Stuck on Loading Database (trial)

Recently installed the 30 day trial on my PC, but I cannot for the life of me get my server on my flightsim PC and the client on my laptop to load properly, it always gets stuck on "Loading Database (airports)" with the red buzzer going off (usually making me jump out of my seat). I have collected the support files and will paste both the client and server files below. If you need any more information, I am happy to give, otherwise, please help me get this sorted out.

Thanks,

S.K.

Client_201807221913.txt

Server_201807221913.txt

Since I had posted this thread about half a day ago, I have since done a complete reinstall of the aivlasoft efb v2, deleting all aivlasoft folders and installing with the latest installers from the forum, but to no avail. I have attached the unedited .zip files that you requested, hoping that that maybe they could help you solve my problem. I thank you for your patience and for helping me out as I have been dealing with this problem for the past few weeks, thinking I could find a solution myself, which, obviously, I have not.

Client_201807231315.txt.zip

Server_201807231315.txt.zip

I don't see you created the database again from scratch. Since you reinstalled, I recommend:

• Start Database builder
  • Delete any existing database
  • Then create a new one
  • If that goes without errors, set the newly built database selected (mark and click select (button bottom right))

Hi Samer

Can you upload again your latest support files? Because the red buzzer is normally the sign for an error logged on the server. However, I can't find such a message in the log you initially provided.

But I understand the client runs normally, just the loading of the data is not completed, right? So it stays that way if you don't to anything, correct?

Can you provide a screenshot of your client at this stage?

Can you confirm you run your server with admin right?

Hello, I have attached my latest support files as well as a screenshot of my client. I run my client on an old Dell windows 7 laptop, could that be a factor of my problem?

Both the client and the server start normally, the problem comes when the client gets stuck on the "Loading Database files (airports)" page and I am unable to do anything. I have left it to load on several occasions in the past for 3-5 hours and nothing changes. 

I have also tried to run the server and client with admin rights, but again nothing changes and I still get stuck on the Loading Database files (airports)" page

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Client Screenshot.PNG

Client_201807231436.txt.zip

Server_201807231436.txt.zip

Thank you.

The airport file cannot be read from the client for some reason. Either it is compiled somehow with errors or the client computer is missing something.

Can you please:

Optionally, can you install the client as well on the same machine as the server and try if it works there?

Okay, so I am unable to attach my airports.bin.zip due to the file limit size, as it is 34.1mb and the max file size is 686.08kb. I downloaded Microsoft .net framework 4.7 on my client computer as instructed, but I still get the same error and the "Loading Database files (airports)" page still remains. When I installed the client on my flightsim PC, it worked! Though, I would still like to find a way to make it work on my Dell laptop as it would be pretty much useless if I was in an approach and would ruin the immersion if I had to continuously switch between P3D and the EFB.

Samer, many thanks for following my advices. Now that you confirmed the client works on your flightsim computer, we narrowed down the issue to your dell computer. So the tip file isn't needed any longer.

So we have to dig deeper into your system on the dell computer. Can you navigate in the control panel to programs and check for an option named like activate and deactivate windows features? If you find this, please open all layers of groups having .NET Framework in its content and post a screenshot of this.

I run both my flightsim PC and my Dell Laptop using an ethernet cable, so they connect directly to my router. I don't think the problem would be my computer specs as I am able to open the EFB and use the menu to close it just fine, it just seems to have a problem loading my airport database files for whatever reason.

11 hours ago, Samer Khatib said:

I run both my flightsim PC and my Dell Laptop using an ethernet cable, so they connect directly to my router.

This is good. I just asked because in the log file I could see a timeout between the Server and the Client, which usually points in the direction of 'wireless' of slow CPU.

11 hours ago, Samer Khatib said:

I don't think the problem would be my computer specs

The problem is that the airport.bin file will be zipped on the Server, but unfortunately it cannot be unzipped anymore when it is on the Client. The log file reads "Cannot read that as a ZipFile Ionic.Zip.BadReadException:   Bad signature (0x4CF765F8) at position 0x021F5DAD".  I cannot say what the cause for this problem is, although I searched the internet 'up and down'. The software itself cannot be the problem, because it works for the Client on your simulator computer and it works for many other hundreds of customers on their networked computers. Usually a bad signature, or similar errors happen due to transmission problems. I have no clue what could be the cause for this problem on this laptop.

Good morning,

I'm not sure, if I shall open a new topic for the same issue or not.

I have to report the same issue but with the a licensed version.

Here the snippet of the Logfile:

2018-07-25 08:37:17.891   Debug   : Files to sync 7
2018-07-25 08:37:29.223   Debug   : Creating file 'airports.bin'
2018-07-25 08:37:29.412   Debug   : Decompress file 'airports.bin.zip'
2018-07-25 08:37:29.466   Error   : Cannot read that as a ZipFile Ionic.Zip.BadReadException:   Bad signature (0x00080000) at position 0x0222E9F9   at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadDirEntry(ZipFile zf, Dictionary`2 previouslySeen)   at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadCentralDirectory(ZipFile zf)   at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(ZipFile zf)   at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(String fileName, TextWriter statusMessageWriter, Encoding encoding, EventHandler`1 readProgress)   at e.v.d.m.e(String A_0)   at e.e.v.eb.v.eg1(Byte[] A_0)
2018-07-25 08:37:29.484   Error   : Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.     at System.IO.__Error.EndOfFile()   at System.IO.MemoryStream.InternalReadInt32()   at e.e.v.eb.d.egy(Byte[] A_0)

Server and Client are running on different systems.

I tried a manual unzip with WinRAR on the server side and this works. The same on the client side (Windows 10 build in uncompress in the WinExplorer).

If I extract the ZIP and place the bin file manually, then I'm able to start the client properly.

8 minutes ago, FlySmack said:

I have to report the same issue but with the a licensed version.

Thanks for reporting. It's weird ... the file transfer over the network seems to somehow corrupt the zip file, but on the other hand it can be unzipped manually by WinRAR. I'm confused ...

I copied the ZIP file from the Server's computer manually to the Client. On the Client I extracted the ZIP file without issues and the bin-File could be loaded.

Maybe the Windows Explorer uncompress ignores an error in the ZIP without telling me, but I have my doubts.

I can try installing the Client on the Server side and test, if the issue occurs also on the Server's side. Hopefully I have some time the evening.

10 hours ago, FlySmack said:

I copied the ZIP file from the Server's computer manually to the Client. On the Client I extracted the ZIP file without issues and the bin-File could be loaded.

Maybe the Windows Explorer uncompress ignores an error in the ZIP without telling me, but I have my doubts.

I can try installing the Client on the Server side and test, if the issue occurs also on the Server's side. Hopefully I have some time the evening.

I solved the problem by copying the airports.bin.zip folder from my server pc over to my client pc and unzipping the airports.bin file on the client pc. The problem obviously seems to be with the unzipping of the .zip file on the client pc, as all other database files had been successfully transferred over to my client pc from my server pc. I haven't tested this, but could it have something to do with Winrar? I pose this question because I have Winrar installed on my server pc, but not on my client pc, so is it possible that the absence of the application is causing problems when it comes to unzipping the file? I don't know. I have solved my problem though, and am completely satisfied with the project. Nice work Aivlasoft!