Activesky Weather Data File issue

Jason

Hi,

I'm unable to select the 'current_wx_snapshot.txt' on the Server Settings as the main folder isn't showing up in my Homegroup so I can select it.

When I go to the AppData folder it doesn't give me the option to share the folder,but as I go through the folders to the 'current_wx_snapshot.txt' the file shows it shared?

Is there any work around? It does show the Weather data file not found, I know why but cant rectify it because of the above. 

How does this affect me in using EFBv2? Apologises for having to post this when I know what the issue is but can't sort it

Thanks

Jason

serverLogfile.txt

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I'm unable to select the 'current_wx_snapshot.txt' on the Server Settings as the main folder isn't showing up in my Homegroup so I can select it.

When I go to the AppData folder it doesn't give me the option to share the folder,but as I go through the folders to the 'current_wx_snapshot.txt' the file shows it shared?

Sorry, but maybe this question should better be asked in the ActiveSky forum. -> How to access the data file from remote (or similar)

Or maybe in any of the Windows forums.

It's not that we don't want to help, but (with all respect) this is beyond the scope of EFB.

jason google how to share  the appdata folder..

I use efb already fore a long time on remote pc and have no problems with  fsxPC with  as16 .

appdata is shared and efb weather is pointed to 'current_wx_snapshot.txt and works fine.

fsx on a w7 and remote on a w10

regards

wil

Jason,

If you open Explorer and locate Network for the PC where you have AS16 installed what folders do you see that are shared?

I have Users, [username], as16_p3d and Weather. The last one points directly to the folder containing current_wx_snapshot.txt.

Give us more info and we can help although the AS16 help document should already describe how to share the relevant folders..

Hi Will & Ray,

I have managed to sort it thanks, the issue was with my sharing of pc's which has took sometime to resolve.

Thanks again to you both for replying and offering to help.

Regards

Jason