Difference between ver.1 and ver.2 ground charts

Hi,

congratulation for this new and promising release of the iconic  - and in my opinion - indispensable  tool for flightsimming.

Allow me one question: What is the difference between the version 1 ground charts and the version 2 ground charts. aren t they both generated from the fs data in the same way ore are the EFB2 charts more detailed or precise?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Mike

On the subject of ground charts, I departed London Gatwick yesterday (UK2000) airfield and was very impressed with the Taxiway markings but noticed there was no runway holding points.   Other airfields like Isle of Man EGNS shows runway holding points - where does EFB2 get this information from ? 

Glen

Just now, GAJ52 said:

On the subject of ground charts, I departed London Gatwick yesterday (UK2000) airfield and was very impressed with the Taxiway markings but noticed there was no runway holding points.   Other airfields like Isle of Man EGNS shows runway holding points - where does EFB2 get this information from ? 

All these information are derived from the respective BGLs. If nothing is in the BGLs, nothing can be drawn. Even Add-On Dsigners do not always include in their BGLs. If those lines e.g. are only "drawn" on the grpahic surface (bitmap), EFB v2 cannot see them of course.