AI Traffic Not Seen

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perfect. Confirm, you allow the EFB server admin rights? Can you check the traffic monitor from the server and tell me, if there is some traffic in the list or if it is empty? What kind of AI traffic do you use (sim generated, 3rd party add-on, network traffic), and what sim do you have?

3 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

Perfect. Confirm, you allow the EFB server admin rights? Can you check the traffic monitor from the server and tell me, if there is some traffic in the list or if it is empty? What kind of AI traffic do you use (sim generated, 3rd party add-on, network traffic), and what sim do you have?

Mr ATC,

I'm away from my computer at the moment but I will double check the EFB server rights, I usually always set my flight sim stuff to run as admin, but I will check this tomorrow. I am running UT Live set at 50% in P3Dv4.3, and I will check to see what the server for traffic monitoring. Thanks for getting back to me.

Nigel

18 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

Mr ATC,

I can confirm that my AI traffic is now functioning correctly, the traffic monitor sees them on the ground and in flight. This is the first time I have run it since it was updated yesterday.

Thanks for you assistance

Regards

Nigel

P3D V4.3 

when on vatsim i see aircraft on the ground and within EFB V2 , but when airborne , no AI traffic.

when I check the traffic monitor , no AI aircraft are listed.

I have the latest version

can you help please

Darren

I have just completed another flight and on vatsim, vis vatspy there were aircraft near by but EFB2 did not show them and at one stage a blue square appeared with a callsign marker etc.

I also had three TCAS warning looked out of the flight deck window saw the planes nearby but EFB 2 failed to show them on the moving map.

Regards

Darren

17 hours ago, nbillo said:

Mr ATC,

I can confirm that my AI traffic is now functioning correctly, the traffic monitor sees them on the ground and in flight. This is the first time I have run it since it was updated yesterday.

Thanks for you assistance

Regards

Nigel

Mr ATC,

I may have been a little presumptuous in my earlier quote! After a few more flights, I can confirm that I am only seeing AI aircraft on the ground and NOT in the air, the same as the other chap. I am not however flying on-line. I fly off-line and use UTLive. The AI monitor shows traffic on the ground but as soon as I lift off, they disappear. If I go to the dropdown for viewing AI aircraft, there is a long list of them so I know the sim is picking them up. Any thought?

Regards

Nigel 

As Mr ATC already mentioned, please take a screenshot from the traffic monitor when your aircraft is airborne. Maybe from this screenshot we can get an idea of what could be the cause.

Please also bear in mind that EFB Client does not display ALL traffic which is listed on the monitor, and also not all traffic which you may see on other add-ons. The EFB Client shows only traffic which is within a certain layer (+/- feet, see settings) from the current altitude of your aircraft, and within a range of approx. 40 NM (screenshot 1). To see traffic you have to select the map option buttons "TRFC" and "T/LBL" (screenshot 2).

traffic1.png

traffic2.png

4 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

As Mr ATC already mentioned, please take a screenshot from the traffic monitor when your aircraft is airborne. Maybe from this screenshot we can get an idea of what could be the cause.

Please also bear in mind that EFB Client does not display ALL traffic which is listed on the monitor, and also not all traffic which you may see on other add-ons. The EFB Client shows only traffic which is within a certain layer (+/- feet, see settings) from the current altitude of your aircraft, and within a range of approx. 40 NM (screenshot 1). To see traffic you have to select the map option buttons "TRFC" and "T/LBL" (screenshot 2).

traffic1.png

traffic2.png

Hi aivlasoft,

This is my shot of the traffic monitor I did however already change the above and below altitude to see if it would make any difference. Above to 10000 Feet and Below to 20000 Feet but it didn't make any difference. I know I really liked the AI mapping in your version 1 of the EFB. I've yet to see it in v2 so I'm curious as to how it looks. Perhaps you can share a screen shot here so I can see what to expect?

Regards

Nigel

EFB Traffic Monitor.jpg

This morning I am not seeing any AI aircraft either. I see them on the ground at departure airport. Flying off line and I see them in the Traffic monitor, and my ATC program talks to them, but nothing on the moving map. I have altitudes set for 22000 below and 9000 above, cursing at 35000 feet. 

10 Minutes later. Some AI popped up. I wonder if this has something to do with the FSUIPC AI traffic limiter that I use. I will have to look at the settings after this flight. 

I'm experiencing the same problem flying offline using both the local and remote clients. I see traffic on the ground and occasionally traffic in the air but not anything close to what traffic monitor is showing. Flying out of KLAX there is tons of traffic using UTL.

BTW, I don't recall this happening before last update. I think that was Build 54 server and 71 client.

