Benefits of Running Client on Network?

Glenn H

Hi all,

Just got V2 and was wondering about the benefits of running the client on a networked laptop?

I already have a second display screen on my main PC and was just going to run the server and client on the main system. Is there a performance gain to be seen if the client runs on a second networked machine?

Thanks,

Glenn

5 minutes ago, Glenn H said:

Hi all,

Just got V2 and was wondering about the benefits of running the client on a networked laptop?

I already have a second display screen on my main PC and was just going to run the server and client on the main system. Is there a performance gain to be seen if the client runs on a second networked machine?

Thanks,

Glenn

I am not an expert in this, but I have a second monitor and run everything on one PC. The average load on the CPU is 1-2%, so frankly I think the benefit to using a second PC with a network  is next to nothing. 

Hi,

Thanks for the info. Just set it up on main pc using secondary monitor and it works well with only on average 0.8% CPU usage. Occasionally it jumps to 1.6% but seems insignificant. Also have set it to run on last two cores only so should be good.

Glenn