Setting Departure in flight plan

Roland

Hello,

I'm just doing my first flights with the new tool, looks great so far. Nice Job.

Nevertheless I've one small problem. If save the route to P3D it works and appears in ATC menu but If I set FPL on departure it disappears immediately and I can get it only back if I clear and create a new plan.

image.thumb.png.d6b65aab0f2b07fc71994498a6dda733.png

Thanks and nice day,

Roland

Whenever the flight plan changes in EFB, the file 'EFB_current_gps.pln' will be re-written in the flight simulator's 'flight plan folder'. This is the pln-file which will then be loaded into the simulators GPS system (if this option is selected in the currently loaded aircraft profile in EFB).

If you press "Set FPL" and you already have a FPL created, then the waypoints from the selected procedure will be copied/inserted into the already created flight plan. Thus the flight plan gets enriched.

If you press "Set FPL" when no flight plan is created yet, a new flight plan will be created with the origin AND the destination airport set to your current active airport (in your screenshot LFPG).

So far the description of what happens when you press the "Set FPL" button.

Now the question is, how acts any other program which is observing the simulators 'flight plan folder' for any file changes?

Thanks from your prompt answer.

So to be a more precise, I crated flight plan and saved and loaded to p3d ( enabled in the profile) but without SID/STAR. It perfectly appeared in P3D GPS, ATC menu showed "Request IFR Clearance".

When start the final planning I entered the SID using "DEP" and "Set FPL". I've checked and yes, EFB_current_gps.pln  file was modified but instead of loading the new flight plan with the SID inserted, the entire flight plan somehow disappeared from the p3d GPS system. If I do this with the "ARR" and STAR and "Set FPL"  then its correctly saved an loaded into P3D and appears in P3D GPS. So it seems for me there is problem with DEP loading...  :)

Thanks.

Can you provide the following items, so I can try to reproduce it here:

1) the detailed routing which you used for the initial setup of the GPS

2) which SID (incl. transition) did you select at which airport

3) which AIRAC cycle do you use, and from which provider

4) additionally, can you tell me which aircraft did you use in P3D

I used the latest AIRAC cycle from navigraph (1807). I tried different routes now, here is the details with the last one. Initial l flight plan was create by FFPX (EHAMLSZH.efbr). This time I selected departure EHAM, RWY 9 and SID->REND1N, no transition. Aircraft PMDG 738. 

EFB_current_gps_with_arr.pln

EFB_current_gps_with_dep.pln

EFB_current_gps_initial_without_sid&star.pln

EHAMLSZH01.efbr

Thanks for the files and information. I cannot reproduce the behavior that you described.

I placed the aircraft at EHAM runway 9 and entered the routing string "EHAM EDUPO UZ738 TUSUK Y852 NATOR T723 RILAX LSZH" into the Copy/Paste text box to create an initial flight plan. This flight plan shows up in the GPS system of the simulator.

Then I opened the PROC window, selected runway 9 and the REND1N departure, pressed "Set FPL" and the waypoints from this SID have been inserted into the flight plan in EFB, which itself was automatically forwarded to the GPS system of the simulator.

You are aware of the fact that this GPS system is NOT used in any way by an FMC equipped aircraft like the PMDG 738 is?

Hi thanks for the test.

I did not use the PROC button just the DEP and then SID. My workaround is right now to insert the SID after clearance requested, in the case work without any problem. Strange :)

Anyway, if I have this issue only then the problem seems to be in my configuration, maybe some other add-on....

Yes, I know GPS system is NOT used in FMC equipped aircraft . I just use this to have a kind of ATC service.

Once again, thank you for your immediate support and have a nice evening.

11 hours ago, Roland said:

I did not use the PROC button just the DEP and then SID

How can you select a procedure without opening the procedure window using the PROC button (I'm just curious ...), and what do you mean with the DEP (button?).