How to populate GW/FOB fields in RH sidebar

I have just started using the trial and am mightily impressed by EFB v2. A couple of things remain a mystery - aircraft profiles, but I have just found that in FAQ so can work on that..

The other thing is how to populate the two fields under "A/C ambient" - is that aircraft or air conditioning?!! Anyway, if I choose a default MS FSX aircraft then everything I need is displayed, but no GW or FOB even when airborne.

Guidance welcomed

Peter Allison (UK)

Hello Peter

45 minutes ago, peterwallison said:

A/C ambient

It is used here to abbreviate aircraft, although the official abbreviation ACFT might be less missleading.

45 minutes ago, peterwallison said:

but no GW or FOB even when airborne

Those lines disappear when you are airborne?

Did you run your simulator? Any yellow messages in the EFB client status section?

14 minutes ago, peterwallison said:

Also having problems with profiles not being accepted, though the default 737-800 is fine.

Sorry, that's to vague. Did you check Manual 5 Client - Chapter 12.2? If that doesn't help, please describe more precise.

1 hour ago, peterwallison said:

Correct, no GW or FOB values at any time.

Also having problems with profiles not being accepted, though the default 737-800 is fine.

Peter

Hmm, you a re reporting a few issues within one sentence...:) GW & FOB field need not to be "populated". This will be done by EFB v2 reading the values from the loeded aircraft. Please provide a screenshot of the sidebar and state the following:

Simulator running?

if yes, which aircraft loaded?

Which profile (automatically) applied?

Hi, happy to provide that screenshot, in my next post.

I have read the client manual 12.2 so know about placing the name of the .air file(s) in the bottom window. The selected profile appears correctly at first in the top-right of the client but a few seconds later changes to the default. Strangely, although the default B737-800 works, the A321 and CRJ don't.

I am using FSX Steam edition and running the client on the same PC as the server.

23 minutes ago, peterwallison said:

The selected profile appears correctly at first in the top-right of the client but a few seconds later changes to the default.

How is the profile then selected at first? This should be automatically. But from your report, I assume you do something manually.

Good news....but one small item remaining.....As well as updating to the latest versions of the client and server, I updated to the most recent version of FSUIPC, as I was using a file from back in 2017.

I added the appropriate .air file to the default A321 profile, see screenshot, and this profile was loaded automatically when I changed the aircraft to the FSX A321 in FSX. Great!

However, I was using the default flight, and the GS/TAS were transmitted to the client OK (as you can see) but the GW and FOB are still stuck on zero. As you can see from the screenshot, the GW is displayed in grey and the FOB in yellow.

Any ideas?

Many thanks for your help so far.

Peter (UK)

Capture 2007 1.PNG

Capture 2007.PNG

5 hours ago, peterwallison said:

I added the appropriate .air file to the default A321 profile, see screenshot, and this profile was loaded automatically when I changed the aircraft to the FSX A321 in FSX. Great!

However, I was using the default flight, and the GS/TAS were transmitted to the client OK (as you can see) but the GW and FOB are still stuck on zero. As you can see from the screenshot, the GW is displayed in grey and the FOB in yellow.

What does that all mean? You are talking about A321, then you are talking about a default flight and finally the screenshot shows the B737-800 to be used as active aircraft? I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you are doing there - and believe me, I've been working quite some time with EFB v2...?

To get things straight:

First: do not even attempt to reinstall EFB v2. This issue has nothing to do with a faulty install

Second: load an A/C of which you can be sure that it will be properly assiged (e.g. the default C172) at any suitable airport. Have EFB v2 running, no matter before or after starting the simulator.

Third: check whether all information on the sidebar is properly displayed (weights, fuel - and when airborne speeds).

I would be very much interested in the outcome.

I am very sorry, and also grateful for your help. I think you have picked up on the two problems I am having, I should have done one at a time.

Not all the profiles seem to be accepted, and I then get a message saying default was loaded - not a major issue tbh.

When I load a default aircraft, or indeed any at any airport, I have a yellow AIRAC message as my database is not updated. The airspeed is displayed once I unpause the simulator and set off down the runway, but the FOB and GW are NEVER displayed.

I have attached another screenshot and also the support files as suggested.

Thanks again,

Peter

Capture201807201809.PNG

Client_201807201914.txt.zip

Server_201807201914.txt.zip

I have a yellow AIRAC message as my database is not updated

I explained the issue already. The behaviour of the client is correct in this matter, but it doesn't have an influence on the display of GW or FOB.

The airspeed is displayed once I unpause the simulator and set off down the runway, but the FOB and GW are NEVER displayed.

Please provide a screenshot of the entire client while your sim is running. The yellow text "Simulator" should disappear once the sim is running. Otherwise, there is a general problem with an interface somewhere.

Not all the profiles seem to be accepted

You can't manually set a profile. You have to add the airfile of the aircraft in question to the EFB profile you wish to use for this aircraft. The manual explains you everything in detail.

10 hours ago, peterwallison said:

Not all the profiles seem to be accepted, and I then get a message saying default was loaded - not a major issue tbh.

Peter, I think we have a major misunderstanding here. There is no profile "that has to be accepted". I am still of the impression that you try to manually assign a profile to any aircraft. This is not the way EFB v2 works. EFB will assign a valid profile automatically. A manual assignment is not possible as soon as the simulator is running.

now again, let's start from scratch:

Load the default C172 at any airport and make a screenshot of the sidebar. DO NOT TRY TO ASSIGN any profile in the "Setitngs" dialogue. Just let EFB v2 do its work.

EDIT: I'm not sure which default A/C you have in your installation. I think, the BE58 Baron would also be feasible, as it is available on almost all Simulator variants.

26 minutes ago, peterwallison said:

I had such high hopes, it seemed so logical...I unticked 'unlimited fuel', re-started the simulator.....but still the same :(

Log files attached.

Many thanks

Client_201807221224.txt.zip

Server_201807221224.txt.zip

Well, honestly, then I'm out of ideas. I have checked this many times and it behaves exactly the way I described with "unlimited fuel" ticked. When unticked it shows all required data. ATM I have no idea what could cause this apart from the "unlimitd fuel". So far these missing figures have not been reported yet either.