Bodrum, LTFE, showing rwy 28R as 28L

klm712

There's a strange difference between EFB1 and EFB2 at Bodrum, Milas LTFE airport.

I'm using for several months the FSDG Bodrum Lite version.

EFB version1 shows the correct 10L/28R

But version 2 of EFB shows for the same runway 10L/28L

I've attached 2 screenshots to show what i mean.

Any idea how to solve this?

I'm running P3DV4.3 and W10

Navigraph Database Airac 1808

Regards,

Ad Ording

BODRUM EFB1.JPG

BODRUM EFB2.JPG

I have had a look into this BGL file and see the following two things:

1) Runway 10R/28L is marked to NOT allow landings or takeoffs (therefore it is not used in EFB)

2) Runway 10L/28R has a displaced threshold which is about 900 meters away from the beginning of the runway. The r/w runway has no displaced threshold.

The displaced threshold generates the faulty assignment "28L".

Whoever has created this BGL file would be well advised to change the above mentioned issues.

Many thanks for your fast reaction.

I'll contact FSDG and will ask if they want to look for the problem i have with this file.

The other thing that's strange that EFB v1 didn't had this problem.

But perhaps EFB v1 didn't read this bgl.

I'll let you know when i get a reaction from FSDG.

Many thanks for your help.

Ad

Here's the answer i got from FSDG:

Thanks for bringing this up. Runways are indeed a bit tricky at LTFE. They changed the main taxiway to 28L and renamed the old 28 to 28R. The 28L seems to be never in use though, even though it has approach lights and everything.
As for the displaced threshold we had to do this to force a more realistic AI behavior. Without the displaced threshold they would either crash into the mountain or use the wrong taxiway to exit the runway.
You can always remove the displace in an editor like ADE or AFX if you have trouble with an addon like EFB.

I would suggest to use ADE (Airport Design Editor) as it's free and has a P3Dv4 option. You'll see there are 2 runways in the file. For some reason EFB doesn't recognize rwy 28L correctly or confuses the two runways. This probably is related to the fact that 28L/10R is closed for takeoffs and landings (as this is how it seems to be in reality). Maybe opening this runway could fix the EFB issue. (Double click on runway, > Pattern > YES for Takeoff and Landing)
If you use ADE don't forget to compile the airport. Saving only saves the project into an ade file. With Compile you'll get a bgl file you can use to replace the original one.

End of answers.

I will try this tomorrow, never done this before.

Keep you informed.

Regards,

Ad

1 hour ago, klm712 said:

Runways are indeed a bit tricky at LTFE. They changed the main taxiway to 28L and renamed the old 28 to 28R. The 28L seems to be never in use though, even though it has approach lights and everything.

I had a look into the current AIP, but I couldn't find an information that this runway is closed. At least the AIP lists an approach into 10R.

1 hour ago, klm712 said:

As for the displaced threshold we had to do this to force a more realistic AI behavior.

The misplaced threshold is the cause why EFB cannot assign the correct runway identifier according to the ARINC-424 data.

1 hour ago, klm712 said:

For some reason EFB doesn't recognize rwy 28L correctly or confuses the two runways. This probably is related to the fact that 28L/10R is closed for takeoffs and landings

EFB is not confused but as long as there is no common sense between the airport-designers about the interpretation of these flags for 'landing' and 'takeoff', EFB will not depict such runways. I just came across another airport (Taxi2Gate EDDM) where the exactly same flags (closed for landing and closed for takeoff) are used to mark a fake runway which in no way should be depicted at this airport.

I should have looked at the AFCAD in ADE earlier. As I wasn't familiar with the airport, I thought it actually has now only one runway and the naming is a leftover from when it had two. So, just in case you haven't had time to adapt the AFCAD, find the changed file attached. Place the file in Server\AFCAD and run a simulator update in the database builder.

LTFE_AFD_v8.bgl

Mr. ATC,

Many thanks for creating this *.bgl

i’m not at home now, but i’ll give it a try tomorrow morning.

I will report how it works.

And i must say that the support service of Aivlasoft is fantastic.

So again, many, many thanks.

Regards,

Ad

Mr. ATC,

in the meantime i've installed this new LTFE_AFD_v8.bgl and rebuilded the database.

As you can see at the attached picture the rwy's 28L/R and 10L/R are visible now.

I did a short flight from Antalya LTAI to LTFE and the STARS for rwy28R were available in EFB2 too. ?

The ILS was active but the only thing that wasn't recognized was the glideslope. That was a pity.

Perhaps i can solve that by myself.

Anyway, many thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Ad

BODRUM EFB2 NEW AFCAD.JPG