Load Flight Plan into Garmin GPS

Dane

Looking for help on this matter.

I am obviously doing something wrong or missing a step because I know EFB2 is supposed to automatically load a created flight plan into the default aircraft GPS but I am just not seeing that happen or be able to fly the plan with auto pilot and CDI selected to GPS.

I have tried it with my P3D v4.3 default Carenado A36 Bonanza GNS as well as my Carenado C337 Skymaster with the Integrated GTN750

6 minutes ago, Mr. ATC said:

I think it's the other way round than you think. EFB can forward its flight plan automatically to the default GPS. See Manual 5 Client - Chapter 12.2.8.

Thank you for your quick response.

Maybe my wording was wrong in what I said.

I have read the manual and in fact spent a lot a time trying to absorb it all. I thought that Client Chapter 12.2.8 meant that when a flight plan is created it would forward that plan into the GPS so that you would not have to manually create the plan in the GPS - and it seems to do that through the file EFB_current_gps.pln.

Am i correct in my thinking? If yes then when I look at the GPS shouldn't I see the route?

1 hour ago, Dane said:

Thank you for your quick response.

Maybe my wording was wrong in what I said.

I have read the manual and in fact spent a lot a time trying to absorb it all. I thought that Client Chapter 12.2.8 meant that when a flight plan is created it would forward that plan into the GPS so that you would not have to manually create the plan in the GPS - and it seems to do that through the file EFB_current_gps.pln.

Am i correct in my thinking? If yes then when I look at the GPS shouldn't I see the route?

That's correct. the moment when you hit the "Finish" button on the FPL windown it will be transferred into the GPS and consecutively after every change, be it when adding procedures or when using the "Dir TO" function inflight.

21 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

That's correct. the moment when you hit the "Finish" button on the FPL windown it will be transferred into the GPS and consecutively after every change, be it when adding procedures or when using the "Dir TO" function inflight.

OK - I do understand what Mr. ATC and lonewulf47 has said and I do see the flight plan route in my GPS but when I activate the autopilot and change CDI to GPS the aircraft does not follow the route but in every case that I have tested the aircraft turns north to 0 degrees. I just don't get it.

Now let me say that the default GPS is the GNS 430 (maybe this GPS is a problem?). I used this GPS as I guess there is no way for EFB to integrate with the GTN750 which is my preferred GPS.

On 7/9/2018 at 6:57 AM, aivlasoft said:

EFB v2 does only support the default GPS system which comes with the default installation of either P3D or FSX. No add-on GPS systems are supported yet.

Thanks Urs - I like how you ended your comment with - yet

It sure would be wonderful to see EFB2 integrate with the Flight1 GTN750 GPS

On 7/12/2018 at 6:51 AM, Dane said:

integrate with the Flight1 GTN750 GPS

That would be an elegant way to get the current airac data into...

But then I suppose that this will get some lawyers' feed... ;)