Port 13

BaldyB

After installing and trying to demo license I get a dialog box saying 'Cannot connect to Aivlasoft, port 13 needs to be open,  I went in and allow,allow and opened port 13. Makes no difference. Is it ipsec?

Thanks D.Bolduc

2 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Did you already read this one from the FAQs https://forum.aivlasoft.com/topic/2813-could-not-reach-any-date-server/

Yes sir. All instances in the firewall regarding Aivlasoft have been set to allow and tcp port 13 opened, for some reason it still said it's closed and cannot get back to to initialize  the demo license. Running dovetail, the DB builder seemed to build a proper DBase. All the data seems to be in place. It still tel me port 13 is closed!

I have a replacement CPU coming for the second machine, want to network them like V1 which I loved.

Thanks Urs.

49 minutes ago, Eberhard Rordorf said:

The same, after buying: Problem ended.

Ebi

Thank you and and bobsk8. I honestly thought that may be the case. Their was never any doubt on my part about buying a new EFB from urs & Co. I fly a lot of PMDG and they claim to be coming out with an EFB of sorts for the 747I. That's fine and dandy but I doubt very much that it will have the depth of the Aivlasoft EFB urs deserves a little support, he worked hard to make V2 available. I used to sell Great Plains accounting software and wrote POS systems when personal computers were the new kid on the block. MS bought,it went away. that happened to a lot of great software., MS buys it and it's gone or they replace it with junk! PMDG makes the best aircraft IMHO. Ailasoft got the best EFB IMHO. End of discussion on my part.

Good luck guy's

Baldy

Thank you guy's.

2 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

Thank you and and bobsk8. I honestly thought that may be the case. Their was never any doubt on my part about buying a new EFB from urs & Co. I fly a lot of PMDG and they claim to be coming out with an EFB of sorts for the 747I. That's fine and dandy but I doubt very much that it will have the depth of the Aivlasoft EFB urs deserves a little support, he worked hard to make V2 available. I used to sell Great Plains accounting software and wrote POS systems when personal computers were the new kid on the block. MS bought,it went away. that happened to a lot of great software., MS buys it and it's gone or they replace it with junk! PMDG makes the best aircraft IMHO. Ailasoft got the best EFB IMHO. End of discussion on my part.

Good luck guy's

Baldy

Thank you guy's.

I seriously doubt if PMDG will even get close to what EFB is now. 

I did purchase V2 but still having problems. The Server seems to install fine. The db building function builds a very large set of files that seem very extensive for FSX-SE. I then minimize the server and run Client to be informed that it cannot create a database while server is running. Having a license cured the port 13 stuff for sure. From what I could make out after reading the docs I should get a dialog box asking if I'm running on networked machines or not. I never get to that point, again, Start Client i get "cannot create DB while server is running"? Tried a few things like sharing etc., but no luck.

Thanks again

Baldy

I got the new machine put together and all updated. Had to pull the first Gen. Ryzen to update the Bios, wouldn't do it with the thumb drive method.  It wouldn't start, with the new CPU, dead CPU,no bent pins or visible problems. Amazon took it back and had a new one shipped within a few hours. Runs like a bear now at 3.9 Ghz without any overclocking. So, in the morning I will install the Server on the new machine. I will network the machines and install the Client on the other machine. I really want to get this going, some of the screen shots I've seen look pretty darn nice.

Thanks for your help!

BaldyB

On 7/5/2018 at 3:29 AM, aivlasoft said:

Thank you for your kind words on EFB. Indeed it was a lot of work, but I also want to emphasize that without the great help of Oskar (lonewulf47) it could have never  been brought to that level.

I went ahead and installed the server on the new machine. I then noticed A Client on the desktop. It didn't want to work. I d-loaed the client to DVD and installed it and low and behold it worked Simply installed on top of itself, same directory etc. That seemed to jog it somehow because when i finished  i bounced right into the clients opening screen. It,s 5:00 AM. Way past my bed time on the other hand I've been retired for 18 years, so who gives a darn. The few minutes I spent with the Client Display renewed my faith in mankind. urs, you and your guy's did a fantastic job!

Many thanks

Baldy

9 minutes ago, hpr said:

By the way: Not sure, but I think the daytime protocol is a little - uhm - old fashioned.

Urs, have you ever considered to use ntp (udp 123) instead?

