AI Traffic Not Seen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is then if your AI engine does generate traffic beyond 40nm. You can check this by switiching the view in your sim to any AI traffic. All those traffic should then also be visible in the traffic monitor. Be aware that also AI engines may have an algorithm to limit the number of aircraft feed into your sim. Because it makes definitely no sense to use resources for an aircraft which is hundreds of miles away.

EFB v2 does not set a limitation by itself. But EFB v2 is using a third party DLL to access the FSUIPC variables. I guess that this DLL is filtering the aircraft which are out of a certain range due to performance reasons. I you would like to see traffic outside of this approx. 40NM range then I suggest that you use a specific program for traffic display.

Hi Derek,

sorry for not answering earlier, but I was busy programming an update for EFB which now includes an improvement in this regard. The internal (implicit) filter is now off and traffic is visible in a wider range than before. See next screenshot below which shows flight SAS7451 in a distance of almost 100NM.

SAS7451.png

A very important finding regarding the FSUIPC settings (registered version) was made by Oskar. He discovered that not the distance for "AI Traffic Limit" is the limitation, but the distance for "Limit TCAS range". On the next screenshot below you can see that we have set a limit of 40NM for AI Traffic while the limit for TCAS was 0 (unlimited). The setting for AI Traffic had no effect.

FSUIPC_AI.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gents,

I'm running #61 and #78 which appear to be the latest. See the attached images. The Ai info for the Finn Air flight is clearly visible in Traffic Monitor and Little Navmap but not in the EFB Client. The aircraft shows but no flight info.

I'm running P3D v4.4, FSUIPC v5.15 and UT LIve with the newly released Winter 2019 schedule released in the last few days. I haven't changed the default settings for Ai so it's a bit of a mystery.

And yes, I do have the T/LBL option selected. :grin:

AiTraffic.png

AiTraffic_EFB_1.jpg

AiTraffic_EFB_2.jpg

24 minutes ago, KiloJuliett said:

Maybe an issue of zoom? Do other traffic show a label? Did you check your settings for the label?

Zoom was the first thing I tried. No joy. Everything is okay on the ground.

Regarding Ai settings I have Above Aircraft at 12099, Below Aircraft at -10999, Label background transparent (Ground) unchecked but perhaps Label background transparent (World Map) being checked is the problem.

I'll remove that check and report back. Thanks.

LATER: Yes, it was the transparent option on World Map. Sorted.