Error on building DATABASE

Juergen2

Hi,

I am a longtime user of EFB1 and just purchased EFB2 rather than the demo.

I tried to install the Server, which went ok, but I received this error when it was finished building a DATABASE (see screenshot):

https://www.flickr.com/photos/141330124@N05/shares/7x207d

The database is trying to locate a directory that does not exist? C:>User>User Name>Documents>Scenery>Base>Scenery>magdec.bgl????

This file is located in my FSX-SE root directory under Scenery>Base>Scenery>magdec.bgl.

I simply can't check the installation since the server never builds a Database.

Thanks for help

Hi Jonas,

Yes, I can find the listed directory in my scenery folder. As I mentioned in my initial post: this directory and the file is in my FSX-SE root directory.

No, I never changed anything in the registry.

For the log files: I assume I have to start the "Server" to access "Sytem and Log Files"?

I can't start the server since a Caution is displayed "No database available. Database Builder will start now. If I press OK, the database generation will produce the error and stop.

Thanks

That is a log from v1, so no help in this case.

Please help me to understand why you don't follow my advise in creating a log. Maybe you can do it with the help of the manuals (3 Server, Chapter 2.4)? If yes, please upload the file here. The manuals are also in the EFB folder in your start menu and in the forum (see link below).

The problem is that the folder C:\Users\Juergen\Documents\Scenery\BASE read from your scenery.cfg doesn't exist. According the log, actually none of the folders listed can be found. So it looks like your scenery.cfg is either completely messed up or your registry points to a (for whatever reason) old/wrong scenery.cfg.

Please check if the scenery.cfg located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Fsx\scenery.cfg is the one that should be used. For testing, make sure your sim is not running and you start the EFB server with admin rights.

Jonas,

I certainly appreciate your efforts, however mostly I don't understand what you want me to do:

2 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

Please check if the scenery.cfg located at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Fsx\scenery.cfg is the one that should be used.

I don't know if this is the scenery.cfg that should be used? Yes, there is a scenery.cfg located in the folder you listed!

2 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

For testing, make sure your sim is not running and you start the EFB server with admin rights.

Same error, but I didn't change anything.

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY: Check if scenery.cfg, located at ...... is the one that should be used???????

Thanks

First of all, It seems that the path to the installation folder of your FSX-SE is not correct. This path initially comes from the registry database, or (very seldom, when not found therein) it has to be selected by the user.

Can you please do the following:

1) Quit EFB Client, quit EFB Server, quit EFB Database Builder

2) Delete the following file C:\Users\Juergen\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\Settings\serverSettings.txt

3) Start the "Database-Builder"

4) Select the first (most left) tab named "Create / Select EFB Database"

5) In the list of databases, select (if any) the database and press "Delete". When no database is available anymore, the "Create new database" dialog will open automatically.

6) On the dialog "Create new database", "Step 1: ..." select the simulator type "FSX-SE" and then EFB is trying to read the installation folder from the registry.

Can you provide a screenshot from this dialog?

On the Database-Builder window, press the button on the right side of the yellow text box and then navigate to the installation folder of FSX-SE ( C:>Program Files (x86)>Steam>steamapps>common>FSX ). Before pressing the "Next" button, please make another screenshot, then press Next. Select your navdata provider, then press "Finish". Now the building process for a new database will start.

It still might be that a lot of errors will be generated, because that's what Jonas already pointed out, maybe many of the paths in the file "scenery.cfg" could be wrong. But first, please try creating a new database and then let us know the result. And please don't forget to upload the screenshot before pressing "Next". Thanks.