Export Flightplan from PFPX to client / network config

bhorv67

In the previous version, I was able to export a flightplan from PFPX to a folder on the server computer, then have the EFB client map the remote folder to retrieve the flightplan across the network. 

In V2, the instructions say to save the flightplan to the client computer - I'm having issues doing this. For some reason, I cannot setup network folder permissions to access the EFBv2 folder over the network. I realize that's not your issue, but is there a way to have the client look for flight plans in a user specified folder? I can't find a setting in the client to change the folder target. 

I have the same problem and is struggling with this. My client machine is currently communicating with the server, but when I share the folder routes folder from the client, my server is not picking it up. DO you have a suggestion?

Troy

22 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

In the previous version, I was able to export a flightplan from PFPX to a folder on the server computer, then have the EFB client map the remote folder to retrieve the flightplan across the network. 

In V2, the instructions say to save the flightplan to the client computer - I'm having issues doing this. For some reason, I cannot setup network folder permissions to access the EFBv2 folder over the network. I realize that's not your issue, but is there a way to have the client look for flight plans in a user specified folder? I can't find a setting in the client to change the folder target. 

Hey Brian have you figured out how to configure the network? I am having the same issues.

Troy

6 hours ago, tkemp66 said:

Hey Brian have you figured out how to configure the network? I am having the same issues.

Troy

I was able to get it working. 

Setup a folder on the PC PFPX is on that you're saving the flightplan to. Create networking sharing permissions on that folder, and you should be able to map it remotely on the client PC.

Continuing on with this topic; can anyone shed some light on my issue?

I have my client installed and networked on my surface pro, and the client is mapped to my onedrive documents folder. (It used this automatically during the installation) I can create my flightplans using PFPX on my server laptop and export these to the mapped folder in my Onedrive\documents\aivlasoft\efb2\clients\routes folder and they go there okay. However, when I open up my FPL radio tab, I cannot see any flightplans there and the Company Routes tab is greyed out. Only the Copy/Paste tab is highlighted. The Internet tab is also greyed out. Has anybody any ideas why I cannot see my flightplans in this window?

Thanks,

Nigel

12 hours ago, nbillo said:

Continuing on with this topic; can anyone shed some light on my issue?

I have my client installed and networked on my surface pro, and the client is mapped to my onedrive documents folder. (It used this automatically during the installation) I can create my flightplans using PFPX on my server laptop and export these to the mapped folder in my Onedrive\documents\aivlasoft\efb2\clients\routes folder and they go there okay. However, when I open up my FPL radio tab, I cannot see any flightplans there and the Company Routes tab is greyed out. Only the Copy/Paste tab is highlighted. The Internet tab is also greyed out. Has anybody any ideas why I cannot see my flightplans in this window?

Thanks,

Nigel

Click on the power button at the lower left. This will bring up another window (where you can also shut down the app - very odd place to put preferences I would say). Click on Settings, then folders. Set the 'EFB Route' to your mapped path and life should be good

4 hours ago, bhorv67 said:

Click on the power button at the lower left. This will bring up another window (where you can also shut down the app - very odd place to put preferences I would say). Click on Settings, then folders. Set the 'EFB Route' to your mapped path and life should be good

Not so odd. Please check the User Guide "Client", chapter 4 User Interface. It's called the System Menu!

14 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Not so odd. Please check the User Guide "Client", chapter 4 User Interface. It's called the System Menu!

What I should have said is the power button is an odd place to put the System Menu.

Guys, I love everything you've done with the update, I know I'll buy it. 

Accessing the System Menu is just a bit unintuitive. When you look at that button (yes, without first reading the manual), you think it's just power.

I would suggest maybe changing the button to the client icon instead of what looks like power - yes, when you roll the mouse over it, it says system menu and power. I think that would be more clear. 

I had the same problem and spent hours to find the solution. The problems are the stupid "admistrator rights" in windows 10 in any of the "users/user-folders".

The very simple solution is to mak a folder directly on your hardrive (of the client computer). Mine is   C:/FlightplansEFB.  You give the rights to open this to anybody. Then you can open this folder with no problems in the network, on your main FS computer.

The link for EFB in PFPX to place the flightplans goes to my desktop. So I can very quickly copy and paste it to the open flightplan folder on the client computer.

Ebi

3 hours ago, Eberhard Rordorf said:

I had the same problem and spent hours to find the solution. The problems are the stupid "admistrator rights" in windows 10 in any of the "users/user-folders".

The very simple solution is to mak a folder directly on your hardrive (of the client computer). Mine is   C:/FlightplansEFB.  You give the rights to open this to anybody. Then you can open this folder with no problems in the network, on your main FS computer.

The link for EFB in PFPX to place the flightplans goes to my desktop. So I can very quickly copy and paste it to the open flightplan folder on the client computer.

Ebi

No need to do that - you're making it more complicated than it has to be.

