Port 13

BaldyB

1 hour ago, Mr. ATC said:

Looks like you didn't start EFB with admin rights. This will prevent EFB from getting the actual position data from the sim.

Start your simulator and move your aircraft to this airport.

I just did that. But thanks. It dawned on me after reading to many times that EFBv2 leaves your aircraft where ever you stopped the flight, even in mid air. Should have taken the hint a few days ago! Just used Simbrief to generate a plan for PMDG .rte and EFBv2 .efbr to fly to Egll. From their to KBOS. But first I need to network the 2 machines and do some moves to use my rudder pedals and yoke. The new machine has a Ryzen 2700X CPU on an Asus Crosshair VII X470 mother board with 16gb of Gskill 3466 memory I picked up from a buddy who owns a computer shop, I used to own 1/2 of it. I have to say the new machine gives me over 34-38-FPS at KJFK, no OC. The old AMD 8350 Bull Dozer was barley playable. This thing stays within a few frames of INTELS best.

My day job was an Operating Engineer, it was amazing to watch guy's get all screwed up trying to get used to Joy Sticks after running machine with four pedals and levers you had to pull a foot and a half to make things move. Sometimes you have to un-learn old stuff to transition to the new stuff.

EFBv2 is going to be a great program.

Thank again

Regards

BadlyB

Thanks for your help.

16 hours ago, BaldyB said:

I went into windows Internet Fire Wall section and found the outgoing rules section. You will see where you can high lite a slew of programs. Aivlasofoft is one of them along with FSX etc. while in the Allow section you will see an advanced button. After clicking on it you you will see an Option for Ports . use type of port TCP, You then need to type in 13 using the proper format, it give you pointers on doing so.

Hope I helped you!

Regards

BaldyB

Hi Baldy,

I can see when I go into Windows Firewall Advanced Settings and found Outbound rules but nothing shows in there for EFB, but it does show within the Inbound rules Electric Flight Bag - Dataprovider and I'm able to change the ports there. 

Sorry for being so dumb lol, Thanks again for your help being offered.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Hi Baldy,

I can see when I go into Windows Firewall Advanced Settings and found Outbound rules but nothing shows in there for EFB, but it does show within the Inbound rules Electric Flight Bag - Dataprovider and I'm able to change the ports there. 

You are not dumb my boy! I'm 83 years old and learn something new every day. I consider myself very lucky. I just wish we still had the AMIGA computer. It had better graphics way back then. I had better free apps then the ones you pay all out doors for today. It had 3 graphic chips, Denise. Agnes and I forget the other one. I named one daughter Denise! It had 9 view ports. The video toaster blew away any video tools you have today. It had a CAD program that anyone could learn in an hour , at least enough to start using it straight away. You could zoom onto a ., yes a dot, and make it large enough to write a ten page letter in it and zoom out and You saw a dot! Zoom back in and you saw the letter /message. Wish I had it during the cold war when I worked with an old ex OSS station chief.  You could download the Bible into it and put a coded message in a DOT, let !the Kremlin find that! I used Lattice to program it.

So no my boy, you are not dumb!!! Hell I'm still stuck in Zurich.

Regards

BaldyB

19 hours ago, Jason said:

Hi Baldy,

Did you set a new outbound rule for port 13  for Aivlasoft while you were in Outbound rules? If you did it should show up at the top of the list.