EFB doesn't connect to the Simulator

mrmad

First of all congratulation for ur release :)

I have a Problem,

The EFB doesn't connect to the simulator. The Aircraft position is always in LSZH Zurich and on status it says Simulator in yellow.. Any Idea?

2 hours ago, mrmad said:

First of all congratulation for ur release :)

I have a Problem,

The EFB doesn't connect to the simulator. The Aircraft position is always in LSZH Zurich and on status it says Simulator in yellow.. Any Idea?

Its just a thinking, but probably you need to update your FSuipc?

4 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Sorry, did you EVER read something about EFB (e.g. here: http://www.aivlasoft.com/specifications/index.html ) before starting your "experiments"???

Well, I have to admit that I didn't see this. But thanks now I know why it's not working. Sadly a no buy for me then because i can't figure out why FSUIPC gives me errors with PMDG

Just to confirm this is likely to be a FSUIPC issue.

Had the same issue. EFB Client was not connecting so started out at LSZH as the default location each time.

In my case the P3D dll.xml contained no FSUIPC entry (for the unregistered version) even though FSUIPC and the Install log showed the installation was complete without errors.

Once the entry is present in this file , you will see the EFB Server run its startup routine/log and will see FSUIPC running via this message "FSUIPC successfully connected".

Also check in P3D that FSUIPC appears in the Add-on Menu.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 5</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC5.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_connect_64.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Regards

Mark

On 7/1/2018 at 5:31 PM, mrmad said:

Yeah I know and many have problems also regarding to avsim. I*m 1 of them^^

I have a paid  version of FSUIPC. I't running on this machine, both FSUIPC 5 & and Wide. The docs say If memory serves that EFBv2 client will find it if it's on the machine? If all this is true then the display unit should interface/ connect with the simulator, it doesn't. I do see " FSUIPC Successfully connected" line in the server DB when starting it!

We will concur this problem!

Regards

BaldyB

1 hour ago, BaldyB said:

I have a paid  version of FSUIPC. I't running on this machine, both FSUIPC 5 & and Wide. The docs say If memory serves that EFBv2 client will find it if it's on the machine? If all this is true then the display unit should interface/ connect with the simulator, it doesn't. I do see " FSUIPC Successfully connected" line in the server DB when starting it!

We will concur this problem!

Regards

BaldyB

OK, that's all going a bit criss-cross. I think we should clear things up before going into troubleshooting. The Client NEVER connects to the Simulator, neither directly nor through FSUIPC.

Let's start with the SERVER. It must be on the same machine as the Simulator and FSUIPC (correct version according User Guide) must be installed on the Simulator. When the SERVER is started it tries to connect to the SIMULATOR through FSUIPC and at the same time is listening on the TCP/IP for any CLIENT asking for connection. I do assume at this point that your installation went well and you have built the database.

When the CLIENT is started, it tries to connect to the SERVER via TCP/IP, no matter whether it is on the same computer as the SIMULATOR or not. If it is on a remote Computer (of course in a local network), it will ask for the IP Address of the Computer with the SIMULATOR and the SERVER. If it is on the same computer as the Simulator and the SERVER, you will just tell him in the connection menu and he will find his connection.

The starting order of of the various components (SERVER, CLIENT, SIMULATOR) is free. Whenever all components are running, they will connect automatically, if the setup is correct. To be honest, I  have no idea how the state of your installation is and where all components are installed. This needs to be clarified first.

So here are the first two questions:

1. Where is each of the components installed?

2. Is the initial setup completed (building of the database)?

15 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

OK, that's all going a bit criss-cross. I think we should clear things up before going into troubleshooting. The Client NEVER connects to the Simulator, neither directly nor through FSUIPC.

Let's start with the SERVER. It must be on the same machine as the Simulator and FSUIPC (correct version according User Guide) must be installed on the Simulator. When the SERVER is started it tries to connect to the SIMULATOR through FSUIPC and at the same time is listening on the TCP/IP for any CLIENT asking for connection. I do assume at this point that your installation went well and you have built the database.

When the CLIENT is started, it tries to connect to the SERVER via TCP/IP, no matter whether it is on the same computer as the SIMULATOR or not. If it is on a remote Computer (of course in a local network), it will ask for the IP Address of the Computer with the SIMULATOR and the SERVER. If it is on the same computer as the Simulator and the SERVER, you will just tell him in the connection menu and he will find his connection.

The starting order of of the various components (SERVER, CLIENT, SIMULATOR) is free. Whenever all components are running, they will connect automatically, if the setup is correct. To be honest, I  have no idea how the state of your installation is and where all components are installed. This needs to be clarified first.

So here are the first two questions:

1. Where is each of the components installed?

2. Is the initial setup completed (building of the database)?

On the Ryzen 1700, I have the client software set to run remotely. On the new machine I have the server + a client and of course the sim. The first time I ran the server it wanted a DB rebuild, thats fine because you need to update Navigraph as well. after that it runs fine and sees FSUIPC. The clients after a few DB re-builds because the DB does not agree with the simulator then seems to work in the sense that it loads with the sidebar saying 747-400 on the ground. but the text is still yellow. I the load the sim and use the same FP for both the sim & client  I place the aircraft at the same exact gate depicted by LSZH airport view. All I need to do is a push back, the plane in the sim of course moves the distance I enter into the FMC. The plane in the client does not. The whole setup is as you describe it should be. I carefully followed the sequence of starting things up to fly.

