server error

Same.  One error is that access to path "F:\System Volume Information" is denied, which is curious.  The second is a missing file "C:\Users\ScottGridley\Documents\AivlaSoft\EFB2\Server\DbBuilder\Base\P3D4\comservices.bin" - any thoughts?

EDIT: I uninstalled v1 EFB as I wanted to freshen up my routes, etc.  Clean v2 install by the instructions.  First start of server autolaunched DbBuilder, which exits with the two errors above.  Starting server I get the same error as Oskar.  Running P3Dv4.3, and I have installed both server and client on same machine in different folders on a second hard drive (not C:)...

53 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Have you considered deleting the database and rebuilding it after the update to 2.0.51?

I've never had a previous version 2, this is the first time I've installed.  I've tried deleting the DB but it won't successfully create a database currently.

49 minutes ago, ScottGridley said:

I've never had a previous version 2, this is the first time I've installed.  I've tried deleting the DB but it won't successfully create a database currently.

No, I'm talking about the database that gives you the error. You are working with 2.0.51, right? that's at least what you mentioned above. So - start the DatabaseBuilder, select the database shown there, delete it and start building a new database.

51 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

No, I'm talking about the database that gives you the error. You are working with 2.0.51, right? that's at least what you mentioned above. So - start the DatabaseBuilder, select the database shown there, delete it and start building a new database.

Yep. Sorry, thought I was clear. I've done exactly that. Same error.  Thanks!

12 hours ago, ScottGridley said:

One error is that access to path "F:\System Volume Information" is denied, which is curious. 

May indicate a file system error on that PC. Or a virus...

13 hours ago, ScottGridley said:

Yep. Sorry, thought I was clear. I've done exactly that. Same error.  Thanks!

Scott, have you remove the outdated AIRAC 1802 or 1801? The std inbuilt AIRAC in the database. If yes do as i did: uninstal and then instal EFB and don't remove the std AIRAC, just build the new 1807 beside. For me it works.

1 hour ago, Oskar Speer said:

Scott, have you remove the outdated AIRAC 1802 or 1801? The std inbuilt AIRAC in the database. If yes do as i did: uninstal and then instal EFB and don't remove the std AIRAC, just build the new 1807 beside. For me it works.

I am using the Navigraph data, but I did update it to 1807!  I'll try your method but it sounds promising!

Update: Didn't help.  I reinstalled with default Navigraph data, still got the comservices error.  Also reinstalled with default aerosoft data and the dbBuilder still fails with the comservices error.  Also, the second error is now cannot access "C:\Documents and Settings" which is not a real folder...

Aivlasoft EFB2 errors.jpg

Ok gentlemen, maybe we should use a fresh start. Even if it sounds terrible, I would suggest that you uninstall both Server and Client, download the newest Server and Client and start a fresh database. This is a matter of a few minutes. If an error occurs, create the support files from the Window Start Menu and put it in here. There is no reason to play around with tips and trick at this stage ?.If the Database Creation Process does not run properly, then we need to have the logfiles. That's the only practicable way for troubleshooting.

I too am having issues getting EFBv2 up and running.  I installed it yesterday.  Whenever I run the server it brings up dialog to build the database.  However this never completes.  I always get an error at various points during the process (i.e. its never the same progress percentage).  I've tried with the stock navigraph data that comes with v2 as well as 1807 but the same result.  Error is:

AivlaSoft.Efb.DbBilder has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the pgoram and notify you if a solution is available.

31 minutes ago, ScottGridley said:

I have re-downloaded, reinstalled both, and still get the "C:\Documents and Settings" access denied and comservices.bin errors.  Log files attached.

serverLogfile.txt

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Ok, thanks very much. That's now a point where we can start troubleshooting.

the first question is: do you RUN (not only install) the Server as Admin? This is one of the initial requirements for EFB v2.

13 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Ok, thanks very much. That's now a point where we can start troubleshooting.

the first question is: do you RUN (not only install) the Server as Admin? This is one of the initial requirements for EFB v2.

Yes, both installation and program are run as admin.

