Approach Plate DA/DH for LOWW??

Hello,

I am using the trial version of EFB v2 with P3Dv3.4 and using the default, included 1802 cycle. I have the PMDG 747-400 loaded which is a Cat D aircraft.

When I create a flight plan from ENGM to LOWW and select a RNAV (LNAV/VNAV) 34 approach for LOWW, I see the Approach plate shown at the bottom of the screen. Info displayed for this approach within EFB looks odd as the DA is shown to be 34ft. I am not sure this is correct. It should be 834ft according to Austro Controls charts. See attached for the EFB display and the Austro Control chart from Feb 2017.

Note: If I look at the corresponding ILS 34 approach it also shows 34ft also as the DA within EFB while Austro Control shows the same approach to be 804ft. Field elevation of this runway is 584ft.

So is the approach data within 1802 cycle incorrect or is this an EFB related problem with showing incorrect DA/DHs? Can someone confirm my observations for this airport/runway?

Regards

LO_AD_2_LOWW_24-6-9-4_en.pdf

LOWW_EFBv2.PNG

23 minutes ago, Supera380 said:

Hello,

I am using the trial version of EFB v2 with P3Dv3.4 and using the default, included 1802 cycle. I have the PMDG 747-400 loaded which is a Cat D aircraft.

When I create a flight plan from ENGM to LOWW and select a RNAV (LNAV/VNAV) 34 approach for LOWW, I see the Approach plate shown at the bottom of the screen. Info displayed for this approach within EFB looks odd as the DA is shown to be 34ft. I am not sure this is correct. It should be 834ft according to Austro Controls charts. See attached for the EFB display and the Austro Control chart from Feb 2017.

Note: If I look at the corresponding ILS 34 approach it also shows 34ft also as the DA within EFB while Austro Control shows the same approach to be 804ft. Field elevation of this runway is 584ft.

So is the approach data within 1802 cycle incorrect or is this an EFB related problem with showing incorrect DA/DHs? Can someone confirm my observations for this airport/runway?

Regards

Not really. First: those minima have nothing to do with the actual AIRAC cycle! Minima are either published individually for a certain airport or generally from a default file.

Second: it might be interesting to correctly interprete the figures on the approach plate:

They indicate the following:

Approach Category D for RWY 34, MDA 770 ft, required min. visibility 750 m

We supply a number of customized minima files with values that we have chosen. We always take the lowest of all minima applicable for the specific approach on the selected RWY. in this case the OCA for LPV apporach of 769 ft, rounded up to 770 ft

Some reading in the  User Guide would also improve the understanding of the what's and whereabouts of these customized minimum files. You can change their content any time to your liking,

Hi,

Appreciate the answer and clarification. 

Sorry for the dumb question but the approach plate as depicted in EFB threw me. For me it was not immediately obvious the bold number in the table was the runway number  especially when the runway number is given at the top of the approach plate window and having the MDA and RVR values in the same box is not the typical convention.

Nonetheless I will read the manual in more detail. I found and read the relevant section regarding the minima and so I will have a go at customizing the values as you suggested.

Thanks