Perhaps a good idea. Don't know if the rest of the family would go along with the program.

Regards

Baldy

3 hours ago, Corretto said:

I'm convinced that the program doesn't want to be demoed.  I managed to run it once and loved it, but can't start it anymore in demo mode. 

If I wasn't sure that I was going to buy it it would have been uninstalled by now ?

I got the display unit working great now. It wanted to re-install itself over and over and over again. I got a little pi**ed and installed it on top of itself, so to speak. I then noticed a new Icon on the desktop that looked like a phone, I said to myself, what the hell is that? I figured the only way to find out was to click on the damn thing. Allmost fell out of my chair when the display unit came up. I didn't see any icon like that in the docs? I noticed the second time it wanted to extract some files, don't remember needing to do that the first time. urs keeps updating stuff?

Regards

BaldyB

1 minute ago, aivlasoft said:

clientCover.png

Title page of the manual "5 EN Client.pdf".

downloads.png

Downloads section

I really don't know what is missing ...

The first set of server client icons looked alike, like the sever one above. Is the one that looks like an IPad an update. I never Downloaded using an icon like the iPad or whatever that is. With the Sim Brief down loader app., I just dumped some FPL files into the PMDG and .ebr, FSX-P3d files into EFBv2 directorys. I find my aircraft in Zurich, cant get it out!

Regards

BaldyB.

2 hours ago, BaldyB said:

I never Downloaded using an icon like the iPad or whatever that is. With the Sim Brief down loader app., I just dumped some FPL files into the PMDG and .ebr, FSX-P3d files into EFBv2 directorys.

Sorry, and with all respect, but you are mixing up things. Are we talking about the installer, or are we talking about download of Simbrief flight plans?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I use Bullguard

I don't know Bullgard, but I guess it has a user manual where to read about opening ports for outgoing traffic. Maybe there is a built-in rule which prevents that connection. Maybe it's only a too slow response time which makes it not possible to get an answer from the time server within a certain time frame.

6 hours ago, Jason said:

Where do I find this TCP port 13? I use Bullguard and the Windows firewall is working but with no knowing how to find the relevant details needed, I'm totally stuck.

Thanks

Jason

I went into windows Internet Fire Wall section and found the outgoing rules section. You will see where you can high lite a slew of programs. Aivlasofoft is one of them along with FSX etc. while in the Allow section you will see an advanced button. After clicking on it you you will see an Option for Ports . use type of port TCP, You then need to type in 13 using the proper format, it give you pointers on doing so.

Hope I helped you!

Regards

BaldyB

5 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Sorry, and with all respect, but you are mixing up things. Are we talking about the installer, or are we talking about download of Simbrief flight plans?

Sorry about that. Actually I suppose I touched on both.

1: When I installed on the second machine things went very well. I re-downloaded the Client software to a DVD on the new machine because the old machines Windows Edge browser got corrupted somehow. After installing on the new machine which already had the (for lack of better verbiage ) the old Icon on it), lo and behold this new Ipad type Icon appears on my desktop and it works great.

2: It had been a long time since I was on Simbrief, like about 3 years! After getting back on it and discovering the Downloader and remembering how I could download PMDG and MS's Cesna 172 for my grand son in PLN format at the same time and checking out the Dowloader I tried it and found I could dump both FSX/P3d and .elb files and PNDG's .rte files into their respective directory's with I click made me a happy camper! Works great.

3: The only problem I have now is when I do load a plan into the display unit FSX of course, shows my aircraft at the gate. The display unit shows it in Zurich. The radio tab (I think) tell me my aircraft is not on the airport if I load KMCO to KBOS. When I click on KMCO no aircraft is at the gate where FSX say's it is, it's still in Zurich.

What function can be used to move an aircraft to the Flight plans location. Not sure If it's me or or one of those program errors like I used to make once in a while?

I hope I got it straight for you.

Trust me I like your good works!

Regards

BaldyB

5 hours ago, BaldyB said:

When I click on KMCO no aircraft is at the gate where FSX say's it is, it's still in Zurich.

Looks like you didn't start EFB with admin rights. This will prevent EFB from getting the actual position data from the sim.

5 hours ago, BaldyB said:

What function can be used to move an aircraft to the Flight plans location.

Start your simulator and move your aircraft to this airport.