1 hour ago, Hilkiah said:

I too am having issues getting EFBv2 up and running.  I installed it yesterday.  Whenever I run the server it brings up dialog to build the database.  However this never completes.  I always get an error at various points during the process (i.e. its never the same progress percentage).  I've tried with the stock navigraph data that comes with v2 as well as 1807 but the same result.  Error is:

AivlaSoft.Efb.DbBilder has stopped working.

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the pgoram and notify you if a solution is available.

As lonewulf47 already explained, we need the logfiles.

Please open the Windows Start Menu, navigate to the AivlaSoft EFB branch and run the "Create support file".

As an alternative you can start the program "AivlaSoft.Efb.SupportFile.exe" from the installation folder of the Server.

Please post the zip file herein. Otherwise we cannot even start to analyze. Thank you.

1 hour ago, ScottGridley said:

I have re-downloaded, reinstalled both, and still get the "C:\Documents and Settings" access denied and comservices.bin errors.  Log files attached.

serverLogfile.txt

dbBuilderLogfile.txt

Thanks for the log files.

The error "comservices.bin" not found is a subsequent error because of the error "Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied."

Do you have an idea, why access to "C:\Documents and Settings" shall not be allowed?

Is it in a cloud, or at any other place than on the same computer as the simulator is installed?

Interestingly this folder is not listed in any of the scenery definitions, so I don't know why EFB is trying to look into this folder.

Another finding, but it seems to be just a side note:

This add-on.xml file obviously points to an empty path. Could you verify whether in this file the path is really empty?

C:\Users\ScottGridley\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\9A9 by CVG\add-on.xml
Title='9A9_CVG'

Path=\

19 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Thanks for the log files.

The error "comservices.bin" not found is a subsequent error because of the error "Access to the path 'C:\Documents and Settings' is denied."

Do you have an idea, why access to "C:\Documents and Settings" shall not be allowed?

Is it in a cloud, or at any other place than on the same computer as the simulator is installed?

Interestingly this folder is not listed in any of the scenery definitions, so I don't know why EFB is trying to look into this folder.

As far as I know, I don't have a "C:\Documents and Settings" folder - isn't that an older windows thing? I'm on Win10 and it should be "%appdata%\local" right?  Even if I show hidden files, that folder isn't there, and I don't know why EFB is looking there either.  EFB is installed on the same computer, though OS, P3D and EFB are all on different volumes.

19 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

This add-on.xml file obviously points to an empty path. Could you verify whether in this file the path is really empty?

Title='9A9_CVG'

Path=\

Thanks!  I'll check!

35 minutes ago, aivlasoft said:

Title='9A9_CVG'

Path=\

BINGO!  Bad add-on.xml!

The path was actually the issue.  In the XML, the path was written as the old style ".\" which looks like it may not have been parsed correctly.  That was causing the program to look in the root directory I guess?  I changed it to "Scenery" explicitly and it now it compiled the database!  Thanks for your rapid help here!

Thanks for the log files. I had a look into it. The following errors should be fixed before a next attempt to build the database:

"C:\Users\hilki\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PKSIM-Barranquilla\add-on.xml" points to the missing path "C:\Users\hilki\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PKSIM-Barranquilla\scenery"

The file "add-ons.cfg" in "C:\Users\hilki\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4" points to missing paths:
[Package.19]
FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST: 'C:\Users\hilki\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PKSIM-Barranquilla\scenery'. Found in 'C:\Users\hilki\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PKSIM-Barranquilla\add-on.xml'
FOLDER DOESN'T EXIST: 'C:\Users\hilki\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PKSIM-Barranquilla\scenery'. Found in 'C:\Users\hilki\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\PKSIM-Barranquilla\add-on.xml' ... (repeated)

Another error, found in the Windows Event log, is most probably an indication that something with the .NET installation on your computer is not OK:

.NET Runtime, 1023, Error, 7/3/2018 8:40:47 AM
Application: AivlaSoft.Efb.DbBuilder.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an internal error in the .NET Runtime at IP 00007FF883001C0F (00007FF882E60000) with exit code 80131506.