Approach Plate, ACFT icon disappearing

JerryJet

Win10-64, P3Dv4.3, Avtive Sky for P3Dv4, FSUIPC 5.132

EFBv2 Client build 73, server build 56

Aerosoft CRJ700

Things are going fairly well with this new program, but occasionally the ACFT icon just disappears for no reason. Happens while climbing or descending mostly but could also happen in level flight. Moving map is continuing to update and move so I know EFB is still talking to P3D. Sometimes the icon will reappear after passing a waypoint only to disappear again. Happens in auto mode or manually zooming the display.

Same thing with the Approach Plate. I usually hide it until needed but the green Approach tab disappears. Like the ACFT icon it comes back when crossing a waypoint but disappears again.

One more on the Sidebar Status window. Occasionally it will show my Simulator as "Auto\Inhibit" in a grey font color. I guess that's coming from the FMS Legs page of the CRJ700.

Any help is welcome.

Hi Jerrry,

... Happens while climbing or descending mostly ...

just a guess, but most probably you have selected the ARC option but not CMPS and not RNG ... It's a very seldom combination of option buttons and only today we figured out this by coincidence. Is this what you experience?

5 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Jerrry,

just a guess, but most probably you have selected the ARC option but not CMPS and not RNG ... It's a very seldom combination of option buttons and only today we figured out this by coincidence. Is this what you experience?

That is exactly correct. CMPS, RNG and VCT were off, ACFT and ARC were on. Just got done with a flight and found that turning ARC on and off made the ACFT icon and Approach Plate disappear and appear. Almost like a toggle.

5 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

Can you provide a screenshot of this situation?

Can you also report what map options (buttons at the bottom) you have activated? Also here, a screenshot would be appreciated.

Have not noticed it happening again, but if it does I will try to grab some screenshots.

14 hours ago, JerryJet said:

One more on the Sidebar Status window. Occasionally it will show my Simulator as "Auto\Inhibit" in a grey font color. I guess that's coming from the FMS Legs page of the CRJ700.

I guess you mean the indication "AUTO ARPT INHIBIT" in the status window on the sidebar? That means the automatic selection of the nearest airport is inhibited for a time of 2 minutes after takeoff. Further details see the manual "5 EN Client.pdf", chapter 5.1 "Selecting an airport".