Server cannot be reached

Hi,

I'm trying to evaluate the demo of the EFB V2, but it is almost impossible due to the inability to reach any server to verify my demo license. I am connected to the internet, I can open all webpages (like this forum), download files etc., but I cannot reach your server. All exceptions are set in the Firewall and the antivirus program, port 13 is open.

What else could I try to get a connection to further evaluate the software? Trying up to 20 times before a connection gets established is not too promising.

Sorry you are not having much luck.

I ran into similar problems.

I can only pass my findings along to you which helped solve some of the issues.

Re connection issues, I found that Port 13 had to be configured as an Outbound rule within Windows Defender.

I also found out it is easy to misconfigure the port.

If you access the Outbound rule you created for this open port, select Properties  and then go to the Protocols and Ports tab, you want to make sure "13" is set to a Local Port.

Mine was set to the Remote port when I set up the rule initially and this gave me the connection failure.

As for your other AV program, it depends upon which one you use and it's appropriate settings for the port. Maybe you could share which AV program you have so someone else can comment? You could also try disabling your AV completely and just try with configuring Windows Defender to open Port 13. Basically simplify the set up.

Hope this helps a little??

Regards

Mark

Thanks, it did.

I will check the port settings once more. The settings for the AV and the firewall are correct, the connection does not establish any better with both programs turned off.

What is confusing is, that the connection works after several attempts just fine, with the next try the same error about not being able to connect appears again. 

So yesterday the server finally connected, updated itself to the latest build, shut itself down again and would not reconnect. 

Anyway, I will check Port 13 again.

Hello!

I had the same problem, I configured the PORT 13 with an outbound rule and finally was able to create the database. But everytime I start the server now it asks me about activating the license and enter my name and mail... I use the Demo at this time.

Do you guys also have to enter it on every start?

1 hour ago, Rhinozherous said:

After buying the  license the problem is gone.

That's because the program is no longer in Demo mode and not checking a time server to make sure it hasn't expired.

I used to wonder how applications kept track of elapsed time. Now I know.