If you can't get network sharing setup, use something like Dropbox or OneDrive. Then map the EFB route path to whatever you used. Set PFPX to save to the same folder. Done.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:07 AM, lonewulf47 said:

On 7/4/2018 at 2:26 AM, bhorv67 said:

Brian, Oskar,

I have already mapped the route folder path and that was okay. I have since found something else although I'm not sure if it's is a bug or not. When I actually connect to P3D and load my aircraft at my departure airport, the routes now appear in the flightplan window and the radio buttons are now available. Not sure why I had to start P3D and have the aircraft loaded. I didn't have to do this with v1 EFB, I could load a flightplan at any time.

Nigel

33 minutes ago, nbillo said:

Brian, Oskar,

I have already mapped the route folder path and that was okay. I have since found something else although I'm not sure if it's is a bug or not. When I actually connect to P3D and load my aircraft at my departure airport, the routes now appear in the flightplan window and the radio buttons are now available. Not sure why I had to start P3D and have the aircraft loaded. I didn't have to do this with v1 EFB, I could load a flightplan at any time.

Nigel

Not sure what you are referring to. A company route will show up in the "Company Routes" list regardless of whether the Simulator is running or not, Radios however can only be active if the Simulator is running, as this piece of information is derived from the Simulator. More important is that the last A/C position (as stored in EFB v2) is ON GROUND. You can also load a routing but you cannot ADD any SIDs or STARs as long as the Sim is not running with the A/C being at the Start Position of the Routing.

3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Not sure what you are referring to. A company route will show up in the "Company Routes" list regardless of whether the Simulator is running or not, Radios however can only be active if the Simulator is running, as this piece of information is derived from the Simulator. More important is that the last A/C position (as stored in EFB v2) is ON GROUND. You can also load a routing but you cannot ADD any SIDs or STARs as long as the Sim is not running with the A/C being at the Start Position of the Routing.

Well in my case, this is not true. I have used PFPX to create my flightplans as I always have and have them exported to the folder I have set up in the client route folder on my networked PC. I can see the routes are sent there because I can see them there from the client PC and server PC in Windows explorer.

When I start EFB2 and select the FPL radio tab all I see is this;

1630223205_FlightPlanWindowNoFlightplansAvailableandP3Dnotrunning.thumb.jpg.c1943c080d0731f68b252ea5ec77258f.jpg

When I start P3D and only after I've loaded the aircraft and positioned it at the departure airport I then have this available;

1602753641_FlightPlanWindowNoFlightplansAvailableandP3DNOWrunning.thumb.jpg.6b554dbf1ffa624afcf6e6c730e1f911.jpg

Again, this is only after the sim is running and the aircraft is loaded. What I was also pointing out was, I could always load a flightplan in v1 before the simulator was running. Perhaps you now see what I am driving at?

Kind Regards

Nigel

3 hours ago, nbillo said:

Well in my case, this is not true. I have used PFPX to create my flightplans as I always have and have them exported to the folder I have set up in the client route folder on my networked PC. I can see the routes are sent there because I can see them there from the client PC and server PC in Windows explorer.

When I start EFB2 and select the FPL radio tab all I see is this;

When I start P3D and only after I've loaded the aircraft and positioned it at the departure airport I then have this available;

Again, this is only after the sim is running and the aircraft is loaded. What I was also pointing out was, I could always load a flightplan in v1 before the simulator was running. Perhaps you now see what I am driving at?

Kind Regards

Nigel

According to your first screenshot your A/C is not on ground. It is flying at 145 KTS Ground Speed on a heading of 270°. That's what EFB tells me about your A/C. You can't open a Company Route if the A/C is airborne (for EFB v2). I mentioned that before. If the simulator is not running, EFB keeps the last A/C position, thus the tabs in the FPL selection window are greyed out.. When you start the Simulator at an airport, of course EFB's Position is reset to that airport and there are no more greyed-out tabs.

the only remedy to select a routing without running simulator is to land the A/C before shutting down EFB v2.

2 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

According to your first screenshot your A/C is not on ground. It is flying at 145 KTS Ground Speed on a heading of 270°. That's what EFB tells me about your A/C. You can't open a Company Route if the A/C is airborne (for EFB v2). I menitoned that before. If the simulator is not running, EFB keeps the last A/C position, thus the tabs in the FPL selection window are greyed out.. When you start the Simulator at an airport, of course EFB's Position is reset to that airport and there are no more greyed-out tabs.

the only remedy to select a routing without running simulator is to land the A/C before shutting down EFB v2.

Well lonewulf47,

That explains everything. At least I now know what the situation is and how to remedy it!

Thanks for your help mate, it is much appreciated ? 

Kind Regards

Nigel

On 7/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, bhorv67 said:

I was able to get it working. 

Setup a folder on the PC PFPX is on that you're saving the flightplan to. Create networking sharing permissions on that folder, and you should be able to map it remotely on the client PC.

Thank you. Its up and running.

Troy