The server behaves just like the EFBv1 version, never a problem once set up properly. OTOH the client doesn't seem to want to see the sim. I know EFB is not a flight planner, but it needs to and Does get the plan into the bag, other wise it wouldn't work, an empty bag would be useless, no? Whatever is supposed to tell or inform the clients regarding the sims movement is broken, no? Otherwise you would see it on the moving map display unit.

I can't explain my problem much better than that. Everything is in place as you say it should be!

Regards

BaldyB

15 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

On the Ryzen 1700, I have the client software set to run remotely. On the new machine I have the server + a client and of course the sim. The first time I ran the server it wanted a DB rebuild, thats fine because you need to update Navigraph as well. after that it runs fine and sees FSUIPC. The clients after a few DB re-builds because the DB does not agree with the simulator then seems to work in the sense that it loads with the sidebar saying 747-400 on the ground. but the text is still yellow. I the load the sim and use the same FP for both the sim & client  I place the aircraft at the same exact gate depicted by LSZH airport view. All I need to do is a push back, the plane in the sim of course moves the distance I enter into the FMC. The plane in the client does not. The whole setup is as you describe it should be. I carefully followed the sequence of starting things up to fly.

The server behaves just like the EFBv1 version, never a problem once set up properly. OTOH the client doesn't seem to want to see the sim. I know EFB is not a flight planner, but it needs to and Does get the plan into the bag, other wise it wouldn't work, an empty bag would be useless, no? Whatever is supposed to tell or inform the clients regarding the sims movement is broken, no? Otherwise you would see it on the moving map display unit.

I can't explain my problem much better than that. Everything is in place as you say it should be!

Regards

BaldyB

Sorry, I still don't get what you are doing - especially not the order you do things. The way you describe it is very confusing e.g.: "after that it runs fine and sees FSUIPC"... The Server does not see FSUIPC in any way as long as the Simulator is not running. According to your description the Simulator is NOT running at that time.

Another one: " The clients after a few DB re-builds because the DB does not agree with the simulator then seems to work"... The Clients do in no way any check against the Simulator's database. This is purely the Server's task. And so on, and so on ....

It is almost impossible to find out, how and what things are happening on your computer.

So let's start from scratch again: Please do me a favour and do the things exactly in the order I describe now:

1. Start the Simulator. Place a default A/C at a suitable airpport (no matter which)

2. Make sure the Simulator has fully loaded and the A/C is at the desired position

3. Start the Server

4. Start the Client (please ATM only use one Client, best would be the one on your Simulator machine

5. When everything has loaded, wait a few minutes and then proceed to Shutdown EFB v2 and finally the Simulator

6. When everythin has properly closed down got to Windows Start Menu and select "AivlaSoft/EFB2 Create Support files"

This will open a command window. When the tasks are done, close the task window

You will find now two zipped files on your dektop, one beginning with "Server_" and one Beginning with "Client_", both having the ending ".txt.zip"

Copy those two files into your next contribution to this thread.

We will then have a closerand better  look into the what's and whereabouts of your connection problems.

4 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Sorry, I still don't get what you are doing - especially not the order you do things. The way you describe it is very confusing e.g.: "after that it runs fine and sees FSUIPC"... The Server does not see FSUIPC in any way as long as the Simulator is not running. According to your description the Simulator is NOT running at that time.

Another one: " The clients after a few DB re-builds because the DB does not agree with the simulator then seems to work"... The Clients do in no way any check against the Simulator's database. This is purely the Server's task. And so on, and so on ....

It is almost impossible to find out, how and what things are happening on your computer.

So let's start from scratch again: Please do me a favour and do the things exactly in the order I describe now:

1. Start the Simulator. Place a default A/C at a suitable airpport (no matter which)

2. Make sure the Simulator has fully loaded and the A/C is at the desired position

3. Start the Server

4. Start the Client (please ATM only use one Client, best would be the one on your Simulator machine

5. When everything has loaded, wait a few minutes and then proceed to Shutdown EFB v2 and finally the Simulator

6. When everythin has properly closed down got to Windows Start Menu and select "AivlaSoft/EFB2 Create Support files"

This will open a command window. When the tasks are done, close the task window

You will find now two zipped files on your dektop, one beginning with "Server_" and one Beginning with "Client_", both having the ending ".txt.zip"

Copy those two files into your next contribution to this thread.

We will then have a closerand better  look into the what's and whereabouts of your connection problems.

When I launched the server it asked if I wanted to install an update, I did so. I then loaded the Trike, forgot about the time difference so i killed it, couldn't see nutin. I then loaded the 172 changed to daytime. I could see right away something was strange/different. After loading, it worked, the 172 was moving on the display. After loading the UPS 74F and starting a push back I could see it was working great. I'm a happy man! Was it the server update? I tried the 172 the other day and it made no difference.

Didn't mean to be a pain in the butt, but that makes better coders.

Thanks for your help Regards

BaldyB

3 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Great to hear that it works now. No, it was not the update. EFB v2 is running on numerous systems without a glitch. Even here in my office on two different systems. Dont' worry, the coders of EFB v2 are professionals...

I was kidding.

Regards

BaldyB