ley

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, ley said:

I also noticed not all R/W ILS are up to date even with the latest Nav Data.

any help much appreciated.

EFB v2 does not use ILS data from ARINC for an apparent reasaon: FSX or any of it's derivatives can only tune freqencies that are read from BGL's (be it Add-On or default). To improve this situation we highly recommend to use Hervé Sors' NavDatabase Update (Freeware)  http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html For Europe the ILS frequencies are updated in the regular "World Navaid Package". For additional coverage of worldwide ILS' use the "ILS regional update (World except Europe)".

8 hours ago, ley said:

Hi, I have tried again  to show vpilot traffic on the map. I have work with the manual and no luck. Any idea?

Thanks.

Trouble shooting:

1) open the "Traffic monitor" from the Server's "System" menu. The Traffic monitor shows the output from FSUIPC/Simulator.

2) if you have a registered version of FSUIPC, please check the radius for traffic display. The free version is set to a default radius of 40NM I guess.

3) on the Client's settings, tab "Aircraft": There you can select the upper and lower limit of the traffic to be displayed. These values are related to your aircraft's altitude.

4) Check whether the option buttons "TRFC" and "T/LBL" are selected on the Client's chart options.

4 hours ago, ley said:

This only shows simulator traffic, and not vatsim traffic.

In fact, network traffic is AI traffic in your simulator. The network client is working in a way as AI engine. Please describe the situations when you see traffic and when you don't including at least:

• The network selected (global settings)
  • Your simulator (type and version)
  • Your network client

Hi, I managed to get it working by reinstalling again. However when I select the option to display vatsim traffic within EFB 2 gives green light,  still no ground vatsim traffic? The only way for me to see vatsim traffic is login to vpilot then I have vatsim ground/air traffic up to 5000ft as set.  I would like to see vatsim ground traffic before login with vpilot, as not to take someone stand.

I also installed in FSX Se, new problem here can't move the aircraft from default airport LSZH ? as with regards vatsim selection and green light I have vatsim traffic without vpilot on, and deselect vatsim to none vatsim traffic gone this part is working ok in fsx se. If any idea to the above would be much appreciated.?

Once you select the network, you need the client some time to download the latest data dump of the network.

I didn't really understand your second part of your last post. Maybe just follow my request and list the mentioned parameters. So everyone is aware what you are talking about. If you have different use cases, name them and distinguish clearly between them.

I'm having the same problem.  I don't seen any ai or vatsim traffic.

p3dv4

traffic global

vpilot

went through steps above

fsuipc set to unlimited

global profile set to +5000, -5000

everything is on one computer

everything is toggled on

8 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

In fact, network traffic is AI traffic in your simulator. The network client is working in a way as AI engine. Please describe the situations when you see traffic and when you don't including at least:

• The network selected (global settings)
  • Your simulator (type and version)
  • Your network client

Something is definitely not right regarding this issue.

P3d 4.3

VATSIM

Vpilot with BVAI ai

I CAN see other traffic while on ground. When I'm airborne all of the traffic is gone from EFB.

I assume this is while you are connected to the network, so using the pilot clients engine to generate AI traffic.

There is a different filtering for the two types of map. In ground mode, "static" traffic (traffic not moving and therefore determined to be on ground) is shown as well. In the world mode, this static traffic is no longer shown (because it will be most probably irrelevant). But you should still see any other airborne traffic in your area. However, what traffic you see depends on your pilot client settings and those of FSUIPC. If you can't see any traffic in a situation where you expect to, please check the traffic monitor of the EFB server and verify if the list is empty or not. Thanks for your reports on this.

10 hours ago, Mr. ATC said:

I assume this is while you are connected to the network, so using the pilot clients engine to generate AI traffic.

There is a different filtering for the two types of map. In ground mode, "static" traffic (traffic not moving and therefore determined to be on ground) is shown as well. In the world mode, this static traffic is no longer shown (because it will be most probably irrelevant). But you should still see any other airborne traffic in your area. However, what traffic you see depends on your pilot client settings and those of FSUIPC. If you can't see any traffic in a situation where you expect to, please check the traffic monitor of the EFB server and verify if the list is empty or not. Thanks for your reports on this.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I know that when I'm airborne since I was a EFB1 user that I wont see other grounded aircrafts.  The problem lies when I'm flying.

Here is some screenshots for example.

https://i.imgur.com/e3oMjyq.png

https://i.imgur.com/mrqaqYb.png

yQmzncL.png

I'd like to put in my 2 cent into this issue. I see Vatsim traffic on the ground BEFORE logging in on vPilot, but once I log in the traffic is gone. Here's a sample screenshot from the sim: 

qRiLwEu.jpg

As you can see, the Edelweiss aircraft is there, pushing back behind me.

Tlv4XkQ.png

On the overview map, I see no aircraft. TRFC is selected, VATSIM is green.

KtT6N3H.png

Traffic monitor is blank.

So, what gives? I *really* want to gbe able to see traffic on the ground...

If you can't see online traffic while the network client is connected, check that it was started with admin rights. So, additionally to the EFB server, also the network client (vPilot, IvAP, ...) shall be run with admin right. Please check then again what you can see on the map and in the traffic monitor of the EFB server.

thanks for the reply Mr ATC I checked that efb server and client start with admin rights and perfect I now see traffic on the ground, started p3d and the traffic disappeared so then logged onto vpilot which I started with admin rights and nothing again no vatsim traffic visible and nothing showing in the efb server traffic monitor

Thanks Kevin (I guess this is your name, please state it according the forum rules). So to conclude:

• Simulator (what ever you have) running with admin rights
  • EFB server running with admin rights
  • Network client (vPilot, IvAP, ...) running with admin rights

Does that solve the issue with traffic displayed while connected to the network for everyone?

No! The only time this is working for me is when connected to vpilot, I then have traffic i.e. Vatsim traffic, this I am o.k with. For the life of me can not get vatsim traffic before going to vpilot. Yes I have done all the above. Correct me if I am wrong! I should be able to see vatsim traffic when i am on the ground before going to vpilot. 

Thanks.

7 hours ago, ley said:

Correct me if I am wrong! I should be able to see vatsim traffic when i am on the ground before going to vpilot.

That's true. I was able to partly reproduce the issue. When you see no network traffic when not connected to the network, check if it is loaded after you restart the EFB server. You may then have to wait a few seconds (up to 30), but then the traffic should be displayed. It seems the EFB server sometimes does not switch back to the offline display where you would expect so. I could kind of force it by restarting the server. Would be interesting if that works for you as well.

However I'll do some further analysis and inform Urs about my findings. I'll keep you informed.