PMDG Flightplan Export

7 hours ago, BaldyB said:

I have FSUIPC 5 and FSUIPC wide, both paid for. I will look into it. With all do respect, when I fired up EFB v1 the aircraft appeared at wherever or whatever airport the flight plan started/ loaded at. Never a problem, that is a fact.

Regards

BaldyB

Yes, I believe you, thats exactly what EFB v2 does also. In contrary to EFB v1 which used Simconnect as a "linking feature" to the Simulator, EFB v2 uses FSUIPC. However you didn't answer my question about any warnings appearing on the Client pointing to connections problems.

28 minutes ago, lonewulf47 said:

Yes, I believe you, thats exactly what EFB v2 does also. In contrary to EFB v1 which used Simconnect as a "linking feature" to the Simulator, EFB v2 uses FSUIPC. However you didn't answer my question about any warnings appearing on the Client pointing to connections problems.

No more connection problems. Everything is working great. My problem is trying to do much at one time like building machines as well as learning the difference between v1and v2. I never did get any warnings except for the port 13 deal. I fixed that and it would not have happened with a purchased license. I created a flight from Zurich to London to get my plane out of there. 

You guy's did a great job. I hope I didn't give you the impression that I did not think you did a good job.

Tomorrow I will go into Si Brief and print out the flight fuel load  etc. to enter into to TopCat. The basic plan went into the client with no problems, and into PMDG's 74F. I was at the right gate 44. I got it thru my noggin that the plan stays wherever someone put it!

All is well. Thanks again

regards

BaldyB

10 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

No more connection problems. Everything is working great. My problem is trying to do much at one time like building machines as well as learning the difference between v1and v2. I never did get any warnings except for the port 13 deal. I fixed that and it would not have happened with a purchased license. I created a flight from Zurich to London to get my plane out of there. 

You guy's did a great job. I hope I didn't give you the impression that I did not think you did a good job.

Tomorrow I will go into Si Brief and print out the flight fuel load  etc. to enter into to TopCat. The basic plan went into the client with no problems, and into PMDG's 74F. I was at the right gate 44. I got it thru my noggin that the plan stays wherever someone put it!

All is well. Thanks again

regards

BaldyB

Sounds great! Thanks for info. Hope you enjoy EFB v2 as much as we do ?

6 hours ago, RWalls said:

I do use Simbrief to create flight plans that are loaded into EFB. Its great for calculating fuel and time enroute among other things. However, unless I'm missing something, it doesn't create an entry for ProATCX and each flightplan that Simbrief creates has to be manually copied to the correct directory. Of course I could use batch flies to do this but EFB 1.1 did it all automatically. 

I understand that EFB can't create flightplans for every possible aircraft but I would like to see continued support for the ones already available in 1.1. Maybe I should use EFB 1.1 for flightplan creation and just point EFB 2.0 to the 1.1 routes directory for the actual flight.

Richard

Are you using the Simbrief downloader, if not, that is what you are missing, although it doesn't have PATC. . 

2 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

Are you using the Simbrief downloader, if not, that is what you are missing, although it doesn't have PATC. . 

the flight plan for EFB goes into C;\users\ name\ documents\aivlasoft\EFB2\client\routs

I set up a flight and it came up in EFB2 exactly as it did in FSX.  The flight was from Zurich to EGLL, London. I looked good in the display unit, same runway, 28 to vebit etc. had a nice flight to London but my plane is still in Zurich at gate 44?

I'm going to give it a rest, still wants to rebuild the database every two seconds. The side panel indicates it sees the sim but that's it. Nothing on the display moves?

Good luck

Regards

BaldyB

8 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

the flight plan for EFB goes into C;\users\ name\ documents\aivlasoft\EFB2\client\routs

I set up a flight and it came up in EFB2 exactly as it did in FSX.  The flight was from Zurich to EGLL, London. I looked good in the display unit, same runway, 28 to vebit etc. had a nice flight to London but my plane is still in Zurich at gate 44?

I'm going to give it a rest, still wants to rebuild the database every two seconds. The side panel indicates it sees the sim but that's it. Nothing on the display moves?

Good luck

Regards

BaldyB

So the moving map doesn't even work. Sounds like you have some sort of connection problem. Need a technical expert to sort that out. Check out this thread. 

27 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

Good luck

Regards

BaldyB

Sorry for asking a bit stupid: Why don't you just taxi around and check the proper connection? There is no reason to start a flight if the connection is not ok. It won't improve even if you fly to New York! if the connection is not ok, the A/C will not move on the map, no matter what map you have selected. And don't forget to always start the Server as Admin! BTW what  do you mean by " The side panel indicates it sees the sim"?? If there's a yellow "Simulator" written, it means that it DOESN'T see the Simulator!

10 hours ago, bobsk8 said:

Simbrief gives you a list of formats it creates plans for and I just click on the ones I want to download. They all go to the default download folder for my browser.

At any rate I bit the bullet and bought the PFPX and Topcat bundle and now I'm spending day learning it and trying to work it into my planning routine. Overkill for some of the GA flying I do but it does provide extremely accurate planning for airline flights. 

Richard

8 hours ago, lonewulf47 said:

Sorry for asking a bit stupid: Why don't you just taxi around and check the proper connection? There is no reason to start a flight if the connection is not ok. It won't improve even if you fly to New York! if the connection is not ok, the A/C will not move on the map, no matter what map you have selected. And don't forget to always start the Server as Admin! BTW what  do you mean by " The side panel indicates it sees the sim"?? If there's a yellow "Simulator" written, it means that it DOESN'T see the Simulator!

It felt so good flying again...

Yes it's Yellow in the side panel, how to fix?

Regards

BaldyB

50 minutes ago, BaldyB said:

It felt so good flying again...

Yes it's Yellow in the side panel, how to fix?

Regards

BaldyB

Sorry, you shouldn't post in two different threads. You obviously have no valid setup of your EFB v2. Please stick to the other thread and and try to answer the questions I have asked there.

• 5 weeks later...

EFB v2 isn't flight plan program but v1 was? Well - I tryed make a flight plan with EFB v2 and send it to a PMDG NGX folder. It gone but .pln format. Ok - then I tryed use the PFPX planner and send flight plan to NGX folder but some reasons without succesess. After that I'm start to getting to be a little bit angry. Then I remember that I have a good and free nice flight plan program called LittleNavmap. I copied a flight plan from Route Finder (same as I made with EFB2) and copy/paste it to LNM and after that I exported the plan to NGX Flight plan folder without pain.

This is my way to use this new program. Other could be use those both EFB1 and EFB2 side by side.

Just to chip in with my $2.

I use PFPX or Simbrief and export to both EFB2 and whichever Aircraft I'm intending to fly in. I also send a plan to the P3d folder as Radar Contact and AS4 will get the plans from there.

Once I've added SID's and STARS I save the route in EFB2. 

SID's should be added in the Aircraft during preflight and whilst STARS can be added then they are better left until you are closer to your arrival so you know wind direction and what runways are active.

I too was confused/dismayed when I couldn't export from EFB2 at first but then quickly realised I never needed it in the first place.