Topcat

unc1rlm

Sorry..little rusty...there (Topcat)  installation lack a little to be desired and since there development is nil...I have a server and client and I don't know which machine to install on and how to integrate it into EFB v2.1? I looked thru all the manuals for EFB and couldn't find the answer.

I know you all have more important things to think about..lol

Best regards,

BobM.

Got it installed on client machine but how does efb know it's there. I run the topcat from inside efb and  I get the message about making sure I have version so and so etc..I will look at it again....outside on my tablet thinking about it. I have version 2.74 or last one topcat did...It's  kinda like all the steps you had to go through to integrate it into pfpx because it wouldn't show up in the tabs....

Thanks...

Bob M.

On 7/4/2018 at 1:39 PM, lonewulf47 said:

EFB v2 knows the installation path of Topcat if it's on the same computer as the Client ?

Sorry.. when I go into Proc....Performance...It says Airport Not Available in Topcat for departure and arrival and I am not sure the Topcat database is up to date ( know its not developed anymore and nobody has been on there forum in 2 or 3 years but maybe someone could shed a little help for all us old geezers who can't remember anything :) Thanks lonewulf47

Bob M.

On 7/4/2018 at 12:39 PM, unc1rlm said:

Got it installed on client machine but how does efb know it's there. I run the topcat from inside efb and  I get the message about making sure I have version so and so etc..I will look at it again....outside on my tablet thinking about it. I have version 2.74 or last one topcat did...It's  kinda like all the steps you had to go through to integrate it into pfpx because it wouldn't show up in the tabs....

Thanks...

Bob M.

Try rebooting, worked for me.

On 7/6/2018 at 6:09 PM, aivlasoft said:

Which airport? ICAO code?

Latest version of TOPCAT is 2.74, but I also don't know whether the TOPCAT database on my system is the latest available. I have Rev 09.1 from 21 Jan 2011. Seems to be very old ?

My database is 16 June 2018 updated using Navagraph.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I have the problem that Topcat is recognized, but I can not select a profile (as shown in the picture). Topcat is installed on the same computer as the client (Win7). This computer is networked to the computer where Prepar3d and EFB Server are installed (Win 10). The client is also installed there, as well Topcat and everything works perfectly there. What am I doing wrong on the networked computer?

Thanks,

Matthias

Unbenannt.thumb.PNG.7850968534dce1399099a20e93336122.PNG

1 hour ago, Gizzo82 said:

Hello!

I have the problem that Topcat is recognized, but I can not select a profile (as shown in the picture). Topcat is installed on the same computer as the client (Win7). This computer is networked to the computer where Prepar3d and EFB Server are installed (Win 10). The client is also installed there, as well Topcat and everything works perfectly there. What am I doing wrong on the networked computer?

Thanks,

Matthias

Am I right with the assumption that the screenshot is taken from a "Slave Client", i.e. a second client running networked but not on the same machine as TOPCAP is installed? That's at least my interpretation of your report and the screenshot. This would in any case not work. The performance calculation must be initialized from the Client on the same machine as TOPCAT.

22 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Am I right with the assumption that the screenshot is taken from a "Slave Client", i.e. a second client running networked but not on the same machine as TOPCAP is installed? That's at least my interpretation of your report and the screenshot. This would in any case not work. The performance calculation must be initialized from the Client on the same machine as TOPCAT.

then I probably expressed myself wrong ... just for information, my English could be better :-)
Topcat is installed on the network connected computer. Also, as  "master client" (as seen on the screenshot), it does not work. For testing, I have also installed a client and Topcat on the computer with Prepar3d and EFB server, everything works there correctly.

2.thumb.PNG.71a6eec83c5da54bffa3fe1169000897.PNG

17 hours ago, Gizzo82 said:

I have the problem that Topcat is recognized, but I can not select a profile (as shown in the picture)

EFB reads your own aircraft database from TOPCAT, not the list of all available aircraft in TOPCAT.

Try create your own aircraft in TOPCAT and EFB will read them.

2 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

EFB reads your own aircraft database from TOPCAT, not the list of all available aircraft in TOPCAT.

Try create your own aircraft in TOPCAT and EFB will read them.

I already have that... it doesn´t work...

1.thumb.jpg.6e752329c47c8fa0aa97a47044d78b90.jpg

I uninstalled and reinstalled Topcat and the EFB client. After I just installed the client, it looked like ...

3.PNG.6bb406c03bc8e9fa5c747e299651ba45.PNG

after reinstalling topcat, it is again like on the first screenshot...

Gizzo82 (BTW, what is your name? Please read here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/ )

It is very difficult to establish what went wrong with your install. Nevertheless I can confirm that I have two complete installs of P3D v4.3 and TOPCAT running on two different systems:

System #1: All in one -> P3D, EFB v2 Server, Client and TOPCAT all on the same machine. No problems whatsoever to connect to TOPCAT

System #2: Computer #1 with P3D and EFB v2 Server, Computer #2 with EFB v2 Client and TOPCAT connected by LAN. No problems whatsoever to connect to TOPCAT

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

Can you please create a support file from the Server AND from the Client and upload them?

should I put this here in the forum? or where do I have to upload this?

7 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Gizzo82 (BTW, what is your name? Please read here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2522-forum-rules-read-before-post/ )

I had read that I have to give the first name, sorry, that I have not specified the name in other posts!

10 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

System #2: Computer #1 with P3D and EFB v2 Server, Computer #2 with EFB v2 Client and TOPCAT connected by LAN. No problems whatsoever to connect to TOPCAT

that's how I want to use EFB, but no matter what I do, I can not choose a profile, runway and so on ...

Thanks,

Matthias