Double VOR Entries

Hi Roland

Can you check in the flight planner of the sim where a simple map is shown if that issue is also present. I assume it's an issue of "you see what you get from your simulator". Or in other words, that your simulator has those VOR definitions in its database actually twice. Usually, add-on sceneries should cope with that correctly. What exact scenery of Rhodes do you have installed? Can you check your scenery priorities if they eventuelly cause the issue?

7 hours ago, Roland Knöpfel said:

I have noticed that I have for some VOR's double entries. Pls refer to the attached pic. In Rhodes I have installed an add-on scenery but for Dalaman not, and both VOR's are shown twice. I also use FSAerodata. Could that be the reason for double entries?

Yes, fsAerodata is known to produce double entries. I use Hervé Sors' Navigation Updates. This works without porblems. And with EFB v2 we don't need any default procedures being updated...:)

@Jonas: in the simple map not present.

@Oskar: disabled FSAerodata in the scenery library and run the databasebuilder with unchecking "scan all scenery files, regardless of Active = True or False" and the double entries were not present anymore. I will try Hervé Sors' Navigation Updates.

Thank you to both of you for your help, which is much appreciated.

Rgds Roland

Some additional information:

It might be that the one is a VOR and the other is just a DME. You won't see it on the screen because the symbols are at the same position superimposed by each other. From the label you can't distinguish it because both have the same content. The two navaids "RODOS" are also not at the same position. There is a slight difference. The other navaids "DALAMAN" seems to be at the same position but you could verify it better when selecting the option "Show navaid position as decimal value" in the Client's settings ("Miscellaneous tab").

As long as two (or more) navaids at the "same" position are not really different in type, name, identifier, frequency,  EFB will always display all of them.

The worlwide database lists 1 navaid with the identifier RDS:

RDS, Rodos, VORDME, 115.800, LG (VOR & DME colocated)

and

4 navaids with the identifier DAL:

DAL, Dalaman, NDB, 346.000, LT

DAL, Dalaman, VORDME, 114.700, LT  (VOR & DME colocated)

DAL, Aateibe, NDB, 342.000, OS

DAL, Dali, VORDME, 112.600, ZP (VOR & DME colocated)

Good hint Urs & Oski! Maybe even the root cause for these kind of problems could be rounding problems on the position of navaids. Looking at the screenshot of Roland, you can see that the latitude of RDS differs by a tenth of a minute (N36°20.4' vs. N36°20.5'). It's not the case for DAL. But as far as I know, the original position data is more accurate than the numbers presented by EFB. So the issue with a tool like FS Aerodata may simply derive from position data, that doesn't match with existing navaid position data. As the screenshots also shows only VORs activated, I think this is more likely than an unintended overlay of different navaids.

@Roland Knöpfel maybe with this information, you can raise the issue with FS Aerodata? As EFB takes only what it gets from the sim database, it simply shows you the outcome of data manipulations by other apps. If you get any feedback, please post it here as well. Thanks.

I found a logfile which shows that the dbDataBuilder listed 9 warnings and 4 errors. It seems that these warnings and errors have to do with FSAerodata as expected. Can you have a look into this before I raise this issue with FSAerodata. I disabled FSAerodata and run the DB again and the result was as expected: n174386435_AivlasoftdbBuilderLogfile_extract01.thumb.PNG.6b93d6769e27dfba25cfee09434a7c19.PNGo warnings and errors anymore. Thank you.

1 hour ago, Roland Knöpfel said:

I found a logfile which shows that the dbDataBuilder listed 9 warnings and 4 errors. It seems that these warnings and errors have to do with FSAerodata as expected. Can you have a look into this before I raise this issue with FSAerodata. I disabled FSAerodata and run the DB again and the result was as expected: no warnings and errors anymore. Thank you.

I must leave this to Urs, as he has dealt once with a fsAerodata installation and double entries. At first glace I would presume that this is exactly the case what he told me about those double entries. Anyway not too dangerous as operation of EFB v2 is normally not hampered by this. Just looking a bit odd with twice the same navaid ?

On 7/15/2018 at 9:13 AM, Roland Knöpfel said:

I found a logfile which shows that the dbDataBuilder listed 9 warnings and 4 errors. It seems that these warnings and errors have to do with FSAerodata as expected. Can you have a look into this before I raise this issue with FSAerodata. I disabled FSAerodata and run the DB again and the result was as expected: n174386435_AivlasoftdbBuilderLogfile_extract01.thumb.PNG.6b93d6769e27dfba25cfee09434a7c19.PNGo warnings and errors anymore. Thank you.

After some investigation it seems that some of the fsAerodata BGL files contain erroneous runway identifiers. I'm already in touch with the developer so no further action on your side is currently required. I will let you know about the required proceeding.

@Roland Knöpfel

Some additional and important information:

Your original post reported two different issues:

1) doubled navaids
2) errors in the log file related to erroneous BGL files

According to the answer from the fsAerodata developer:
- Issue number 2 will be solved with the next AIRAC cycle, which is available this Thursday
- Issue number 1 is because fsAerodata seems to be not enabled. I also ran into this when I first installed it on my computer. You have to start fsAerodata Config Tool (right mouse click and then 'run as adminstrator'). Most probably the button on the lower right side reads 'Disable'. Press this button once to disable the system. After the system has been disabled, select your simulator from the top left selection box and press the lower right button which now reads 'Enable'.

After the system has been re-enabled you may verify it by opening the scenery.cfg in "C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4". At the end of this file two entries from fsAerodata must be found, similar to this (from my FSX installation). Both scenery entries must be "Active=TRUE".

[Area.124]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=D:\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Layer=124
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.125]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=D:\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\FSX\PROC
Layer=125
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

If all of the above is OK, run the Database-Builder from EFB v2, second tab "Update simulator" and create a new database.
Now the doubled navaids should be gone.

I updated this am to 1808rev1 and i believe the fsaerodata is not corrected..may be wrong and something else.

Need some expert eyes,

2018-07-18 16:43:38.546   Error   : L94, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-07-18 16:43:38.551   Warning : L94, C:\Users\UNC1RLM1\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL
2018-07-18 16:43:38.551   Warning : L94 will not be available in EFB database
2018-07-18 16:43:39.171   Error   : P48, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-07-18 16:43:39.171   Warning : P48, C:\Users\UNC1RLM1\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL
2018-07-18 16:43:39.171   Warning : P48 will not be available in EFB database
2018-07-18 16:43:42.234   Error   : 37XA, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-07-18 16:43:42.234   Warning : 37XA, C:\Users\UNC1RLM1\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL
2018-07-18 16:43:42.234   Warning : 37XA will not be available in EFB database
2018-07-18 16:43:53.088   Error   : DAOF, An item with the same key has already been added.
2018-07-18 16:43:53.088   Warning : DAOF, C:\Users\UNC1RLM1\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL
2018-07-18 16:43:53.088   Warning : DAOF, C:\Users\UNC1RLM1\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC\scenery\DAOF.BGL
2018-07-18 16:43:53.088   Warning : DAOF will not be available in EFB database

Thanks,

Bob M.

Server_201807190756.txt.zip