Client Start stopped by message...

Hi,

just installed client on a networked PC, where also the v1 client was installed before (deinstalled).

Installation without problems.

Tryind to start the client ends in a message starting with:

ComponentActivator:could not instatiate t.t.c.e.a ........................... Die Schriftart Arial Narrow unterstützt den Schnitt regular nicht  (und eine ganze Seite weiterer Text - habe auf diesem PC leider kein Paint um einen screen shot einzustellen, sehe auch kein log file unter client )

PC und Bildschirm behausten zuvor auch schon den v1 client problemlos.

Muss ich irgendwo die Schriftart ändern (wobei ich wissentlich nichts gegenüber der ursprünglichen Windows Installation geändert habe ?).

Was läuft da falsch ?

It´s Win 7 on this machine. Would not know that I ever changed anything there. It is an older i7-930 PC, serving as client for Years, so you never know.

But question (am not an expert in this respect) how could it be repaired ? Run the repair function, put the Win 7 disc inside ? Or better find the Font and install it manualy ?

The repair function as such might change something else ? Advice appriciated, thanks.

Stupig question just checked on my new Win 10 PC, there also the Arial Narrow Font is missing. Does that mean, if I would have installed the client there , would end in the same message ?

Is this font used in the client ? In this case others should have this problem ? Checked it on three different PCs meanwhile, Win 7 and 10, none has this font !? Can someone provide it - Windows has answered thexy will sent something by mail, do not how long this will take. 

Yes, there were a few other users facing the same problem.

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2894-could-not-instantiate-ppwmg/

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2986-client-start-problem/

https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3073-efb-20-fault-during-client-start-up/

Don't know how these users and you managed to get rid of this font. But if you have a standard windows installation, the font is there. I installed the client on 2 system with Win 10 and another system with Win 7 without any problem.

I did not chande anything, It s a brand new PC, windows 10 was installed. And because the only purpose of this pc is to serve as ProSim client, no other Windows Programms are installed.

And if I do understand the following explenation correctly, Arial narrow is not installed, unless you have one of the following programms installed also (?)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/typography/font-list/arial-narrow

means this will be a ever lasting problem, as long as people use their PCs like I do ?

Somebody in your Linked threads mentionad, that this was repaired after one of the last windows updates ? I have so far one installed, but no change. So again, since Microsoft has not answered so far, and the link out of the fonts file, where you can download single further fonts is not supprted anymore (at least from the lap top I am just wrinting on), would it be possible, to send this single font ? Do not know if there are license problems if it is done in public ? But there should be a way to Rome ?

Thanks *SAYYOURNAMENEXTTIME* for your further information. I did some digging again and found out that Microsoft obviously decided at a certain build of Win 10 to no longer include this font. This explains also why I never had problems with my Windows 10, which was also a clean installation, but from one of the first builds.

This means, people who use a more recent build of Windows 10 to do a clean installation will face the issue of missing the font "Arial Narrow". You may download the font from http://allfont.de/download/arial-narrow/.

Urs, maybe you can do a new FAQ article. Or any other solution that is suitable (include in installer - don't know about licencing, use fallback font - maybe result in undesired user experience).

13 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

Urs, maybe you can do a new FAQ article. Or any other solution that is suitable (include in installer - don't know about licencing, use fallback font - maybe result in undesired user experience)

Thanks Jonas for your investigation! I'm just removing all references to this font and will replace it with normal Arial. The narrow type was only used on the procedure panel for the missed approach icons because there is not much space. Maybe just a smaller font will do the same. Available with next update of the Client.