scenery-wise) in your sim.

12 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

But how do you get that from the warning in EFB v2?

EFB2 checks against the filter properties of the aircraft profile you use. Obvisouly, EFB hasn't recognized - for whatever reason - your VTBS scenery. Therefore, it cannot find a runway of 2200 meters or more for this airport. So, the filter criteria are not fullfilled. And this is exactly what EFB tells you.

Don't know why EFB doesn't recognize your VTBS. Do you use an add-on scenery?

2 minutes ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Lonewulf47,

very first post: FSX-SE

Juergen

Ah ok, I have overlooked that within the whole description. Are you sure that VTBS is available as default in FSX:SE? AFAIK it was not available in FSX and it is also not available in P3D v4. There is only VTBD Bagkok Intl available...

Hi Lonewulf,

I was mistaken in one of my posts in that I stated I positioned the aircraft at VTBS (should have been WMKK - Kuala Lumpur).

Also it is correct VTBS does NOT exist in FSX-SE (found that out this morning; flight from WMKK to VTBS)

So all is good (the error display in EFB v1 clearly stated that VTBS does not exist - a little easier for troubleshooting).

Again thanks for help

Juergen

1 hour ago, Juergen2 said:

Hi Lonewulf,

I was mistaken in one of my posts in that I stated I positioned the aircraft at VTBS (should have been WMKK - Kuala Lumpur).

Also it is correct VTBS does NOT exist in FSX-SE (found that out this morning; flight from WMKK to VTBS)

So all is good (the error display in EFB v1 clearly stated that VTBS does not exist - a little easier for troubleshooting).

Again thanks for help

Juergen

You're welcome ?!