AI Traffic Not Seen

6 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

I know you think it changed with the last update. But even if it did for you, the update wasn't the cause as there was no change of code in this matter (as Urs already wrote). And even if there was, it wouldn't help us for the further analysis of this problem.

I think Bobs (or whatever your name is, @bobsk8 check https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/) report shows us the direction to go. The output of FSUIPC is sometimes a bit, let's say, suspicious. You can see in Tims post that also in the columns ICAO from/to, where the values don't seem to be right. Having identified this quite some time ago, there is still clarification needed with Pete (developer of FSUIPC). And there are maybe more settings in FSUIPC that influence the display of AI traffic than we are currently aware of. In this context, it is interesting to read that the TCAS setting actually changed the display of aircraft. But I think this is a valuable piece of information for further analysis. Thanks for your efforts!

It seems on this thread that there are three other users having the exact same problem as I am having, at the exact same time. Tparker1989 and Rwalls and Nbillo all in a few posts above this one. So that makes 4 of us seeing the same symptom. Normal amount of  AI displayed, until 2 days ago, nothing else changed in the sim, and suddenly almost no AI is displayed immediately after an update of server and client.   Why would we all have the same exact problem, caused by something other than the last update when it all started?   I have beta tested several products through the years, and to me, this would be like 4 beta testers reporting the exact same problem after an update. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, bobsk8 said:

It seems on this thread that there are three other users having the exact same problem as I am having, at the exact same time. Tparker1989 and Rwalls and Nbillo all in a few posts above this one. So that makes 4 of us seeing the same symptom.  Why would we all have the same exact problem, caused by something other than the last update when it all started?   I have beta tested several products through the years, and to me, this would be like 4 beta testers reporting the exact same problem after an update. 

Bob (or whatever name you have: see https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/ ), 

is there anything specific you want to tell us with that? ?

1 hour ago, bobsk8 said:

It seems on this thread that there are three other users having the exact same problem as I am having, at the exact same time. Tparker1989 and Rwalls and Nbillo all in a few posts above this one. So that makes 4 of us seeing the same symptom. Normal amount of  AI displayed, until 2 days ago, nothing else changed in the sim, and suddenly almost no AI is displayed immediately after an update of server and client.   Why would we all have the same exact problem, caused by something other than the last update when it all started?   I have beta tested several products through the years, and to me, this would be like 4 beta testers reporting the exact same problem after an update. 

Well guys,

Both my server and client updated today and after connecting with P3D, I can now see my AI aircraft on the ground as well as in flight. I'm not saying it was anything to do with this latest update, but you cannot rule it out. Anyway, everything is working as it should, so I'm quite happy!!

Regards

Nigel

I updated today also, and now have AI traffic that looks perfecty normal.  10 Minutes later during flight , all AI traffic on Client map disappeared. Server shows 16 aircraft that are airborne. I then started up Plan G 3 and I see AI aircraft all over, none showing up on EFB. I think I will just start Plan G when I want to see AI aircraft. 

I am starting to suspect the traffic limiter that is part of FSUIPC. I started out with plenty of AI on EFB, as I got away from departure airport, AI traffic disappeared. As I got close to arrival airport, traffic appeared again. I think I am going to disable the limiter on the next flight and see what happens. . 

2 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

I updated today also, and now have AI traffic that looks perfecty normal.  10 Minutes later during flight , all AI traffic on Client map disappeared. Server shows 16 aircraft that are airborne. I then started up Plan G 3 and I see AI aircraft all over, none showing up on EFB. I think I will just start Plan G when I want to see AI aircraft. 

I am starting to suspect the traffic limiter that is part of FSUIPC. I started out with plenty of AI on EFB, as I got away from departure airport, AI traffic disappeared. As I got close to arrival airport, traffic appeared again. I think I am going to disable the limiter on the next flight and see what happens. . 

Bob, why not temporarily remove all the Ai values you have in FSUIPC and try again? Also make sure you're up to date with that utility given EFBv2 relies on it for Ai.

If the problem disappears then gradually add each value back to FSUIPC until the problem reappears. That should give you a clue as to where the problem lies.

I had a chat with Pete Dowson this morning and he is installing EFB today so is in an ideal position to respond to any questions related to this issue.

2 minutes ago, RayProudfoot said:

Bob, why not temporarily remove all the Ai values you have in FSUIPC and try again? Also make sure you're up to date with that utility given EFBv2 relies on it for Ai.

If the problem disappears then gradually add each value back to FSUIPC until the problem reappears. That should give you a clue as to where the problem lies.

I had a chat with Pete Dowson this morning and he is installing EFB today so is in an ideal position to respond to any questions related to this issue.

Good idea. Maybe you can answer a question for me, in the FSUIPC Traffic Limiter the first setting is Traffic Limit, and the default is =0 According to the manual when that is set to zero, the limiter is shut off, and that is what mine was set to. So that means any settings in the limiter are not active. Would you agree?  

This afternoon, while I was thoroughly testing some scenarios with AI Traffic, I finally could locate a bug in the software which under certain circumstances prevents the Client from depicting traffic. I will fix this with the next update and I would like the express my apologizes for all the troubles you had because of this.

