Flight Plan PRO ATCX

Hallo Aivla Soft Team.

Thanks for the proffesional Program.

I use PRO ATCX as  controller.
When I get the clearence from Pro ATCX, PRO ATCX automatically create and loads the flight plan into the P3D 4.3 and also into AS P3DV4.

If something changes in flight, PRO ATC also creates a new flight plan in the P3D and AS . Is there a feature that EFB automatically load this schedules.
EVB V2. Depending on the approach, Pro ATC also uses its own waypoint. It would be great if EFB would also load the flight plan automatically.

I am in the beta team of Pro ATCX

Sorry about my bad english writing.

Frank

Morning Frank

All you have to do in ProATC/X is 'add' the path to the EFB 'uplink' folder in ProATC/X (options > Folder-Paths>Add)

When you click 'fly now' in ProATC/X make sure you 'untick' add SID /STAR to flight plan. 

Once you have received clearance EFB will  then automatically receive the flight plan from ProATC/X

I've already tested this and it works just fine.

Job Done.

Frank, please see your ProATC/X BETA team newsletter?

If anyone could translate this to German for Frank that would be good

Thanks

53 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

Morning Frank

All you have to do in ProATC/X is 'add' the path to the EFB 'uplink' folder in ProATC/X (options > Folder-Paths>Add)

When you click 'fly now' in ProATC/X make sure you 'untick' add SID /STAR to flight plan. 

Once you have received clearance EFB will  then automatically receive the flight plan from ProATC/X

I've already tested this and it works just fine.

Job Done.

Frank, please see your ProATC/X BETA team newsletter?

If anyone could translate this to German for Frank that would be good

Thanks

It should be added here that the Uplink function is only available Preflight on Ground. Inflight no update of the Flightplan is possible. We are however considering this possibility for a later  Version Update.

• 1 year later...

Old thread but I only got into EFB v2 a few months back.

I don't know if the approach I am using is just not right but I am not seeing files being saved to the Uplink folder in EFB, from Pro-ATC/X.

The correct EFB folder is setup in PATCX, but is this approach affected by running a client/server setup at all? My setup being EFB v2 client and server on my main sim PC (which is convenient for checking runway/SID/STAR details) but once in flight I then use a second PC as EFB client to monitor the flight, and more often than not would then close down the client on the main sim PC to save resources and declutter the desktop.

Another detail I'd appreciate guidance on is order of application use. Typically I start planning a flight in SimBrief online, then use the downloader to export that plan in formats suitable for EFB v2, P3D, PMDG. But is there a preferred order where PATCX and EFB v2 are concerned to ensure things stay in sync, post clearance?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Dave,

22 hours ago, DaveRUK said:

The correct EFB folder is setup in PATCX, but is this approach affected by running a client/server setup at all?

The 'uplink' function only works, if EFB Client and Server is running. If you copy/paste a flight plan into the uplink-folder BEFORE the Client is running, the Client will remove any files in this folder upon startup for initializing purpose.

EFB is programmed to allow multiple Clients to be running at the same time or each after the other. As long as the Server is running it will keep the flight plan loaded by the first Client and will send it to the second Client when it is connected.

Another detail I'd appreciate guidance on is order of application use.

First of all, I cannot give any special advice about PATCX, but if I read the former posts above, EFB has to be running when PATCX is creating its flight plan in the uplink-folder of EFB.

EFB itself does not require a special sequence when starting up. Client and Server will "find" each other, regardless which one was started first. Regarding the flight plan from SimBrief, in one of the last versions of EFB we introduced a new function to directly import the latest flight plan from SimBrief. Please see the "Internet" tab on the flight plan creation dialog.

Hi, and thanks for the reply on this one.

Regarding the Uplink function, I've not tried a manual drag and drop approach into the folder, and had assumed that if the correct path is set up in PATCX, then at a given point in entering details into PATCX, the plan would be automatically saved to that location in a format suitable for EFB v2. Perhaps that aspect needs to be checked with the PATCX guys directly.

As for EFB Client/Server sessions on 1 or more PCs, yes that generally works ok for me - I'll often start on main sim PC, then once I am happy with the plan, close down the client on my sim, and use the EFB client on my navigation laptop. I'm pretty glad I moved to v2, and find functions such as visible glide path vs waypoints/altitude really handy.

Think I need to do more digging, perhaps with the Pointsoft guys and their forum too :-)