Company Route

EdS1945

Need some help with the selection and display of company route in EFB 2 Client.

As far as I can see FPL are imported and well stored in the proper folder: 

image.png.67a9d7383c88b53deee64f50cf8d9f4b.png

However when I start the Client and want to select a FPL, the "Create Flight Plan"  does not let me access "Company routes" resp. it is greyed out.

image.png.176763b4c04278a641d552280588167a.png

Appreciate any help

Ed

5 minutes ago, EdS1945 said:

Need some help with the selection and display of company route in EFB 2 Client.

As far as I can see FPL are imported and well stored in the proper folder: 

However when I start the Client and want to select a FPL, the "Create Flight Plan"  does not let me access "Company routes" resp. it is greyed out.

Appreciate any help

Ed

I guess this is the same isue as already discussed here: https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2906-import-company-routes/  When you shutdown EFB v2 last time the A/C was airborne. Remember that EFB v2 always remembers the last position of the A/C on shutdown (no matter whether the Sim crashed or was deliberatley shut down). In this case you need to start the Simulator to reset the A/C position. Al Flightplan selection can only be done when the A/C is on ground.

A lot of differences between v1 and v2 and still working on becoming more familiar with v2.

Ok, as we all know, things happen when flying, especially long hauls. Today I was flying the PMDG 772 from KIAD-PHNL. Had to stop several hours in and I saved the flight before shutting down. When I was ready to resume flying, I loaded my saved flight. With EFB2 started, client showed last position (when it was shut down). Opened FPL and saw same screenshot as what EdS1945 posted above. I didn't want to start the flight over again so I went to SimBrief where I had created and saved the original fp. I then created a new folder named FPL under Documents  (C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Client\FPL) and now whenever I create a fp, I will copy the contents over and save the file. If I need to shutdown during a flight or if I have an unexpected  CTD and want to resume the flight immediately or at a later time, I just copy the info from my saved fp to the EFB2 Client and resume where I left off. Extra steps I know but well worth it.  ?

If anyone else has a better idea, please let me know.

efb2.jpg

efb4.jpg

EFB FPL.jpg

EFB v2 automatically saves the flight plan after each change. This is done by the Server. If you have to stop/pause your flight for several hours, just save the situation in your simulator and then quit EFB v2. After you have restarted your simulator, just start EFB and it will continue where you have stopped. You don't have to manually reload your flight plan.

There is one thing to be aware of: If your aircraft was very close to a waypoint of the route when you stopped the simulator and after you restart your simulator the aircraft immediately passes the waypoint then, before EFB is started, then most probably the EFB route is not in accordance with the route in your aircraft's FMC. In such a situation just open the "Direct-To" function in EFB which allows you to bring the flight plan  in accordance with your FMC. But this should only be necessary if your aircraft is close to the next waypoint. If there is enough distance until the next waypoint then all should work automatically.

Thanks for the info.

Previously, I had started EFB first and then the simulator so I changed the sequence to start the simulator first, load my saved flight (which was saved prior to a waypoint in this case) and then started EFB. 

Both simulator and EFB picked up exactly where I had left off. ☺️