VATSIM ICAO To - From 1234 ?

• 1 year later...

Hello,

With EFBv1 i can saw all trafics destination {ICAO codes} . You say, EFBv1 receive all data from VATSIM  and  Sim connect. EFBv2 from VATSIM data and FSUIPC . Last days Vatsim change some server, from new server,when i try EFBv2, i can see ICAO code of destination all aircraft around me . But, other programme like Servoinfo or Vatspy vs. i saw those information about ICAO code. I think ,there is no problem with Vatsim server . I cant see any large information in your forum. Do you think, this problem never solved? If the problem FSUIPC comes , how i can solve. Pls i need your kindly help.

Regards

Erman PILICOGLU

Hi Erman,

it seems to be depending on the pilot client software. I'm using vPilot here and I can only say that I also see 1234. It might be that with other pilot client software, the ICAO codes will be displayed. I cannot test it because I only have vPilot.

EFB can only display what it is getting from the network. The whole chain of information is: 

VATSIM network -> vPilot -> [SimConnect or FSUIPC] -> Prepar3D -> FSUIPC -> FSUIPCClient.dll -> EFB Server -> EFB Client.

You see that this is quite a long chain and EFB is at the end of it. I have no influence on the data or components beyond EFB.