Active Sky weather can dont load

AndreK

9 minutes ago, AndreK said:

Hello,

i have a problem with the weather... I have the snapshot.wx for the efb server (system/Settings...) but he loading only real world wheater.. Can you help me?

Thanks

Greets
Andre Krause

Did you check in "Settings/Global" that you actually have selected "ActiveSky" as your weather engine?

2 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Did you check in "Settings/Global" that you actually have selected "ActiveSky" as your weather engine?

Where is "settings/Global"? I only see on Server,Settings/ weather/files and folders/      No mention of Global....

On the Server's side you have to define which is the file to be analyzed, for a certain weather data provider. This must be done on the Server's side because reading the files is a task done by the Server.

On the Client's side you may select which weather provider you currently want to use.

That's why you have to check the settings at two different places.

I have had the same problem as AndreK and have managed to change the settings in the Client following your guidance given.

However I do not know how to get to the settings in the Server to insert the Active Sky.

Can someone provide a step by step guidance 

Thanks in advance.

Leslie

51 minutes ago, Leslie said:

I have had the same problem as AndreK and have managed to change the settings in the Client following your guidance given.

However I do not know how to get to the settings in the Server to insert the Active Sky.

Can someone provide a step by step guidance 

Thanks in advance.

Leslie

- Open the Server to show the server window on the desktop

- Click the "System" dropdown menu

- Click "Settings and more"

- Click the "Settings" button

it should now open on the tab of your Simulator, showing a few input windows for various paths

- at the "ActiveSky" line select the button to the far right and  go to the path where ActiveSky puts his "current_wx_snapshot.txt" fiile

- select this file and close the window by pressing "Ok" and you're done.

If you have use the standard installation path for your ActiveSky, it will be in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Hifi\AS_P3Dv4\Weather\current_wx_snapshot.txt