Venice - Tessera LIPZ

romair

Hello Experts

P3D V4.3 the new Scenery of Venice - Marco Polo made by RFSCENERYBUILDING received an updated ILS frequeny 109.95 (same in Jeppesen)

In the EFB there is still the older Frequency 110.30

Can you investigate pls.

Thanks and regards Roger

LIPZ.JPG

46 minutes ago, romair said:

Hello Experts

P3D V4.3 the new Scenery of Venice - Marco Polo made by RFSCENERYBUILDING received an updated ILS frequeny 109.95 (same in Jeppesen)

In the EFB there is still the older Frequency 110.30

Can you investigate pls.

Thanks and regards Roger

Hi Roger,

There is an update available From RFSB, including the new ILS frequency. New NAV frequencies can never be replaced by an external source. They must be incorportated in the respective BGL, as in any other cases you will not be able to tune it....? I haven't checked the update yet, but as per the changenotes the ILS should be updated to 109.95.

Hello Oski

You just confirmed to me what I wrote in my post.

I have  updated the LIPZ_ADEP4_ADE.bgl having incorporated the new frequency of 109.95 as announced in the Jeppesen.

I checked with ADE175. I made already 2 localizer APP with this new frequency. So far its working well.

My concern is that EFB still shows the old 110.30 for the 04R and there I asked Aivlasoft to give a comment.

Today morning Aivlasoft made a Server and Client update and I expected that there will be the new frequency.

regards Roger

Good morning Oski

Sorry, I did not made an DB update because I thought that this will be done automaticly after there was an online server update which I had just yesterday.

I made a DB update right now and of course your advise became correct and the LOC frequency is now 109.95. Many thanks.

I have to say many thanks to Urs - you and all experts who made this new EFB V2.0 which give us perfect dates for correct IFR flights  with all necessary information on the EFB main screen.

I like this kind of planning very much and your SID and STAR planning is excellent to handle.

In addition I have several questionaries:

1. Your DB reads all airport layouts.bgl from the older FSX-P3D system which is C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg

How is the DB update collecting airport layout.bgl if they are in other folder outside of the P3D V4 ? Example: F:\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

Can the DB update read such new installed sceneries (according to the new LM) not available within the scenery.cfg. I think not!

Do we need to install them according to the older scenery.cfg system ?  Would cause much more work. Its confusing in the scenery designer market.

Their installers goes on different places in and outside of the P3D and they uses their own folder. (Simmarket - AS etc)

2. Saving EFB made flightplans can be stored with .efbr for EFB and .pln for FSX/P3D into their standard flight plan folders.

How about other flightplan format such Majestic Dash8 which is .fpr or QW with their .rte and others aircraft addons which have their specific format and flightplan folders.

Have a look to the SIMBRIEF downloader where we can select most available flight format to be stored into the specific folders.

Is it in your pipeline to offer the specific FPL formats to be saved directly into their specific FPL folders ??

If this can be realised in future I can keep the Simbrief planning and/or the Route Finder.

I do not prefer Route Finder because they planner very often can not provide short flights.

I would be happy to recieve your comment.

Thanks and regards Roger

Hi Roger,

thank you for your kind words.

51 minutes ago, romair said:

Can the DB update read such new installed sceneries (according to the new LM) not available within the scenery.cfg. I think not!

With all respect, but you're wrong. EFB reads and analyzes ALL scenery files which are either listed in the old system (scenery.cfg) and/or is properly listed in one of the add-on.xml files for the new LM package system. Of course it cannot find misplaced scenery data files from eventually manual (and sometimes wrong placed) installations.

51 minutes ago, romair said:

How about other flightplan format such Majestic Dash8 which is .fpr or QW with their .rte and others aircraft addons which have their specific format and flightplan folders.

No, because EFB is not a flight planner. This has been discussed in several posts already.

Hallo Urs

Thanks  a lot for your response. I am happy to hear that all layout.bgl will be read from  the P3D Sim if handled with the add.on.xml file and the older scenery.cfg.

Sorry I did not read the former post releated to EFB. But I understand well that EFB is not real planner.

There is no problem to manage the flight planning from a other source and using them in the EFB. 

EFB now is my prefered tool for all IFR flights.

regards Roger