Richard

49 minutes ago, RWalls said:

I'm experiencing the same problem flying offline using both the local and remote clients. I see traffic on the ground and occasionally traffic in the air but not anything close to what traffic monitor is showing. Flying out of KLAX there is tons of traffic using UTL.

BTW, I don't recall this happening before last update. I think that was Build 54 server and 71 client.

Richard

I agree, I had all kinds of AI traffic before this last update. Client Build 71  Server 54. Now I am lucky if I see one aircraft in the air. P3D version 3.4 My Traffic 6. 

OK, the AI traffic display in EFB is definetly not working. I just took off from KATL, and saw no AI traffic at all except on the ground. I looked at the Traffic Monitor in the server and it shows 4 airborne aircraft, of which I see none of them. It also shows about 50 aircraft on the ground. Now I fired up Plan G3, because it displays AZI traffic too. Plan G shows me about 13 airborne aircraft. 

After 5 minutes of flying south away from KATL, on AI is showing. 

25 minutes into flight, Plan G3 is showing me 11 AI airborne aircraft.  EFB, zero.  

3 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

It's weird ... but it has nothing to do with the latest update. I have definitely nothing changed in that area. Will investigate further ...

Wasn't  there some kind of traffic update in the last couple of days for IVAO? Could that have changed something for Offline traffic. ? My guess is if I could somehow install the previous version of Client and Server, my AI traffic which was working very well with it , would return. (#70 Client and #53 server.)  

As we are speaking of BLUE traffic, it's totally irrelevant "who" injects these aircraft. It might be the sim AI engine or a network client for VATSIM and IVAO. They all "look" the same on FSUIPC, so EFB can't distinguish them. It's just AI traffic. FSUIPC usually does some filtering (40NM unless you have the paid version and extend the limit), so you will only see traffic in the proximity to your current aircraft position. If the traffic monitor shows traffic, most probably the filtering (altitude) in your client is an issue. If you have no traffic in the traffic monitor, it is either too far away or there is really something wrong.

To be honest, for now I don't really know what you can do. It works flawless on my system, so it's also hard to investigate. Anyway, any further finding or systematic you can observe, please report it here.

2 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

As we are speaking of BLUE traffic, it's totally irrelevant "who" injects these aircraft. It might be the sim AI engine or a network client for VATSIM and IVAO. They all "look" the same on FSUIPC, so EFB can't distinguish them. It's just AI traffic. FSUIPC usually does some filtering (40NM unless you have the paid version and extend the limit), so you will only see traffic in the proximity to your current aircraft position. If the traffic monitor shows traffic, most probably the filtering (altitude) in your client is an issue. If you have no traffic in the traffic monitor, it is either too far away or there is really something wrong.

To be honest, for now I don't really know what you can do. It works flawless on my system, so it's also hard to investigate. Anyway, any further finding or systematic you can observe, please report it here.

I looked at the FSUIPC settings in my paid version just now. There is a setting for TCAS limit which was at 40 and another setting for AI limit which was at 50. By toggling the TCAS limit from 40 to 0 ( which is unlimited) I could get AI aircraft to appear where there were none before. I didn't see the same effect for AI limit have the same effect. So apparently the AI would only show in EFB, with my original default setting of TCAS limit  of 40,  if the AI was within 40 miles, otherwise nothing. 

I had not changed anything ever in these FSUIPC  settings for years , and I had many AI aircraft showing up as recently as 2 days ago in EFB, so I am not sure if this is a solution or not. Going to fly a couple of flights tomorrow and see if my AI volume returns to what it was 2 days ago.  . The bottom line is something happened in the last update that changed the amount of AI traffic I was seeing drastically. 

I have been experiencing some issue with the traffic as well. I have them on the ground, I have them near the ground but I sometimes lose them at high altitude. I have the filter set to 99999, and -99999 so that isnt the issue. i have fsuipc set to 110 miles and vpilot is set to 100 miles.  The traffic monitor shows one thing and the display shows nothing.

EFB2.2.png

EFB2.1.png

3 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

I wish they would make the previous version of EFB before the last update, available for download. 

I know you think it changed with the last update. But even if it did for you, the update wasn't the cause as there was no change of code in this matter (as Urs already wrote). And even if there was, it wouldn't help us for the further analysis of this problem.

I think Bobs (or whatever your name is, @bobsk8 check https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/) report shows us the direction to go. The output of FSUIPC is sometimes a bit, let's say, suspicious. You can see in Tims post that also in the columns ICAO from/to, where the values don't seem to be right. Having identified this quite some time ago, there is still clarification needed with Pete (developer of FSUIPC). And there are maybe more settings in FSUIPC that influence the display of AI traffic than we are currently aware of. In this context, it is interesting to read that the TCAS setting actually changed the display of aircraft. But I think this is a valuable piece of information for further analysis. Thanks for your efforts!