EFB-2 Issues/Questions

Dane

First let me say - EFB-2 looks amazing and I believe will do a good job as soon as we can figure it all out - Great work, no wonder it took so long.

I just installed it today July 2 and am using it as a DEMO version at this point.

Here are some issues or questions that I have found so far - please help.

There seems to be a limit on the amount of uploads allowed so I will provide links to the various print screens of my issues/questions...

1. When I start the Server I usually have to try it three or four times before it goes to the dialogue regarding how many days left - "Server Error" - https://photos.app.goo.gl/xAW1LCYdfES516ZQ7

2. There seems to be issues with my Scenery Scan - "EFB Scenery Scan" - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5aWgKRJLs2DhjQdL6  and "EFB Scenery Database Report" https://photos.app.goo.gl/4U8XUdxm9JyGUfsw5

3. Flight Plans:

- I do not see a way to Import a flight plan from my P3D PLN plans.

- I do not see a way to export to my Flight1 GTN 750 GFP plans.

That's it for now, probably more to follow.

Also your User Manual are very well done - I have read them all.

Regards,

Dane

Server Error.JPG

3 hours ago, Dane said:

2. There seems to be issues with my Scenery Scan - "EFB Scenery Scan" - https://photos.app.goo.gl/5aWgKRJLs2DhjQdL6  and "EFB Scenery Database Report" https://photos.app.goo.gl/4U8XUdxm9JyGUfsw5

Regards,

Dane

We have seen this issue also on other  fsAerodata Scenery Files updates. For some reasons fsAerodata duplicates a few airports. This is beyond EFB v2's scope as it is a third party change of "internal" navdata that we unfortunately have no influence on.

8 hours ago, alpha117 said:

Importing and exporting of .pln  is all in the flight-plan document

Well I must be loosing it because I still do not see how to import from my P3D flight plans which are located in - D:\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files. I do see that any "efb" routes saved can be loaded through Company Routes. I have read the User Manual twice - help me out please if I am missing something.

See link to two print screens... https://photos.app.goo.gl/Q3EgomJCxuCWvjLj8  and  https://photos.app.goo.gl/iv5oWbetGMiTbVVT8

38 minutes ago, alpha117 said:

Flightplan manual page 31 -33  does that help. Also page 18 might help also

I really do appreciate your patience and help - But I still don't see that it is possible to load existing ".PLN" files from my P3D Files directory.

Naturally like many other simmers I have a load of existing saved flight plans that I would like to be able to access - as I believe you were able to do in EFB-1.

Pages 31 - 33 is all about Saving - I have no problem with that. Except that I would also like to export the route to a GFP file for my Garmin GTN750 (which I also believe could be done in EFB-1)

Page 18 is about Uplinks - I don't see that as the solution.

The tab "Company routes" does only read and list *.efbr routes. These route files can be from EFB v1 and/or EFB v2.

If you want to use FSX-formatted flight plans ("*.pln"), then please use the "uplink" feature. See manual "6 EN Flightplan.pdf", chapter 2.3 "Uplink"

Once a flight plan is loaded, it can be saved (as a *.efbr file) through the flight progress panel.

Congratulation Urs and team...the new version looks fantastic!  I'm using the uplink feature with some of my old Concorde routes.  The problem I am having is that many of the routes do not use recognised/current fixes, eg some are simply called FIX1, FIX2 etc with their  associated co ordinates.  The problem is EFB v2 does not seem to be able to process them, in the way v1 did and hence is unable to upload the route.  My question is; I'm I doing something wrong, or is v2 unable to read a route using fixes that are not in the current Nav data base.  

Many thanks

Steve

Thanks Urs you and the team have done an awesome job.

Thanks for your answer regarding using *.pln routes through the Uplink option. Yes that will work although I must say it was easier in v1 to simply import as one of the route choice options.

What about being able to export to a *.gfp route - how do we do that?

4 hours ago, sprowse said:

Congratulation Urs and team...the new version looks fantastic!  I'm using the uplink feature with some of my old Concorde routes.  The problem I am having is that many of the routes do not use recognised/current fixes, eg some are simply called FIX1, FIX2 etc with their  associated co ordinates.  The problem is EFB v2 does not seem to be able to process them, in the way v1 did and hence is unable to upload the route.  My question is; I'm I doing something wrong, or is v2 unable to read a route using fixes that are not in the current Nav data base.  

Many thanks

Steve

Steve,

If a route is saved in the EFB v1/v2 native format (.efbr) it may contain any kind of waypoints. If one of them is not part of the actual AIRAC cycle, the routing waypoints will be prefixed by an asterisk (*) but will load anyway. In the uplink function only routes compatible to the actual AIRAC dataset  (not necessarily the newest) are allowed. In your case you might need to create a new routing manually and save it in the native .efb format. Then you will be able to load it any time and it will also show up in the company routing directory.

15 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Steve,

If a route is saved in the EFB v1/v2 native format (.efbr) it may contain any kind of waypoints. If one of them is not part of the actual AIRAC cycle, the routing waypoints will be prefixed by an asterisk (*) but will load anyway. In the uplink function only routes compatible to the actual AIRAC dataset  (not necessarily the newest) are allowed. In your case you might need to create a new routing manually and save it in the native .efb format. Then you will be able to load it any time and it will also show up in the company routing directory. 

Oskar

I've just purchased v2 and have started to rebuild the .PLN routes into .EFBR routes using v1 then I'm saving them into the v2 client route folder.  All seems to work just fine.  If any Concorde vpilots are using v2 you can export .efbr files in .pln format into a folder so that CPC can read them.  

I really do appreciate all the work and effort that has clearly gone into, my most used addon, every flight really.  Thank you one and all!

Steve 

@sprowse, Hi Steve. I'm the Concorde beta tester than Oskar mentioned. I've just tried loading the classic EGLL-KJFK route into EFB from the pln I created in PFPX.

This includes waypoint UPGAS - formerly SW of Cardiff and the accel point for supersonic acceleration. On loading it into EFB it now uses the current UPGAS waypoint in the North Sea so clearly it needs modifying.

The only way I have found that works in EFB is to enter the lat/lon of the waypoint in the ATCWaypoint id section of the pln. I replace UPGAS with N5124W000350. It then shows the correct location of the waypoint. I saved the plan then edited the efbr file and replaced N5124W00350 with UPGAS hoping it would rename the waypoint. Sadly it doesn't as UPGAS is a current waypoint. The original name of N5124W00350 remains. So we're stuck with the lat/lon name.

It's not really a big issue because the correct positioning is more important than the name. Hope that helps. Also, make sure you edit any Concorde pln and change the cruise altitude to FL600. Even though it rarely reaches that altitude it does ensure AS16 processes the weather correctly.