Very Confusing error messaging

hrsemn

6 hours ago, zfunk said:

Every time I start the Server I get this message: No database found for the running simulator fsx. 

Do you have FSX or FSX-SE?

Please verify whether you have the latest Server version 2.0.52 installed. If not, select the menu item "Check for updates" from the Server's "System" menu.

With version 2.0.52 we fixed an error which occurred when creating a database for FSX-SE.

If running 2.0.52, open the Database-Builder, select the current database and press the "Delete" button. This will remove the current database. Then the dialog for creating a new database will open automatically. Create a new database and make sure you select the proper simulator type.

If it still does not work, please create a so called "support file", from the Server's "System" menu, then "Settings and more ...". On that dialog press the button "Support file".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Urs- Updated from 2.0.51 to 2.0.52 as you stated, hit the deleted button re-ran the program and its still not reading it. Same issues as before. Here are my zip files. Even though the database fully builds compared to earlier the Client seems to be giving the wrong database location to o FSX-SE and thus is having me redo the database over and over again like before. Thanks. Ryan

Client_201807060610.txt.zip

Server_201807060610.txt.zip

7 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Do you have FSX or FSX-SE?

Please verify whether you have the latest Server version 2.0.52 installed. If not, select the menu item "Check for updates" from the Server's "System" menu.

With version 2.0.52 we fixed an error which occurred when creating a database for FSX-SE.

If running 2.0.52, open the Database-Builder, select the current database and press the "Delete" button. This will remove the current database. Then the dialog for creating a new database will open automatically. Create a new database and make sure you select the proper simulator type.

If it still does not work, please create a so called "support file", from the Server's "System" menu, then "Settings and more ...". On that dialog press the button "Support file".

I have FSX:SE, and I  already updated to version 2.0.52.  Everything works fine when creating a new database.  I can start the Server and Client without any errors, but when I start FSX it says the database don't match.   

If I launch the Server first before I start FSX I get this message: The currently selected database does not match the running simulator type!  It is highly recommended to load the matching database. Would you like to start the databasebuilder to select another database? 

If I launch FSX first before I start the Server I get this message: No database found for the running simulator FSX.  Database builder will start now. 

Client_201807060906.txt.zip

Server_201807060906.txt.zip

Do you have FSX-SE, or do you have FSX?

If you have FSX-SE, can you please tell me what's the name of the *.exe file to start this simulator?

Slowly I'm getting the impression that FSX-SE also is using the same exe-file name than FSX and therefore EFB gets confused.

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

Do you have FSX-SE, or do you have FSX?

If you have FSX-SE, can you please tell me what's the name of the *.exe file to start this simulator?

Slowly I'm getting the impression that FSX-SE also is using the same exe-file name than FSX and therefore EFB gets confused.

I have FSX:SE, and the file name is fsx.exe

Thank you for clarification. In this case I have to update/rectify the code which recognizes a running process. Thanks for helping me to sort this out.

Would you be ready to test a new version before it is released to all? If so, please send me an email to 'support@aivlasoft.com' so I know where I can send you information.

7 hours ago, aivlasoft said:

Thank you for clarification. In this case I have to update/rectify the code which recognizes a running process. Thanks for helping me to sort this out.

Would you be ready to test a new version before it is released to all? If so, please send me an email to 'support@aivlasoft.com' so I know where I can send you information.

Sure, I will email you guys. 

• 5 months later...

Hello, I have the same problem. I also have FSX-SE and the process runs fsx.exe The server and client versions are 2.0.61 and 2.0.78 It reports the same error as the user writes in front of me. As soon as I connect Simulator, it says it is a different type of Simulator than the selected database. They can not run. I only have a 30 day demo, but I think it should work. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Jiří,

thank you for the support files.

Unfortunately there is no trace from the database creation. Could you please do the following:

1) Start Database-Builder

2) Select first tab "Create / Select EFB Database"

3) If you have multiple databases, do the following for each of them:   Select the database then press the button "Delete" on the lower right corner of the dialog.

4) as soon as all databases are deleted, the DbBuilder will automatically open the dialog to create a new database

5) Now select the simulator "Dovetail Games FSX-SE" and create a new database.

6) After the database has been created successfully, exit the DatabaseBuilder and start the EFB Server.

7) Now start your simulator

If the problem still exists, please create a new set of support files and upload it here. Thanks.

Hello Jirka

Where do you get this message from? EFB Client or Server? I can't find traces in the log files that you run Server and Client in parallel after you re-created the database yesterday. Upon launching the Client the first time after a new database has been created, the client will update its local databases, which also should be logged in the Server log. There is no trace of this either.

Hi Jirka,

thank you for this video. It's very strange because in the logfile I can see that FSUIPC is telling that the connected simulator is not FSX but ESP (which is not the same). I guess that this is the problem. Which version of FSUIPC have you installed on your computer?

He tried installing the latest version of FSUIPC 4 and the problem is gone. I've tried the simulator and it's all about what it should be like. Thanks for your help and guidance on the FSUIPC version option. Now there is only a problem with the 13 TCP port, an error message is popping up, it's also visible on the video. Jirka