TAXI2GATE EDDM EFBv2 DB-builder reads the wrong airport.bgl

mmaier41

Are you talking about LFPG or EDDM ???

From the logfiles I cannot see a problem in EFB, but I can see that two days before (July 23th) a scenery from EDDM was referenced in a add-on.xml file, but at July 25th this scenery is no longer listed:

Title='EDDM_Munich_P3DV4_ADE' Path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\ADE\EDDM_Munich_P3DV4_ADE

At July 25th the following three lines in the scenery.cfg can be found:

2018-07-26 08:13:06.835   Debug   : Area EDDM-TERRAIN, required=False, active=True, layer=175, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM-TERRAIN
2018-07-26 08:13:06.835   Debug   : Area EDDM, required=False, active=True, layer=176, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM
2018-07-26 08:13:06.835   Debug   : Area EDDM-LC-ELV, required=False, active=True, layer=177, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM-LC-ELV

The question is now, what is the content of these three folders?

Hi Urs,

i talk about EDDM and i have searched for a similar issue and found this topic "T2G LFPG fake runways".

Your Q: about Title='EDDM_Munich_P3DV4_ADE' Path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Addon Scenery\ADE\EDDM_Munich_P3DV4_ADE

This scenery has been a own correction for EDDM (from Aerosoft MA Munic not compatible for P3DV4) ,

in EFBv2 was this scenery activated and displayed. I removed this scenery to check why i not get my new

T2G-EDDM scenery, however got the stock airport ...\0601\scenery\APX51140.bgl  as the picture shows.

Your Q: about " these three folders? "

In Area EDDM, required=False, active=True, layer=176, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM

can you find a file named EDDM_AF.BGL i think this is the correct Airport file for EFBv2, but has runways no numbered same as in the topic "T2G LFPG fake runways" described.

This picture shows you the list of Runways from EDDM_AF.BGL

222409769_List-RunwayfromEDDM_AF_BGL.jpg.56394454855c4ef24a93606f9b872b39.jpg

1 hour ago, mmaier41 said:

In Area EDDM, required=False, active=True, layer=176, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM

can you find a file named EDDM_AF.BGL i think this is the correct Airport file for EFBv2

Interestingly there is another layer "Area EDDM-LC-ELV, required=False, active=True, layer=177, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM-LC-ELV". What is the content of this folder?

Hi Urs,

the only file in "Area EDDM-LC-ELV, required=False, active=True, layer=177, path=C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\TAXI2GATE-EDDM P3Dv4 P3Dv4\data\EDDM-LC-ELV" is ELEVATIONS15.BGL and is not an airport.

ADE read ELEVATIONS15.bgl.jpg

2 hours ago, mmaier41 said:

can you find a file named EDDM_AF.BGL

Can you please send me this file to 'support@aivlasoft.com' for further investigation?

Are there other files in this folder?

Hi Urs,

EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl  is also the Airport file the both files works visaversa

IF SODE Then

rename EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl .off  to  EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl 

rename EDDM_AF.bgl  to EDDM_AF.bgl.off

Else

rename EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl  to  EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl .off

rename EDDM_AF.bgl.off  to EDDM_AF.bgl

END IF

I think that's the logic of the "Configuration Manager EDDM"

For the safety of my viewing i have run the EFBv2 DB-builder for both

situations and the result is always the same EVBvs DB-builder read only

the stock airport.

Please read this topic !!!

Manfred,

Maybe just as a sidenote: if the Airport in question (EDDM from T2G) is properly installed, it shows up properly.

EDDM_T2G.thumb.png.c6c6cbc053d6640e0411132fd7d142c4.png

I have no idea what you did in your install but I must point to the above fact, that a proper install results in proper depiction - even with "EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl". Furthermore I can't figure out how the whole topic should be related to FAKE RUNWAYS ???? Maybe you can check your install (including scenery.cfg) and find out if the scenery.cfg REALLY points to the proper path. If it does - and you can clearly see that in my screenshot, it works as designed.

So as a conclusion, you should start from scratch and un- and re-install the airport. I can't point more to the fact that IF the proper path is defined, the proper BGL is found and properly depicted. It is however impossible to look into your computer and analyze your install. This is something you need to do yourself. Just be sure - and I say it again - that the airport is properly depicted with "EDDM_AF_SODE.bgl" IF EFB v2 can find it. If not, then of course there is no chance and the default BGL is used.

Hi Oskar,

TAXI2GATE removed and a new clean installation, a new EFBv2-server DB generated, the right one selected,  EFBvs reads the EDDM stock airport.

All paths are checked for correctness.

I see in your Picture "Add-on" = YES

In my EDDM info there is "Add-on" = NO

I have no entry in C:\Users\Karin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons for TAXI2GATE-EDDM

If you have this entry, was it generated by your self or by the installer ?

The Simulator shows correct, and he lives also from the scenery,cfg.

Did you realize the interrupted taxiways in your picture. (nur so nebenbei) the same in stock airport.

Excuse me for the work I have done to you, but i have never hat a Installation problem with airports and airplanes ect.

57 minutes ago, mmaier41 said:

I see in your Picture "Add-on" = YES

In my EDDM info there is "Add-on" = NO

I have no entry in C:\Users\Karin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons for TAXI2GATE-EDDM

If you have this entry, was it generated by your self or by the installer ?

Not sure, whether T2G/simMarket installers create an entry in scenery.cfg. Sorry, I can't remember that. In any case the installation path is clearly visible in the screenshot and you should see something similar. Did you consider to attach the server logfile for troubleshooting? Maybe the scenery.cfg would also be helpful. And after all, confirm that you are running the server with full admin rights, either set in the properties/compatibility tab or by right clicking and "run as admin"?

The Simulator shows correct, and he lives also from the scenery,cfg.

Did you realize the interrupted taxiways in your picture. (nur so nebenbei) the same in stock airport?

Of course I did. that's what is contained in the BGL. If the designer decides to break the TWY there's not much that we can do. There are other examples for that. EFB v2 reads the BGL, not the designer's mind...?

But just to make it clear (nur so nebenbei...?), there are no broken taxiways in the stock airport....

EDDM-Stock.thumb.png.5dbd1e8e8baba23418d983fd38217f18.png

Hi Oskar,

all your advise have been done, no better result.

Then i have generated an entry for TAXI2GATE-EDDM in C:\Users\Karin\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons

and now my picture looks like your.  Add-on = YES and EFBv2 reads the right file.

The brocken taxiway I'm still going to fix it with ADE only for my sim. (es ist noch etwas faul mit diesem Airport, aber jetzt ist Ruhe).

Again many thanks for your help and time.