DB error

From the log file I can see the following error:

Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel.AUA OE-LXC'.

Seems to be an add-on.xml which is no longer in use.

Please make sure that this error does no longer occur and then I guess the database will be built.

Thanks Urs,

this addon is in use, in that case loading the AUA livery with the FSLabs A320 creates this Panel.

But I do not understand what this has to do with the scenery.cfg, scenery-add-ons.xml. There is nothing there

refering to FSLabs. I remember someone had the same problem with EFB1, but I did not find a solution.

I do not know what to do now.

Peter

Peter, there seems to be a file add-on.xml somewhere in a subfolder of C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons pointing to the folder C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel.AUA OE-LXC, which seems not to exist. So, search for add-on.xml within C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and check if any reference to the FSLabs A320 folder is given.

18 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

a file add-on.xml somewhere in a subfolder of C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

You need to check the subfolders! There are various of these add-on.xml files. Best use the search function within this folder.

But before, I suggest you open the database builder, delete any existing database and create a new one again from scratch. Just to rule out other sources of error.

Jonas, I do not think I can delete a database because I was never able

to create one; just tried to create one from scratch, same problems.

I looked through all the subfolders, nothing which I would see as faulty.

I am close to give up, unfortunatelly, having been a long time user.

Peter

Peter, can you please create support files according the FAQ and upload them here so I can get a little bit a more concrete picture about what is going on?

You have to check all the add-on.xml in the subfolders, because according to your first log, one of them is pointing to C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\SimObjects\Airplanes\FSLabs A320 CFM\Panel.AUA OE-LXC, which is obviously not a valid scenery folder.

Hi Peter,

Can you please have a look into the folder "C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs"

- Is this folder available?

- if it is available, is there a file named "add-on.xml"

- can you upload this file here

13 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

Why is the DB server even looking at this file?

Because it is indicated as "scenery"

Urs and Jonas,

thank you very much for your help. I finally was able to create the database. I took all "panel..." files out of

the FSLabs folder and here we go.

I installed on a networked environment and now have the problem that the client does not connect.

When I installed the client on the networked PC I was only asked for the PC name which hosts the server.

Is this correct?

Thanks again

Peter

Still doesn't explain where theses paths are from. Would be interesting for your further database updates.

You can use either PC name or IP. But as IPs are often assigned dynamically, the PC name is the better alternative. There are a few other topics in this forum about connectivity of client to server, maybe you can find a solution there.

Just now, Petermuc3 said:

For further updates I probably always have to remove these "panel.." files.

I wouldn't consider this a permanent solution.

How about my advice?

57 minutes ago, Mr. ATC said:

Can you upload the file C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FsDreamTeam LSGG\add-on.xml?

Is there an add-on.xml in the folder following the FSLabs folder (alphabetically)? If yes, can you upload this as well?

Hi Peter,

thanks for the add-on.xml files. Unfortunately there is nothing suspicious in these files.

I'm still thinking that one of the several add-on.xml files must have a faulty content.

Can you please try the following:

- do not remove the panel files, keep the installation as it was when your first time reported the issue

- navigate to the folder:  "C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons"

- create a zip file from the entire content of this path and all its subfolders

If we are lucky then the file size is not too big (hoping that only xml files are therein).

Can you send this file to 'support@aivlasoft.com'? Many thanks.

17 minutes ago, Petermuc3 said:

this folder is 2.8Gb

That's definitely toooo big ;-).

How about the FSLabs folder only? What size does it have?

I'm only interested in add-on.xml files, because I'm still thinking that there must be something wrong.

4 hours ago, Petermuc3 said:

There is no add-on.xml in that FSLabs folder, because I have installed the A320/319

on a different partition.

Peter

Sorry, to step in here: you are still talking of that folder: "C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs", right?

You stated that you have installed the FSLabs A320/319 on a different partition. So why is this folder still there? I doubt that this folder contains anything substancial for the FSL A320/319.

The FSL Installer, when intstallation is pointed to another than the default folder (as the abovementioned would be), does NOT put anything ino that folder, not even - like others do - a simple folder containing  the respective "add-on.XML". It makes a package entry into add-on.cfg. That's all it needs. The "add-on.xml" for the FSL A320/319 is in the main installation folder of FSL. That's where the package enty directs its information to.

So, as a conclusion, IMHO this mentioned folder contains residual information from a previous install and shouldn't be there anymore. You could do a check by temporarily drag this folder out of its place to the desktop (make sure you MOVE it rather than COPY it onto your desktop) and run the FSL Buses. My bet is that, if the install in the other partition is really valid, the Buses will run normally.

Bingo, thank you very much, Oskar, for digging into that. When I installed

the new A320/319 versions into a new place I forgot the

leftover folders completely. I took the FSLabs folder, loaded the A319 and all was well. Sorry guys for causing so much trouble.

Peter