Double VOR Entries

Urs, after updating FSAerodata with AIRAC 1808 and disabling and enabling it again, I got a clean DB build. The double entries of DME's in Rhodes and Dalaman have  also gone. But...I noticed some other DME's with double entries as Basel BLM 117.45 and Saronno SRN 113.7. Maybe there are a few more around the  globe but as EFB is running without problems, I think we can leave it as it is. Thank you and all others for your help. 

Rgds Roland

Hey Roland

First, I would make sure the issue is really originating again from FS Aerodata. For this, deactivate the scenery entries for FS Aerodata and update the EFB database. If the double entries are gone by then, report the specific navaids best directly to FS Aerodata.

@alpha117 Careful, there are two separate issues. Read again the post from Urs:

However, I checked my own installation and I have a double entry for BLM as well, not for SRN. Didn't find out where the double BLM comes from. But SRN could be linked to a scenery (most probably BLM as well but I didn't find out which one yet). @Roland Knöpfel Do you have add-on sceneries in your database in the region of SRN?

I deactivated all FSAerodata scenery entries as well as my sceneries for Milano Linate and Malpensa respectively. I still have the double entries for Basel and Saronno. I have also installed Genoa and Turin but I think those airports are too far away to interfere with Saronno. I also use Switzerland Pro but I am not sure if they have Navaids in their scenery at all.

I had contact with José from fsaerodata and after running the BGL Facility Scanner from Hervé Sors, I reported to Joseé back as follows:

Thank you José. The culprit is Switzerland Pro scenery from FlyLogic. I saw in the log file of the EFB V2 Server that some of the Switzerland Pro sceneries are excluded but not all. In this case all of the duplicates are in the CHPROX_apts folder which seems not to be excluded. I have to investigate with Urs and his team. Many thanks to you for your help.

Rgds Roland

Unquote

Can I exclude the above mentioned folder by myself or do you have to include it in the database manager?

Rgds Roland

SRN.PNG.3706ce4c4ebd3541cdf1a8d31ed33e62.PNG

10 hours ago, Roland Knöpfel said:

BGL Facility Scanner

Thank you for this excellent analysis. Didn't know this tool before, but it is definitely of help here! I allow myself to post here the direct link, so everyone running into the issue that a navaid has multiple labels, can analyse his own library and find the contributing BGL files.

http://www.aero.sors.fr/bgltools.html

I was able to detect my "dispute" between the sceneries of Grenchen and Basel. However, ruling one scenery out did only work by using the "BglSceneryExclude.txt" file, as described by Urs. I already tried to locate the "faulty" scenery earlier by deactivating also those sceneries in my library. But obviously, this isn't considered by the DB Builder, at least for navaids. Is this how it should be? I would have expected any bgl not considered at all also by EFB unless the "scan all" option is activated. And it is not on my system.