X-Plane next please

Good day and thank you for this wonderful wonderful fantastic program.

My true favourite since many years back.

Now totally magnificent!

X-Plane used to be a very poor relation. Now it's phenomenal, once free Orthography and overlays installed.

More and more developers are sharing both simulators (P3D & XP. That's the choice for me, anyway).

Cross platform add-ons exist more and more every week. Pilot2ATC, FSGlobal Real Weather, PFPX/TOPCAT..

So ???

After you have a long rest, please oh please oh pretty please...

Make EFB2 'see' X-Plane ??

I am able to use it there as the best flight planner with SIDS & STARS ((so long as P3D is installed, it doesn't need to be running).

I just go to the airport I'm at in XP11 and request that airport manually in EFB2.

No moving map of course. How sad. Weather's perfect though!

Thank you for reading my silly rant.

All the best to you sir.

Shane (deepredson)

Hi Shane,

thanks for your good words on EFB.

I may tell you that first tests of connecting EFB v2 with XPlane 11.2 are already working,  still under some debugging conditions, but already very nice.

I cannot say yet with which of the upcoming versions XPlane will be supported, but we're are working on this already. Stay tuned. Thanks.

1 hour ago, aivlasoft said:

Hi Shane,

thanks for your good words on EFB.

I may tell you that first tests of connecting EFB v2 with XPlane 11.2 are already working,  still under some debugging conditions, but already very nice.

I cannot say yet with which of the upcoming versions XPlane will be supported, but we're are working on this already. Stay tuned. Thanks.

Nice news! But will I need to buy another licence to use in X plane 11?

10 minutes ago, jluis said:

Nice news! But will I need to buy another licence to use in X plane 11?

No, of course not. As with EFB v1, updates within the same major version (e.g. 2.1 > 2.2 > 2.3 etc.) are always free. Only major updates (e.g. 2.x > 3.x > 4.x) must be purchased.

• 2 weeks later...

I just found this software because I'm looking for a replacement of EFASS. The developer of EFASS died in an accident so support and development is non existent. Since the release of X-Plane 11.20, EFASS keeps crashing during approach so I guess it's time look for something new.

As you can see, I'm an X-Plane user and I'm just wondering if it's worth the wait. I mean is the X-Plane release going to be within a couple weeks or do I have to think more in months or maybe even a year or more from now?

I don't want to sound pushy but I want to make an educated decision on waiting or looking further. :)

1 hour ago, Oldbie said:

As you can see, I'm an X-Plane user and I'm just wondering if it's worth the wait. I mean is the X-Plane release going to be within a couple weeks or do I have to think more in months or maybe even a year or more from now?

It's too early to say how long it takes. We just have released EFB v2 and we are still working on bug fixes and minor improvements. It will be announced when we can reliably say how long it will take.

• 1 month later...

Could you please set up an EFBv2 for Xplane 11 forum page, so we don't have to trawl through pages of messages to see if there are any updates about xplane 11 version of your excellent software. 

That way we could subscribe to that forum, and get notified of any update, or release date. 

Hope your making good progress on the XPlane 11 version, I cannot wait to try it out. 

Best regards to all the Aivlasoft team.

Rob Engvikson

• 5 months later...

Hey Guys

Just wanted to drop a quick "attaboy"! So very happy to see you are working on EFB working with X-Plane. I fly both XP and P3D. Mainly due to the quality aircraft in both, however I am rapidly finding EFP is an addon I don't want to live without.

Thank you for an exceptional product and thank you for considering your community and bringing it to xplane!

Phil

• 2 weeks later...