It's important to know that this bug does only occur in the Client and it has nothing to do with an empty Traffic Monitor. If the Traffic Monitor does not list any aircraft then no aircraft are provided from the simulator (FSUIPC).

2 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

This afternoon, while I was thoroughly testing some scenarios with AI Traffic, I finally could locate a bug in the software which under certain circumstances prevents the Client from depicting traffic. I will fix this with the next update and I would like the express my apologizes for all the troubles you had because of this.

It's important to know that this bug does only occur in the Client and it has nothing to do with an empty Traffic Monitor. If the Traffic Monitor does not list any aircraft then no aircraft are provided from the simulator (FSUIPC).

That is great news, and that is what I was trying to figure out. The traffic monitor was showing a large number of AI, so I was assuming that FSUIPC  together with the server was working correctly. Glad you found it. 

19 minutes ago, bobsk8 said:

Good idea. Maybe you can answer a question for me, in the FSUIPC Traffic Limiter the first setting is Traffic Limit, and the default is =0 According to the manual when that is set to zero, the limiter is shut off, and that is what mine was set to. So that means any settings in the limiter are not active. Would you agree?  

I would imagine so Bob but I see Urs has posted with his news so you can probably leave your settings alone.

For info I use a utility by Lorby called RemoveAISleepers (freeware). This will remove any Ai that have a departure time more than x minutes ahead of current time. x defaults to 90 mins but can be adjusted. I set my Ai to 80% and the utility then kills a couple hundred Ai that will just sit there for over 2 hours doing nothing.

This substantially reduces the number of Ai (thereby helping fps) but also ensures you have parking gates available at your destination. I often found they were all taken at airports like LPPT.

Hello,

I am seeing similar problems of only seeing limited AI traffic displayed on the client with sim generated traffic in P3Dv4.3.

At Oslo (ENGM, Aerosoft)  I have 3 aircraft sitting at the same terminal within 300m of my user aircraft positioned at Gate 49  (AI occupying Gates 38, 39 & 42)  but the Client does not depict these aircraft at all. On the Traffic Monitor, only 2 aircraft are listed that are on the ground but they are positioned at another terminal farther away from my aircraft. Strange!

I have not changed the default settings of -5000-5000 within EFB v2 for the AI altitude limits.

I am hoping the bug found and subsequent fix by Urs will resolve this.

Regards

Mark

3 minutes ago, Supera380 said:

I have 3 aircraft sitting at the same terminal within 300m of my user aircraft positioned at Gate 49  (AI occupying Gates 38, 39 & 42)  but the Client does not depict these aircraft at all.

And these aren't static aircraft by chance?

The bug Urs found will cover an issue of AI traffic not displayed although it is in the traffic monitor. So if you can't find this traffic in the traffic monitor, this won't be the solution for your problem. Did you change your FSUIPC Miscellaneous settings?

Hi Jonas,

Thx for the pointer. Yes you are correct.

My ENGM Configurator tool was missing when I installed the scenery for some reason so I had overlooked it and the option to turn static aircraft on was enabled. I have turned this off and the actual view was in snych with EFB.

Thanks for that.

Regards

Mark

ok, so I just bought FSUIPC5 and played with the traffic settings in it, in Aivlasoft EFB and often the traffic would show up than disappear.  I flew on line in a raptor and caught up with a plane flying at 36000.  I had full visual, nothing on EFB.  Than all of a sudden the TCAS popped up on the EFB and said I needed to descend.  So it is inconsistent with the traffic.  Something is wrong.

Greg

2 hours ago, Greg9154 said:

ok, so I just bought FSUIPC5 and played with the traffic settings in it, in Aivlasoft EFB and often the traffic would show up than disappear.  I flew on line in a raptor and caught up with a plane flying at 36000.  I had full visual, nothing on EFB.  Than all of a sudden the TCAS popped up on the EFB and said I needed to descend.  So it is inconsistent with the traffic.  Something is wrong.

Greg

You might have missed this contribution: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/3037-ai-traffic-not-seen/?do=findComment&comment=18948 This will be corrected with the next build.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I've just bought EFB v2 (client v2.0.76 / server v2.0.58), I installed the whole package and get exactly same issues as described : no Network traffic when connected to IVAP.

Is the patch you talked about is included in the release I've just downloaded ?

Many thanks for your help.

Julien 

• 2 months later...

In an earllier post you say the range is limited to about 40nm  in V1 this was adjustable can we increase it in V2 please, I see all trafffic on ground and when airbourne but not further than 40nm. When flying online with my VA in events I like to see about 100nm the limit of Vpilot and IVap.

Can this be done ?

47 minutes ago, barrendrop said:

In an earllier post you say the range is limited to about 40nm  in V1 this was adjustable can we increase it in V2 please, I see all trafffic on ground and when airbourne but not further than 40nm. When flying online with my VA in events I like to see about 100nm the limit of Vpilot and IVap.

Can this be done ?

This limitation is from freeware FSUIPC, not from EFB v2. Increasing this limit is only possible with full FSUIPC (payware) version.