Startup Order

chumley

24 minutes ago, chumley said:

Is it mandatory to start EFB before P3D or is the error box I keep getting when starting after P3D a bug?

No, no starting order required. What error box do you see? Do you start the Server as Administrator? This is MANDATORY (see also User Manual).

I thought I did have the Server starting as Administrator but it turns out the Icon pinned to the taskbar was not whilst the shortcut on the Desktop had been changed but obviously after I copied it to the taskbar.

The message which had the word 'boolean' in it did not get in the way today but I still need two (at least) shots to get to the point where the program tells me how many days are left of the trial mode.

Regardless the main issue is resolved so I can now get on with checking out EFB2 which looks very good thus far.

Thanks

Hi Andy,

Hope you’re keeping well. ? I start the server via FSUIPC. There doesn’t seem any point starting it before P3D is ready. And having it done by another process means one less thing has to be done manually.

If you have the paid for version the manual has all the info on how to do this. You can either start the server immediately or when P3D is ready. i.e. at a gate. I choose the latter method.

Hey Ray - long time since the days of Radar Contact :grin:. Hope you are well too.

Good comment re - FSUIPC. I think that may be something I did with an earlier version or the weather or something. must look into it once more. Thanks for the pointer/reminder.

My simming has taken a back seat of recent times due to numerous visits to Europe since I retired six years ago - almost annually for one reason or another.

Getting back into it now and looking at ways to dispense with the keyboard and mouse or at least send them into semi-retirement.